DOA5LR List of New Content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittlePrince-Helena

Random, but I was watching the video Famitsu posted with Hitomi's loose pose and then I watched a youtube video of Hitomi with the same bikini. Well, I can totally see the "soft skin engine" lol. Maybe it's more evident with bikinis than with full clothes.

Argentus

Nyotengu feels more like an arrogant prostitute, than a noblewoman to me. No, I'm not trying to offend her, I truly believe, she is supposed to be one. XD Team Ninja spelled it even out for us in her music theme: "Oiran Drive" An oiran being a traditional Japanese courtesan aka a well educated prostitute.
Lol when I say noblewoman I'm thinking high class hooker. Like how strip joints are called a gentlemen's club.

LittlePrince-Helena

I like that, just for one brief answer, he did mention also the male characters. Anyway, I don't have an issue with all this "soft skin" talk, as female characters are my favorite, and I mean not only in Dead or Alive but in every fighting game, so I like if they "take care" of them :)

WisperG

Also
007_08.jpg

Is that official? Where is it from?

Did I miss an announcement of a new DLC pack or something? :confused:

RetroMe91

So what's the likelihood that the new female may be a black female or at least a nonwhite/nonasian female? I mean it's clear that TN is not a fan of diversity... Lisa being both lightened up only to be killed off, Zack constantly being made into one giant joke each game, Leon almost not even making the game, none of the VF characters are outside the white/Asian theme, Mila hardly counts as hispanic, Alpha-152 hardly counts as anything other than a Jell-O creature, Tengu was replaced by an Asian female, and... oh wait that's everyone who could be deemed diverse...

To be fair, the personalities are diverse (stereotypical for some, but diverse none the less).

werewolfgold

So what's the likelihood that the new female may be a black female or at least a nonwhite/nonasian female?
I don't think you want an answer to that question. lol

But, honestly, look at basically any other Japanese media. Nonwhite and Non-Asian characters are not that plentiful. Hell, Koreans barely exist (due to various reasons). But, I suppose we'll just have to see.

RetroMe91

I don't think you want an answer to that question. lol

But, honestly, look at basically any other Japanese media. Nonwhite and Non-Asian characters are not that plentiful. Hell, Koreans barely exist (due to various reasons). But, I suppose we'll just have to see.

I knew the answer going into it... haha. Tekken and VF is way more popular in the west and I think the diversity of races actually help. Maybe TN should play ball. Tekken has Raven. They literally have a black ninja playing a serious role. That's rad. VF has Vanessa Lewis! Enough said. I was like dying to get her in DOA5. Why can't they add something new? Every time I see a new Asian girl, I just think that made Leifang, Kokoro, and Momiji seem so much more average. I could say the same for Tina, Helena, and Rachel when blondes get added...

Reactions: Ana

Xhominid The Demon Within

I knew the answer going into it... haha. Tekken and VF is way more popular in the west and I think the diversity of races actually help. Maybe TN should play ball. Tekken has Raven. They literally have a black ninja playing a serious role. That's rad. VF has Vanessa Lewis! Enough said. I was like dying to get her in DOA5. Why can't they add something new? Every time I see a new Asian girl, I just think that made Leifang, Kokoro, and Momiji seem so much more average. I could say the same for Tina, Helena, and Rachel when blondes get added...

We can bring up that Lisa is black stuff again...she damn sure isn't ganguro and she's a scientist taken pretty seriously so that's a point in your favor already.

Me? I find Raven to be cool...but meh since that is all he is since he really has no real story atm to really tell for why he's in Tekken. And Marie Rose and Nyo isn't Asian either(And no, just because Tengu is based on Japanese culture doesn't mean she's Japanese by default, Tengu aren't human to begin with) so yeah, you mainly want black people...good luck with that in Japanese games.

Dacthunder

So what's the likelihood that the new female may be a black female or at least a nonwhite/nonasian female? I mean it's clear that TN is not a fan of diversity... Lisa being both lightened up only to be killed off, Zack constantly being made into one giant joke each game, Leon almost not even making the game, none of the VF characters are outside the white/Asian theme, Mila hardly counts as hispanic, Alpha-152 hardly counts as anything other than a Jell-O creature, Tengu was replaced by an Asian female, and... oh wait that's everyone who could be deemed diverse...

To be fair, the personalities are diverse (stereotypical for some, but diverse none the less).
Funny I was thinking the same thing lol. It's most UNLIKELY the new female will be black, new female will be White or Asian. Dark skinned characters are ugly to TN. Also at first Zack's skin was a bit lighter, then they made him a little darker for the final build. I'd be shocked if the new female is black.

Reactions: Ana

Dacthunder

We can bring up that Lisa is black stuff again...she damn sure isn't ganguro and she's a scientist taken pretty seriously so that's a point in your favor already.

Me? I find Raven to be cool...but meh since that is all he is since he really has no real story atm to really tell for why he's in Tekken. And Marie Rose and Nyo isn't Asian either(And no, just because Tengu is based on Japanese culture doesn't mean she's Japanese by default, Tengu aren't human to begin with) so yeah, you mainly want black people...good luck with that in Japanese games.
Raven definitely has a better story/purpose than most DOA5 characters. Dead or Alive is far behind Tekken in story, but Tekken is far behind DOA in smooth gameplay. Tekken will always succeed over DOA because Harada knows how to read a broader audience.

Ana

I don't care about plot in fighting games. If I want a good plot I play jrpgs. Simple. I want a good character with nice design. It can be black girl or true Latino with nice fighting style that will suit her.

Tekken plot is... lol. Like my friend said "see that? it's the bottom an here is the plot of soulcalibur now. Can you her it? It's Tekken's plot knocking from below"

Kronin

Credits to the user Mr.T from DOAWORLD:

------------

Don't know if this has been posted before here in the forums, but the Last Round debut trailer can be found in much less compressed form on the Japanese PSN... It makes it much easier to see details in characters and environments compared to the trailer on Tecmo Koei's youtube channel. In addition it's 1080p compared to youtube where it's only 720p. Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu0zughjdplo0fn/DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Debut Trailer.mp4?dl=0

A few screenshots:

7995bedd_o.jpeg

9fe0ee35_o.jpeg

e469034f_o.jpeg

8f559aa8_o.jpeg

-----------------------------------

The screens seem to me already pretty good, but remember that to a fan requesting improvements on the antialiasing matter, TN answered:

Please don't be festinate. We are showing the demo, OK? RT @lovelikeadove: @TeamNINJAStudio Fix the antialiasing in Last Round on PS4!

Thanks. RT @lovelikeadove: @TeamNINJAStudio ok I trust it'll all be good when it's finished

Sign that on the visual side TN has still improvements to do before the final game.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Thanks to the user Mr.T from DOAWORLD

------------

Don't know if this has been posted before here in the forums, but the Last Round debut trailer can be found in much less compressed form on the Japanese PSN... It makes it much easier to see details in characters and environments compared to the trailer on Tecmo Koei's youtube channel. In addition it's 1080p compared to youtube where it's only 720p. Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu0zughjdplo0fn/DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Debut Trailer.mp4?dl=0

A few screenshots:

7995bedd_o.jpeg

9fe0ee35_o.jpeg

e469034f_o.jpeg

8f559aa8_o.jpeg

-----------------------------------

The screens seem to me already pretty good, but remember that to a fan requesting improvements on the antialiasing matter, TN answered:

Please don't be festinate. We are showing the demo, OK? RT @lovelikeadove: @TeamNINJAStudio Fix the antialiasing in Last Round on PS4!

Sign that on the visual side TN has still improvements to do before the final game.

Awesome! Can you give us a download link of the high quality trailer, in the quality of these pics? :) The version uploaded on dropbox is unfortunately only a very compressed, pixelated version. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD