Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leclair

I hope KT gives us longer hairstyles for the girlies. Tina/ayane would rock this
B71352F3-5D50-4E27-A6F8-63956995B1CA.jpeg
E4082A61-EC10-4110-BBE2-B38FA82610B6.jpeg

Also. I Hope they make the «long» hairstyles longer and fuller
F35F2449-9021-4F3C-82AF-677B755044BA.jpeg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope KT gives us longer hairstyles for the girlies. Tina/ayane would rock this

Also. I Hope they make the «long» hairstyles longer and fuller
I don't think the girls who wear their hair short deserve longer hair options but yes to Kasumi having longer thicker hair like she did in DOA4! ♡.♡ But not like in that pic tho, Kasumi's hair should look more like this since her current length is fine imo
IMG_wc92zm.jpg

Hayabusiness

Would be cool if they went crazy with hairstyles this time around.
Definitely won't happen but I'd like to see that... Especially Kasumi with a cute short haircut and Ayane with long hair like the one suggested by Leclair.
But would that mess too much with their iconic looks?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, considerably longer and thicker hair won't happen this time. That would be stressing the engine too much and would at this point in time still be a clipping nightmare. As we can see they are going for the same hair rendering and physics solution, they just added more polygons/hair links for it to move smoother, and that it does. I thought Hitomi's hair fell great over her shoulders in the Gamescom demo.
Next generation we might see a true upgrade in that regard.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DOA6 would only be the vanilla game. I can imagine the game upgrade from the following year(s).

I already now what upgrades DOA6 Ultimate will have:

1) Tag mode
2) Ein, Leon, Momiji, Rachel Nyotengu
3) OMG physics settings
4) non-egghead hair for Eliot, thanks, finally! D:
5) navels

TOBMAST3R

I already now what upgrades DOA6 Ultimate will have:

1) Tag mode
2) Ein, Leon, Momiji, Rachel Nyotengu
3) OMG physics settings
4) non-egghead hair for Eliot, thanks, finally! D:
5) navels

OMG, Tyaren. As much as I love you, please stop saying Rachel wont be in DOA6 Vanilla. =( :rachel:

By the way - for "Ultimate" I think, that some Virtua Fighter's could return or even new guest characters.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
And hopefully the final version.

An honest attempt at giving representative images of each character in each installment for comparison in regards to redesigns done before:

View attachment 25642View attachment 25643View attachment 25644View attachment 25645

Nice work. Though I personally don't think CG poster work should be in there over actual in-game shots. A lot of the shots of Helena and Leifang fall under that, and Hitomi DOA3 as well.

Reason I bring it up is that each of those games where a CG poster is being used have been touched up digitally for advertising or run under some post processing and/or higher-res models.

Also, DOA2 can vary greatly from Dreamcast to PS2 to Xbox to PC so... yeah.

axouel2009

ok guys first post about DOA6 design with Diego Character Developpement DEAD OR ALIVE 6

diego01.jpg
diego02.jpg

feel free to spam twitter and facebook and everywhere do get designs we deserve ! ( if you do don't forget to tag me ! )

What do you wand next, I have few tricks up my sleeve like christie, leifang redesign or a full DOA2 legacy pack :p !

Truth

I'm not a fan of the costumes so far. I see that they are trying to invoke a retro/nostalgic feel with those blocked out simple colours, but if they really wanted to do it properly they should have have used DOA2 as reference. I dont like Lei's generic 2 piece. They should have revealed her in her iconic pumps and china dress, that would be much more impactful. I feel like it trying to make the characters looks retro they have stripped them of their personality.
I also dont like the weird glossy texture that seems to be on everyones clothes.

DeathHand

ahah seems I´m pretty pleased with the game unlike many, I do agree Lei Fang new costume could use some drawing of a phoenix or something to fill all that white part, aside from that I´m not worried, they´ll have other costumes, I hope Hayate has ALL the ones from DoA5 because they are too awesome to discard. As for graphics, they looking great, only the hair is outdated giving it a more past gen feel, everything else could not look much better without a complete overall redesign, DoA 5 had amazing character models for it´s time...we gotta give it time anyways, it´s pretty obvious the game is in very early stages of development, by TGS 2018 we should have a more clear idea of what the final game will look like.

on the side note, I soooooo want for them to release a alpha demo, at least for those who pre order digital or something, I really wanna try out those Hayate teleports

Raansu

Breast physics confirmed and Helena also got a bit of sudden chest growth...

What is this big sigh of relief that I am hearing all over the internet, lol?

Man....There's button mashing and then there's that lol. Is it really that hard to figure out whats punch and whats kick? The amount of times he pressed the throw button lmao. Also, is it just me or does this look sped up?

Cadaveri

The stage lighting was definitely better in E3 build (granted these are from different stages). I do like face design more with the current lighting, and ye they've grown it seems

pOHqSOm.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I can't decide whether those breasts actually got bigger or not.

Oh, they definitely did. They fill out the top much more and are even pressed to together so little space do they have.

I wonder if this is in general Helena's new chest size or if it only grows after one turned on the jiggle settings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD