DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5LR Discussion - Guest from FF/KOF series

P2p1mbs

Anyone else think TN would make it so that Mai's boobs will bounce even if you have boob bounce disabled?

John P.

There definitely gonna have more characters. The next title update will be Dead or Alive 5 &Knuckles

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
So is that a yes or no to my question?
They're not gonna leave it on, they can't otherwise that's dishonesty to the strange people who actually turn off breast physics. Mai has sprites from other games I believe where she had no jiggle so this won't be a first for her. I can guarantee that she'll jiggle quite a bit regardless of what setting is chosen, so SJW and anti-fanservice type players will have to just deal.

Last edited:

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I dont mind jiggle just as long as they don't sag around like in XIII I'll be good.
This I agree with.

@Brute I really hate to bother you about this, but is there a way that you can move this discussion over towards the Mai character discussion threads? Or, do should we just organize another thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Yeah, Mai Shiranui looks much more mature in this game due to her DOA5's character model. I'm sure this has already been said.

relying soley on DLC and guest characters to milk DOA5 for all its worth won't keep most people playing especially with Tekken 7 coming out early next year
Pretty much this. TN might have to do more than just costumes to keep people like me in when T7 hits.

Not exactly lazy when Naotora doesn't have much of a moveset in SW to begin with(and to be fair, most of them really don't)
To be fair, Nao wasn't really that great of a character choice. They could have came up with better ideas.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah.... I'm really bored with DOA now and I'm already hopping to other games(like KOFXIV), So unless they can do something interesting with Mai or whatever with the game around T7s release I will be gone for a while.

Saying that, I enjoyed Mai in KOF so, here's hoping she'll be as interesting in DOA. I hope to pick her up.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
All I have to say is, just remember that KOF gameplay is vastly different than 3D format from DOA. She may have similar moves in KOF but it doesn't mean she'll play exactly like her KOF counterpart. She'll be the first 2D character in DOA to have built in frame data from basic modelling.

Don't be surprised if you can play her in KOF but not in DOA (or vice-versa). Not saying you guys can't of course by all means go for it, but things don't work that easily when they pick up the character because they tried them in another game. I wouldn't get hopes up too much.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hence why I'm using words lije hopefully and try, I know full well it'll be different. I'm mostly just interested, which is more than I was when she was announced which I couldn't care less.

Actually playing her in her home game was just to see if I'd be interested at all.

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
I think she'll be like Akuma in Tekken 7 play wise, quick and speedy but easy to sidestep unless TN gives her some modified tracking moves. Not tracking won't be anything new since Kokoro for example is very bad at it and only has that H+K and any strings that have that in them to nail SS opponents.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I mean see, just because a character doesn't have much tracking doesn't automatically mean it's super dangerous for the character or easy to deal with. Akira is on the same boat as Kokoro or any linear character but he has incredible neutral to make up for it and the fact that sidestepping is from a read which is a guess from the opponent, unless the player is putting himself out there to be predictable to get stepped or making itself too obvious.

DOA is one of the first few games where you'll still live for sidestepping one move since most SS attacks put you in a stun that still allows you to have time for holding and staggering out (with a few here and there that wall splats). VF you could lose over 31% health because some SS attacks wallsplat there and you can't do anything about it until that person finishes his combo. I mean, if Mai was a character with no move that tracks (which I doubt), I still don't think it will be the end of the world for the character because there has to be some reward factor for being linear to begin with.

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
I mean see, just because a character doesn't have much tracking doesn't automatically mean it's super dangerous for the character or easy to deal with. Akira is on the same boat as Kokoro or any linear character but he has incredible neutral to make up for it and the fact that sidestepping is from a read which is a guess from the opponent, unless the player is putting himself out there to be predictable to get stepped or making itself too obvious.

DOA is one of the first few games where you'll still live for sidestepping one move since most SS attacks put you in a stun that still allows you to have time for holding and staggering out (with a few here and there that wall splats). VF you could lose over 31% health because some SS attacks wallsplat there and you can't do anything about it until that person finishes his combo. I mean, if Mai was a character with no move that tracks (which I doubt), I still don't think it will be the end of the world for the character because there has to be some reward factor for being linear to begin with.
I know, Kokoro is still dangerous for example without good tracking, and she's annoying when played right. Lili in tekken also is 80% two dimensional and linear but has one of the best oki games and sidesteps in the game, coupled with her damage output and juggle potential, same is also applicable to Naotora on the linearity and predictability scale: very easy to read and interrupt but has great damage output, throw punishment and jiggle potential if that player doesn't allow her to get predictable. I'm sure she'll be well established when we see game footage of her, but I honestly won't be surprised if she does have a small weakness regarding tracking since she's coming from a 2D game, but only time can tell.

TRI Mike

Welp Honoka and Naotora ended up nice so I honestly don't have any reason to doubt Mai will be different. I'll get her for sure though maybe won't use her as much as my mains.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD