DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5LR Discussion - Guest from FF/KOF series

HHH816

can't wait for her gameplay video
jumpup.gif

UpSideDownGRUNT

From those screens it looks like she'll have a aerial PB like Momiji and it looks like its her aerial ultimate from KOF(makes sense)

She also has her fans and flame attacks, interesting.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Her outfit doesn't look so hot in stills....it looked better and more natural in her winpose... But god those hips and that ponytail are glorious!♡

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
l_57bc0861470dd.jpg

Famitsu article translation:
Mai Shiranui, quick successive movements and, fight while making full use of the cancellation of deathblow, speed type of character. For easy to handle, it is also recommended for beginners. "Hanachoogi" (236P), "Ryuen Mai" (214P), "deadly Shinobuhachi" (236K), such as "heat haze of dance" (214P + K), familiar deathblow is available in original, in addition, you may also be paying out to cancel the part of the normal technique. In addition, before the jump in the 9P, it can be carried out behind jump in 7P, before addition to that release the attack and press the P and K in the jump, "flying squirrel of dance" (before the jump in P + K) also I use ! But it is playing a 3D fighting game, mean that when feeding the continuous technique is taste sensation, such as a 2D fighting game. By the way, you can also jump triangle!

Besides, in the power blow "ultra-deadly Shinobuhachi", and take the upper P hold "egret dance", such as such as "Moonlight disturbance Peony" of throwing techniques (236H + P), deathblow of Mai Shiranui In the original technique was is, has been firmly reproduced as a unique technique of this work. Among them happy is, "illusion Shiranui" (in side step P + K) is that there is! This is " Fatal Fury 's the trick to put out chestnuts to attack after a" series system of "line movement", but not it is assigned to a side step technique. " Fatal Fury " series, " KOF addition to the technique of" series, " SNK VS. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS " such as the work of such, has been incorporated to the small place, whoa "every time you get the technique, seen that maybe many people think that there is! ". It should be noted that, personally hope that he was "leotard Shinobuhachi" is not unfortunately ... (laughs).

First commentary around the deathblow. "Before the jump" deathblow other than in (9P) is, 4P, 6PP, KKK, specific skills, such as 66KK is supported to cancel input. "Hanachoogi" (236P) can be used to restrain from a long distance, but, because the gap be allowed to hit big, let's use only as a checks and balances. "Ryuen Mai" (214P) is an easy-to-use middle skills in combos and cooperation, there is little chance be guard, the other party to reply, not determined. "Mortal Shinobuhachi" (236K) is a damage of high blow Shi attack, trick facing the tightening of the combo. "Heat haze of dance" (214P + K) is, has become a high-power float technique. In addition, K of "before the jump" in (9P), which will be finalized counterattack to be guard, cancel input of less watertight be guard "flying squirrel of dance" (before the jump in P + K) corresponding to. "Hanachoogi" (236P) use far from the deathblow other than, in addition to the collaboration with the combo, that put out to cancel, it is why there is also to erase the gap of skill.

● Recommended fighting

In a short distance, let's fight the fast P and 6P is out of tricks to the main shaft. And PP2K derived to lower attack in the case of P, in addition to the PPP that is derived in the middle attack Yusabureru the opponent's guard, PPK will be in "critical" state of the opponent if the normal hit. Since the 6P the middle attack is also gap is large and hit only one shot, in the lower derivation and 6PK, such as shoot a 2 to cancel the 6PP a middle attack of continuous "Ryuen mai" (214 + P), Let's attack by deriving the trick. To them, it is the cooperation of the lower attack starting 1KPP also interwoven and, you can dazzle your opponent. In addition, among unfamiliar, middle → lower → strong cooperation of the middle is put out chestnut, also one of the hands keep for the time being out of the 6PKPP. Since the end of the cooperation "Ryuen Mai" comes out, counterattack be guard without committing hit, it has become a very powerful technique.

In this way it is a strong dance is at close range, medium-range game is a little weak. Since the technique to pack the distance between the opponent is rich, before or launch a surprise jump or "flying squirrel of dance" (before the jump P + K), 66PK, let's take a closer at once, etc. 66KK. Since 66PK is a technique floated, then you aim aerial combo if caused to hit, 66KK that can be a partner in a critical state, because the last can be canceled in a deathblow, or aimed at the critical continuity, "heat haze of dance" (214P + K ) to also be directly connected in that aim the aerial combo. From the somewhat remote location, 1P and 1KPP, let's take advantage of even 2H + K, such as lower attack. Especially 1P has a long reach to use the fan, and to is faster out of tricks, of when to hit the trick, I recommend this chance is also small.

Semekomu where the opponent get up "occurred Trombone" is recommended 8H + K that can attack while avoiding the lower. Be if guard, it is safe because it is "guard break" attribute. It is also recommended to turn in before the jump on the back of the opponent. Exactly what can happen Trombone such as 2D fighting game!

● For combo

First of all, I will teach you the tricks that can be used to to continue the critical state of the opponent. Upper recommended is 4P capable deathblow cancellation. In addition to targeting the critical continuity, let's aim aerial combo from "heat haze of dance" (214P + K). Middle P, the grace period is long 3P, middle K after that was allowed to continue is good to connect and to hit the opponent is no longer able to hold on one's rear end 6H + K. And after that was allowed to continue the critical, "critical burst" (P + K) or, let's aimed at the air combo in the art of floating the opponent in the air. Floating technique is, the upper part of 8K, the middle P of 3P + K, the middle K of H + K, and "heat haze of dance" in the middle P (214P + K) is recommended.

In the case of the low float, 6PP Cancel "deadly Shinobuhachi" (236 + K) is recommended. Stable and it will be in the air combo in any float condition. In the case of high float, it is recommended 3PP → 6PKP is stable. In addition, since the 3PP is us to re-floated the opponent out automatically "Ryuen dance" and a variety of combo Aim. It does not enter not to be a high floating condition, but such 3PP → H + P, you can also incorporate a throw aerial combo. Among the unfamiliar, I think that I if out 6PP Cancel "deadly Shinobuhachi" (236 + K) for now. It should be noted that the people that it is difficult to cancel, the Buchikomu the PPPP is handy.

● If you have any circumstances fit, by all means to Roketesuto target store!

What did you think? Special part of cancellation input will is there, but, if people who are familiar with the 2D fighting game, I think that it can be handled without difficulty. In addition, the gap is the middle attacks and lower attack is rich and less, because the combo also simple, is the character of also recommended for beginners. Firepower of the combo is hard impression that a little bit out, but there is a cover in trouble! So, I brought to you by the capture of Mai Shiranui. Remember this, please try to take advantage of all means to play against!

THANK GOD!! She's recommended for beginners so she's easy to play!!♡♡♡♡ And hahahahahahaha! Looks like I was right in how her jump is handled! ;-D

Last edited:

LarsMasters

I knew it. Since she's from 2D fighting game, she retain some of the mechanics like Special Cancels & Jump Attacks. Look at Street Fighter's Akuma in Tekken 7 for example, but i dunno if Mai also retain a super/ex gauge.

BTW, wasn't there Maximum Impact series, which has a command attack combo chain before Mai is in DOA5LR?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I knew it. Since she's from 2D fighting game, she retain some of the mechanics like Special Cancels & Jump Attacks. Look at Street Fighter's Akuma in Tekken 7 for example, but i dunno if Mai also retain a super/ex gauge.

BTW, wasn't there Maximum Impact series, which has a command attack combo chain before Mai is in DOA5LR?
She already has that in KOFXIV, just press the square button multiple times and she'll chain.

Shiranui

Yes, in MI she had some strings with punches and kicks to combo.

So, she has Kachousen, Ryuuenbu, Hisatsu Shinobi Bachi, Musasabi no Mai, Chou Histatsu Shinobi and Kagero no Mai. But what is that picture she is making explode Honoka? It seems to be her super she had in FF Wild Ambition, so I suppose is her Power Blow... Does that mean her Kagero no Mai and Chou Hisatsu Shinobi Bachi are regular moves? Wow.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
DB Wins again @GreatDarkHero @Shiranui @HHH816 @KasumiLover69 -

Now for the next trick, Mai prediction roughly mid September. Late night download September 12 on a Monday. PSN will have issues on a Sunday because of 9/11 as my prediction, so as an apology and remembering 9/11 (just like last year) - they will perform a flash sale and a early day of Tuesday downloads for NA.

You are welcome.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Spacer? From what I can understand, she seems solid at close range and weak at a distance but if she's a spacer, than I'm definitely gonna like her! I can't make anything for her unfortunately if I do learn her and want to share, but I'll spend time in the lab at least for myself so I can know her ins and out thoroughly regardless.

@DestructionBomb and yeah, you won! XD Your prediction was 100% spot on! :-D

Shiranui

That's sounds flashy! Let's hope your perdiction become true :)

I correct myself. Her Wild Ambition super attack (famitsu picture nº4) is her cliffhanger, not her Power Blow. So I guess as Power Blow she has her traditional Chou Hisatsu. Now i wonder what's her Power Launcher.

Spacer? From what I can understand, she seems solid at close range and weak at a distance but if she's a spacer, than I'm definitely gonna like her! I can't make anything for her unfortunately if I do learn her and want to share, but I'll spend time in the lab at least for myself so I can know her ins and out thoroughly regardless.
From what i understood she's good in close range but also in distance (because her projectile? not sure). Looks like she is weak in mid range.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
However I am rather curious because Team NINJA DLCs are JPN related in a way. The early Tuesday to Monday downloads were a lot of NA content (American companies like Infinity Ward, Rockstar etc). Perhaps it would be possible for Team NINJA to give us the update on a Saturday and download Mai on a Monday night?

Not sure, my gut is telling me yes. She is just now starting to get tested in SEGA's Akihabara building 1 right now as we speak.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD