Level of competition online is at an all times series low.

DR2K

I remember DOA2 and 4 having a lot of decent players online, that did more than mash holds and learned combos, set ups, characters etc. . . DOA5 it's very rare to meet someone that's even half decent.

I'm not bragging, because I'm not some super top tier player, just find competition to be devoid of skill and effort online.

DontForkWitMe

PSN is a cesspool of scrubs the last time i played a few months ago, im sure xbl has more decent players since it has most of the old school cats from DOA2/4. if MS weren't such money grubbin nickel and diming asshats who charge for online play i'd still have a 360 and would've got that version instead

DR2K

PSN is a cesspool of scrubs the last time i played a few months ago, im sure xbl has more decent players since it has most of the old school cats from DOA2/4. if MS weren't such money grubbin nickel and diming asshats who charge for online play i'd still have a 360 and would've got that version instead

Eh it was pretty terrible on 360 as well.

Ironically I think the hold system makes it harder for new players to learn other mechanics since it's so damn prevalent.

synce

I last played 1-2 months ago on Live and it was mostly S ranks. Generally that's what happens at the end of a game's lifespan, which came pretty early for DOA5.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I last played 1-2 months ago on Live and it was mostly S ranks. Generally that's what happens at the end of a game's lifespan, which came pretty early for DOA5 online.

Fixed.

DR2K: You're playing randoms often online, it's to be expected. DOA has always had a relatively low skill level online (with few exceptions). This is nothing new.

Bushido

I never thought this situation would actually happen to me...but it has. The only challenges I really have are facing my friends ( who are about on the same level ) and the rare occasion online....

Ghosty-J

Well I'm sorry for being the biggest DoA5/VF5FS scrub to ever grace the face of PSN. I'm a horrible person.

tumblr_mjrzf0F6oD1ra7hh7o1_400.gif

DR2K

Fixed.

DR2K: You're playing randoms often online, it's to be expected. DOA has always had a relatively low skill level online (with few exceptions). This is nothing new.

I'm not expecting everyone to be good, but there was definitely more people trying in 2 and 4 online.

MrMoon360

I remember DOA2 and 4 having a lot of decent players online, that did more than mash holds and learned combos, set ups, characters etc. . . DOA5 it's very rare to meet someone that's even half decent.

I'm not bragging, because I'm not some super top tier player, just find competition to be devoid of skill and effort online.

Sounds depressing. But you're probably not all that good to be complaining.
Hmhmhmhm.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD