DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5LR Discussion - Guest from FF/KOF series

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That's sounds flashy! Let's hope your perdiction become true :)

I correct myself. Her Wild Ambition super attack (famitsu picture nº4) is her cliffhanger, not her Power Blow. So I guess as Power Blow she has her traditional Chou Hisatsu. Now i wonder what's her Power Launcher.

From what i understood she's good in close range but also in space. So she would be considered as a zoner (wich makes sense since in KOf she is a good zoner but also she can be a good rushdown character). Looks like she is weak in mid range.
Zoner?? HELLO!! ♡_♡

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
More news, A1RGEAR wrote to me saying he'll get recording footage off his phone over there, however the first day phones are not allowed in the building. He can probably sneak gameplay a day later or so.

Aliorumnas

57bc086148fdd.jpg

Can anyone tell which DOA character and which KOF character that is? (Being burnt up?)

Seems they gave Kasumi Todos outfit to Kokoro (Unless that's Kasumi (DOA) with black hair)

And they gave Yuri to Hitomi -- but i can't tell who that is in the fire.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
And maybe someone can link the update notes here when they are posted on the arcade site? That'll be useful for seeing any buffs/nerfs that anyone is getting.

And that looks like Ayane imo, short hair but could be honoka.

Shiranui

57bc086148fdd.jpg

Can anyone tell which DOA character and which KOF character that is? (Being burnt up?)

Seems they gave Kasumi Todos outfit to Kokoro (Unless that's Kasumi (DOA) with black hair)

And they gave Yuri to Hitomi -- but i can't tell who that is in the fire.

Is Hinako.
hinako2000fix.jpg

Is difficult to tell who from DOA is, but my bet is Honoka. Ayane doesn't make any sense since Ayane and Hinako have absolutely nothing in common. Because her blonde hair could be Marie Rose, but since in the picture appears to have pinky hair, I would say is not Marie Rose. Besides, Hinako uses strong attacks and force (she's a sumo fighter) so Honoka makes much more sense definitely since she uses force too.

Dark-truth

DB Wins again @GreatDarkHero @Shiranui @HHH816 @KasumiLover69 -

Now for the next trick, Mai prediction roughly mid September. Late night download September 12 on a Monday. PSN will have issues on a Sunday because of 9/11 as my prediction, so as an apology and remembering 9/11 (just like last year) - they will perform a flash sale and a early day of Tuesday downloads for NA.

You are welcome.
DB please, we all know you secretly work for team ninja that's why you're right. #CoverBlown

Shiranui

I really need to see Mai fighting. To think in Akihabara are testing her it kills me..

Last edited:

Aliorumnas

Is Hinako.
hinako2000fix.jpg

Is difficult to tell who from DOA is, but my bet is Honoka. Ayane doesn't make any sense since Ayane and Hinako have absolutely nothing in common. Because her blonde hair could be Marie Rose, but since in the picture appears to have pinky hair, I would say is not Marie Rose. Besides, Hinako uses strong attacks and force (she's a sumo fighter) so Honoka makes much more sense definitely since she uses force too.
You are right, i see her hat, and i think it is Honoka, which makes no sense...

Xhominid The Demon Within

Damn, so Mai is pretty much heading in the same direction as Akuma and plays more like a 2D character in a 3D space.

Being able to have her specials, special cancel and jump is going to be something else. I heard her jumping will probably be like Kasumi's rather than Momiji's...which makes sense.

And Mai being easy to use and being a spacer will probably guarantee Mid-Tier shenanigans unless there's some massive hidden weakness like Naotora.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Damn, so Mai is pretty much heading in the same direction as Akuma and plays more like a 2D character in a 3D space.

Being able to have her specials, special cancel and jump is going to be something else. I heard her jumping will probably be like Kasumi's rather than Momiji's...which makes sense.

And Mai being easy to use and being a spacer will probably guarantee Mid-Tier shenanigans unless there's some massive hidden weakness like Naotora.
No reversal = Low health in 3D Fighters. And she may sacrifice safety, too since in 2D fighters, she's always been a character that's versatile.

That pick above with the flame & her fans looks like a her powerblow.

No reversal = Low health in 3D Fighters. And she may sacrifice safety, too since in 2D fighters, she's always been a character that's versatile.

Yeah that's true, she always had a massive versatile set, but no real safety in her moves as a tradeoff. At the same time, it can easily be her speed and versatility that will make her high tier in the game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
They are testing it now in private rooms but tomorrow they are allowing entries for people to try her locally. Phones are still not allowed but we are human beings...someone would break such a small rule anyway so it does not even matter.

Wished her default costume wasn't so plain... :/ Looks off in DOA5's realistic and detailed art style. Even in graphically not so great KOF14 Mai's default has some pretty patterns on her garb.

Except that's pretty much exactly how Mai's outfit looked for a long while before KOFXIV and after Art of Fighting...

And her KOFXIV outfit is simply a RETURN to her original look.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
This Mai's ninja gi is the one from 97 & 98/Fatal Fury. Some of her moves resemble that & thensome in Fatal Fury 2. I guess they wanted to have her look traditional in the older games while have a new style of gi (updated) in KOF XIV?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Bets on, I pick September 12/13.

No surprise if it's on the 20th, would be rather surprised if it's on the 9th for NA.

DB please, we all know you secretly work for team ninja that's why you're right. #CoverBlown

Oh man, if I was TN they would pay me to keep quiet. I'd probably take the money too and kept quiet about it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Except that's pretty much exactly how Mai's outfit looked for a long while before KOFXIV and after Art of Fighting...

And her KOFXIV outfit is simply a RETURN to her original look.

I am aware of that. It still looks off in DOA 5's realistic art style. There are usually at least some patterns, even if very faint. It wouldn't make the costume less classic/memorable. Mai's body and face also were translated into a more realistic style after all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD