Lisa version 1.03 changes

synce

Hmm I never noticed it until you said something bat but 9k also has that "evade lows" status for a split second. I'll fire up the 360 version later and see if that's new

EDIT: Also noticed the game tells you which OH grabs track now, so that's definitely updated

@karraz Is that from limbo stun? Make sure critical hold and stagger escape are set to fastest when testing

Batcommander

Some of the changes are wrong; PK still has wall blow-back, you can still follow up wakeup F+K with anything you want, and BT opponents don't face forward after getting hit, so 1PP against a BT opponent still causes a faint stun.

So far, Lisa seems great. Her basic gameplay remains intact, the new tools she got were sort of icing on the cake. Pity on the 66PP buff being garbage, oh well. I think the fact it doesn't work on crouching opponents was a pure oversight on TN's part; the 66PP/66PK mixup is completely meh because of it.

It seems BT jumping heavy attack is guaranteed after landing 6F+K. After landing it, quickly press 8p, then 8P+K. 70-75 damage off one hit, which is the same damage as a fully charged 1F+K:eek:

Batcommander

66PP is great. Trying to find ways of untilizing limbo stuns with her.
Meh, its' alright. The limbo only works on open stance (or closed, forgot which one). Also, it doesn't work on crouchers either. It's a i20 short range high, so it seems really situational to me imo.

I guess you could use it as a whiff punisher; ie whiff the 66P, then go for either the followup P or K. I dunno, it's not really a game changer imo, but it's there! lol

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Well Lisa appears to have retained her ground game, except her 2p/2k, 2k (can still work with the first hit a bit), and her special wakeup still stuns pretty nastily

synce

I can't even tell you how much fun I'm having with Lisa now. Forget all my other characters, I'm focusing squarely on this ho for now. The potential is ridonkulous.

9K sit down on NH is huge. I'm tossing that thing out like nobody's business. BT CB is huuuuge. 66PP? Huge.

For me the stance thing is a non-issue since my Kokoro had moves like that, and unlike Kokoro Lisa can switch stances very easily :) No limbo on crouching NH does kinda blow but Lisa's so damn good already :cool:

The new booty bump... If you do it after 64T you don't get any HCH multiplier but if they try attacking after the throw you do get small CH bonus. If they try ducking it gives you a different stun which lets you follow with 7P for faint stun or 7K for bigger juggle (94 dmg on nh)

Batcommander

booty bump on BT opponent is fucking nuts. Use 8 OH to jump over downed opponent, bait the wakeup kick, and hit them with this and get your free 85 damage.

I'm glad you clarified what that new animation stun was, i landed it a couple times with booty tonight, but wasn't sure of the conditions of it. So it works on BT crouching opponents, neat.

You can't move forward while in BT at the start of round, but it's still nice to have.

The health nerf is so noticeable, i've made several comebacks tonight.:cool:

Batcommander

more misc. notes:

It is no longer necessary to free cancel blocked body splash if you want to use any moves starting with 1,4, or 7. It works perfectly fine now.

3K is still -8 on block, but only if you don't cancel into BT.

66PP will cause a massive +50 stun on low holders, still no limbo stun possible though.

3K4 is the shit. Because it is only -3 on block now, you can do BT backdash after poking an opponent, making this a great tracking mid kick spacing tool. Use this in tandem with 6P to keep pressure on blocking opponents.

DR2K

I don't even use booty bump. Then again I find her Bt throw irrelevant, especially when she has 2 high damage throws.

Batcommander

Alright, the wakeup F+K has been changed. If it whiffs, the follow up sweeps are no longer usable. In fact, it may not even be there anymore, haven't tested it. Not sure if it works on block either.

BT jumping heavy attack may not be guaranteed after all from 6F+K. I think you can tech roll backwards and it will avoid it, sigh.

edit: yep, follow up sweeps from wakeup F+K are gone completely. Not a big deal, the stun is still there, so yeah.

Also, BT jumping heavy attack is NOT guaranteed after 6F+K. Backwards tech roll will beat both BT and standing forward jumping heavy attack.

This might be a bug, but Lisa's 4throw no longer has tracking :confused:

It is possible to get up to +7 on block from 9kP.

new edit: Lisa's 4 throw still has tracking, the game incorrectly says it has none. It is just a tooltip error.

Tones

Premium Donor
You guys are looking like you are having fun with this new system.

There are still some combos being listed which are pretty much redundant. 4p6k and 2kp6k as starters are crap. Why? At the time you'd use them as a starter. Before you read my reasoning, stop and think about it, question it.

They track sure, but you should set them up to need to sidestep. This is were throws come in. Imagine thinking I need to side step but you know that they can do 1/3 of your health if they decide to throw you. While you're thinking about this I've been working my CBs, frame advantage and force techs pseudo or now. So now we're both at say 40-50% health. You side step, I throw. You now have 5-10% health left. 1 hard hitting attack, a few jabs or one small combo will kill you.

Just to repost something so it doesn't get overlooked.
... I agree sit down stuns shouldn't be slow escapable out but things like Lisa's k+f/ssk should still be slow escapable.

There is a skill to both sides of it, to slow escape from those turning stun and then come out with the right reaction. You end up in BT so holding guard adds another 2 frames before it guards, holding 8/2 is pretty safe but you can still get caught if you don't block when you see the attack and you can get thrown. Back dashing out is safer but it puts you at a run in range with a slight disadvantage since they have the frame advantage. However if the attack has knock you next to a wall, then they get the combo/juggle free.

It's a nice meta-game, something I'd much prefer than the "Okay now I can just work stun, or go for a quick juggle or set up a throw" which is *YAWN* everywhere else in the game.

Mr.Kwiggle

making all her 3k4 variations safe is amazing. i have really been screwing people with them after backdash on block and get a counter hit lol also any stun followed with H+K, or 4p6k= free 1pkk followed by a 33p. abuse it all day people lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD