[Mar 20, 2015] Sakura Fight Festa 2015 (London)

Hurricane Rev

portal-site.png

http://www.sakurafightfesta.co.uk/- Sign up here! All info and rules are also here!
http://sakurafightfesta.co.uk/forum/- Please head to our forum for questions or discuss the event or post here.

============================================================================
Sakura Fight Festa is a Fighting game tournament based in London completely dedicated to Japanese Fighting games! We believe that these fighters all deserve the spotlight and will do our best to promote the communities that play and are loyal to their games!
============================================================================

Over the span of 3 days, the following Games will be played:

Games List

1. [ 64 Player Limit ] Blazblue Chronophantasma (PS3)
2. [ 64 Player Limit ] Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3)
3. [ 32 Player Limit ] Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (PS3)
4. [ 32 Player Limit ] Under Night In-birth Exe:late (PS3)
5. [ 32 Player Limit ] Persona 4 Arena 2 (PS3)
6. [ 32 Player Limit ] Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code (PC)
7. [ 32 Player Limit ] Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS3)
8. [ 32 Player Limit ] Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (Xbox 360)
9. [ 32 Player Limit ] Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)

Location: Bolney Meadow Community Center, 31 Bolney Street, SW8 1EZ Vauxhall London, England UK
Dates: 20th - 22th of March 2015
Venue Fee: £15 for a 3 days advance signup, 20 pound for the 3 days on the door. (Even if you arrive sunday
clip_image001.gif
)
Tournament Entry Fee: £5
Nearest Tube Station: Vauxhall (Victoria Line/National Rail, Zone 2) and Stockwell (Victoria Line/Northern Line Zone 2)

Tournament Format
  • Double Elimination
  • Each set is FT2 to win the set, Finals will be FT3
Venue Rules:
  • You must be aged 16 or above. No alcohol/drugs/illegal substances, any found will mean ejection from the venue and possible banning of future events.
  • No fighting at the venue, any fighting is a bannable offense, if there is a problem please contact a member of staff first.
  • Any weaponry brought to the venue will result in immediate calls to the police. Any controllers and sticks are your own responsibility; we will not look after any at any time.
  • Do not touch any of the consoles unless you are plugging in your stick or controller.
  • Please make sure you have your wrist band at all times. Staff will periodically check if you have your wristband with you For venue entry, please print off your PayPal receipt and a symbol of identification (Driver's Licence, Passport, ID Card) to get your wristband.
If anything has happened to your wristband, please bring the old one to get a new one at the front desk, explaining why this occurred

Tournament Rules:
  • If you are not at your designated spot when your game is called, there is a countdown of 2 minutes - If you are not there, you will be disqualified. If you have another game to play, please let your respective games judge know so they can start another match. If you need to go toilet, please let the member of staff know that is taking your side of the bracket so there is no confusion.
  • If there is a pause or controller disconnect while the game is active, then the offending player forfeits that round.
  • Notify when you are going for a button check so there is no confusion. Buttons checks MUST be performed before the match starts and is the responsibility of the player.
  • Chronos converters are banned
  • No Turbo controllers
  • No Wireless Pads. This includes the Dualshock 3 and Xbox 360 wireless pad. (Due to the liability of people pressing home button during other people's matches)

If you have interest of going to the event please post here, go to our forums, OR contact @FROSTYBOLTY via Twitter, and please state the games you'll be interested in playing also.

Notes (PLEASE READ)
  • Participant Limit -There is a limited number of allocated spots and those who pay 1st will get priority over those who haven't. So pay early and guarantee your spot in the tournament!
  • Venue- The venue is the SAME as Revolution
  • Catering- One of the big issues we had was that people had to walk quite a distance...for some water. We will be sorting this out by selling stuff at the venue! Cans of Coke, Water, 7UP, etc. Will be keeping the costs to a minimum so like 60p a can but we will keep you informed about it. Please suggest some drinks that you want to see, we will try to get them including hot drinks like GREEN TEA! Also due to the food around the area not being to a decent standard, there is a possibility of food being provided at the Venue itself. If you are interested, and would like this service, please post your interest below or at our forums.
  • HypeMeter Removal- Yeah err...we're working on that. The council and the owners of the venue have said we are ALLOWED to turn it off....we just need to figure out how
  • Raffle- MAAAAYYYYBEEEEEE
  • Travel- If you fly in from Stanstead you can get into London from anywhere between £2 to £15 ONE WAY. If you get in at Heathrow you can get into Central London for about £5. You MUST get an Oyster or you are gonna get ripped off in London, hope you kept it from last Revolution!
  • Contact- You can ask questions at our forumhttp://sakurafightfesta.co.uk/forum/. Alternately you can contact us on Twitter: @FROSTYBOLTY, @Rayokarna or @Firei_uk. Also you should follow@NthGenIfor twitter updates. Email contact is nthgeninteractive@hotmail.co.uk
Here is a picture taken at the end of Revolution 2014 - Don't we look happy
clip_image002.gif
. Here's looking forward to meeting you all!
10434028_10153352205620031_6805495517276398639_n.jpg

Here's the trailer for the event!

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
yeah I spent too much money last year on travel .. I don't think I can afford any tournaments for a while .. maybe second half of 2015?..

Hurricane Rev

TURN UP! I get 1 month to train Zack before this event! This time, I'm coming. I promise.

Awesome!!! I'm glad to hear that you will be going to it and I'm looking forward to seeing you there :)

yeah I spent too much money last year on travel .. I don't think I can afford any tournaments for a while .. maybe second half of 2015?..

I don't want to say too much but I've got something planned on what I want to do late next year! ;)

Gehaktbal

I am thinking about coming.
But i would like to know:
- how many players already have registered?
- what's the prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd?
- and just out of curiosity, why PS3 !?

Hurricane Rev

I am thinking about coming.
But i would like to know:
- how many players already have registered?
- what's the prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd?
- and just out of curiosity, why PS3 !?

1) According to the website, there's only 2 players that has signed up to tournament. I'm hoping that more players will start signing up to it. Its only 2 months left for it.

2) I'm not sure about the prizes for the event but I may have some stuffs up my sleeve ;)

3 ) The tournament organisers of the event mainly got PS3s but I will try to get this game on Next Gen at this event.

Firei

@Gehaktbal - I'll just elaborate on what Rev said.

-This is the current player list - http://www.sakurafightfesta.co.uk/?page_id=185. Obviously, DOA5 is a bit lacking right now, but with the right push from your community, I'm sure you can make as impressive numbers as the others for DOA5 :).

-We're trying to secure prizes from various companies, so there is a possibility of prizes and a raffle. If you're referring to the winnings for tournament, the Pot will be split 60%, 30%, 10%, for 1st,2nd, 3rd place respectively, so the more people you bring, the bigger the pot!

- Obviously, PS4's are expensive right now and majority of the TO's and other communities don't have ps4's, so we're gonna go with something that we're guaranteed to have (which are PS3's). IF, however, your community can provide the ps4's between you, say 3-4 setups, then we have no problem running the tournaments on PS4's. If you are going to bring said setups as well, please contact me or Rev and we'll see what we can sort out. That being said, any setup is more then welcome and appreciated (esp monitors)

Anyways, hopefully that's clarified a few things for you :).

On a side note, if anyone hasn't made up their mind yet, HERE'S THE TRAILER!

@Hurricane Rev. Could you update the main post with this trailer link? Cheers man. I'll also talk to you in about a months time to talk about arrangements for the tournament!

JDSILVA

I very much would like to come and still intend to but only if a few more players plan to go, about 5 of us is enough for me to justify making the trip. Can you confirm any other players that will come but have yet to sign up?

Firei

@JDSILVA - I can only confirm about 2 people at the moment. Hopefully, with last round just coming out, it'll help drum up interest for the event so numbers should get a lot better, but ultimately, it is up to the DOA community to get the numbers required and make the event worth it. DOA hardly gets Events/enough limelight as it is, and that's something only the players can remedy. So I say come along anyway, play some Good games and show what your community is made of :)

This the current player list if you're interested - http://www.sakurafightfesta.co.uk/?page_id=185

@Hurricane Rev - Hit me up on Skype when u can man. Event prep details etc etc

Hurricane Rev

There has been some news on the DOA5 tournament at this event. Its now £15 for entry into the venue + entering the tournament.........

DoA5LR-Poster-v1.png

"So with the help of Koei Tecmo Europe, we have a special promotion for DoA5LR players!
Instead of £15 for the 3 days and £5 for the Tournament
We are doing £15 for both! If you play Dead or Alive 5 and you are able to get down, this is a great opportunity to find other players and play games in an offline enviroment! Sign-ups will open on Wednesday, look for the Special Dead or Alive 5 item. It has a nice gold border, shouldn’t miss it
However this only applies if you are entering Dead or Alive 5 ONLY. If you plan to play other games as well, please get the normal Weekend Pass for the Event."

Source: http://www.sakurafightfesta.co.uk/

So now that the price has gone down for this event, you should take advantage of this offer and make it to this event. It will be the first ever tournament for DOA5LR in the UK and In Europe!!

CheekyChi

I heard about this event here and wanted to go. But then saw it was for PS3.... What happens if not enough people turn up?

Hurricane Rev

I heard about this event here and wanted to go. But then saw it was for PS3.... What happens if not enough people turn up?

What console was you hoping the game will be on? The organisers of the event mostly have PS3s but I might be able to do the tournament on PS4. I will confirm that when I can.

As for what happens if not enough people turn up, the tournament might get cancelled or do the tournament in a different format or maybe something else.

CheekyChi

I have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One. No PS3/4 controllers (I find PS controllers horrible to use).

They shouldn't cancel it, they should just do a round robin. That way, everyone gets to fight. I think events should just rotate consoles every year so that they're not locked onto one particular console.

Firei

If there are fewer players, we're going to do a Round robin format instead so everyone gets a decent amount of games, but signups are picking up so we may not need to.

@CheekyChi You can still use a xbox 360 controller if you get a xbox-to-ps3 converter of some kind like this one : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Adapter-Xbox360-PS3-PS2/dp/B0089OBLDO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425346128&sr=8-1&keywords=360 to ps3

Note that your pad will still need to be a xbox 360 wired pad since there are xbox 360s in the venue too.

Last edited:

CheekyChi

I've just asked my brother in law of I could borrow his ps3 controller and I can. But he said the cable can be detached... That makes it wireless and banned from the tournament right?

Firei

Yeah the PS3 Dualshock/Sixaxis is banned due to it being able to interrupt matches & not de-synching properly.

Substitutes for this are a PS4 Pad (since there is no home button), PS2 wired pad via converter, or xbox 360 wired pad controller via converter (which seems like a better option due to your controller preference)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD