Lisa is La Mariposa!!!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Oy, you guys! Check this out, straight from a press release:

Lisa Hamilton, also known as "La Mariposa," is a former scientist for the Dead or Alive Tournament Executive Committee (DOATEC) and an accomplished luchadora. Lisa's unpredictable lucha libre style combines moves she learned while training with friend and fellow DOA competitor Tina Armstrong during high school and her own blend of high-flying kicks. Her unorthodox style makes her a difficult opponent to counter and defend against effectively. Little is known as to why Lisa has returned to the fifth DOA Tournament, but the reemergence DOATEC has once again brought "La Mariposa" back into action...

Lisa is La Mariposa confirmed! Try to contain your shock, awe, and shock 'n awe! I AM EXCITE!

DR2K

That chick from the volleyball games? Sweet. I always thought it was El Blaze living a very sordid double life.

PhoenixVFIRE

Shhhh don't tell anyone this, but.....

I think Lisa Hamilton is *looks around carefully*................................La Mariposa.

:eek: :eek::confused::confused:
NO WAY! *faints*

TRI Mike

hello-and-welcome-to-last-week.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
TRI Mike's broken image is representative of his hopes that La Mariposa would be revealed to be Helena's secret, still-good alt.

chocogerman777

They should've just made La Mariposa and Lisa different characters with the same moveset.. that would have made the shortened holds,OP VF characters and Helena's destruction hurt less.

Arnell Long

Nah, Lisa isn't about to pull a Tekken, I'm glad Team Ninja made her how she should be...when you choose her in outfit she's La Mariposa, when you choose her out of costume she's Lisa according to the name changing above the HP Bars...

1 person "Lisa Hamilton", 2 persona's "Lisa/La Mariposa", 3 Jobs "Luchador, Stockbroker, and Scientist".

At least Helena was considered a beast and one of the best in DOA4, Lisa however was riding the bottom with Tengu and Brad Wong. Guess Helena players see how we feel now, probably not since Lisa is still lacking some tools to put her on that threatening list.

Wish Lisa got them buffs like the lower characters of DOA4 did, Bayman, Elliot, Bass, Christie, etc. I must say tho, with DOA5's system, any character can win, but that sorely depends on the skill of the player. So I'm fine if Ms Hamilton stays the way she is. My other main "Bayman" will handle the rest.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
She did get buffs. They just aren't very extreme buffs considering the new system mechanics.

And you really going to take up Bayman, huh? I'll have to put you through the gauntlet...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD