[Mar 29, 2013] FINAL ROUND 16 (Atlanta, GA)

ShinBlanka

FINAL ROUND XVI

Atlanta, Ga.
Friday, March 29, 2013 -- Sunday, March 31, 2013

The 16th installment of FINAL ROUND is back and better than ever! Thank you to EVERYONE that attended FRXV in making it the biggest Fighting Game Tournament on the East Coast with over 1500+ competitors from around the world competing to be the best in their favorite games. With Japan shocking the world with FinalRoundbats season #2 champion Kusoru "Ageo Joe" winning UMVC3 at FRXV on American soil with his V.Joe, Frank West, Rocket Racoon team made for high drama! What surprise's will happen at this years event? We hope that everyone that attended FRXV will come back and bring 5 friends with them. The location of the event is as followed:

1031 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30354

$93 per night for the double bed room under the Final Round discounted group rate.

Yes we are happy to return to the Hilton near the airport for FRXVI. Players that fly to FRXVI will be a 3 minute shuttle ride from the venue. There's a FREE 24 hour shuttle from the Airport to the tournament venue so no expensive cab rides from the airport this year. This location also has plenty of places to eat inside the venue and around the venue and it is PET FRIENDLY for you guys that bring your pets to the tournament.

This year we'll be using the EVO/UFGT pool system (16 man brackets per pool, double elim) for all tournaments at FRXVI to complete the tournament in a timely manner. At this moment the games that are confirmed for now as Official events for FRXVI are the following:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Street Fighter 4 AE v.2012
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Persona 4 Arena
SOULCALIBURV
King Of Fighters 13
Dead Or Alive 5
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
Mortal Kombat 9

Of course other games in the FGC will be added to FRXVI, so please stay tuned to www.finalround.org to get the full details/updates to the tournament roster. Also keep an eye out for promotional trailers and early bird registration coming soon! If you can't attend FINAL ROUND XVI then please watch our live streams all three days on the following stream channels:

Team Spooky-- http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
Finalroundbats-- http://www.twitch.tv/finalroundbats/

Early Bird Online Registration for FINAL ROUND 16 is now Live at
http://www.finalround.org/
Don't miss out on the HYPE that is #FR16. There will be more info/updates coming soon, so get hype for the longest running event on the east coast!

ShinBlanka

ShinBlanka

i'm glad to see some feedback and I hope you guys can attend and bring all of your friends that play with you.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm considering making the trip. Don't think I have anything planned for the first quarter next year.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm looking into making it or not. I will have to wait until the start of the new year though.
Pretty much this, only I may not finalize anything until February. I get a significant amount of paid time off, but I didn't budget it well this year and want to avoid the mistake next year.

ShinBlanka

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Let's see what I can come between now & March as far as my schedule goes. Other than that, let's do this.

Edit: Already made plans for Winter Brawl too.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Count me in. Shouln't cost me as that what Winter Brawl will since I live 3hrs away & nothing should be in the way. So yes I'm there.

ShinBlanka

If you haven't reserved your hotel room under the FINAL ROUND group please goto the following link to secure your room during FR 16 at:

https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=9735526

The Hilton @ Atlanta Airport has a inside heated pool, a nice resturant, a full Sports bar, coffee spot, and a barbershop in the hotel for FR16. So if players want to get a nice hair cut before they step on to the top 8 stage they can get it done in the hotel! What event can you get a hair cut at inside the venue?!?!?!?!? None that i've heard of, but that's one of the things you can enjoy while being at the venue for FR16 besides the event itself.

Don't wait too late to get your rooms because they are starting to go quickly. You don't want to have to search for a hotel last minute and have to get up earlier just to walk or ride a cab to the tournament venue because all the rooms are sold out? Of course you don't, so get your rooms today! See you guys in 104 days! HYPE!

ShinBlanka

Hey Shinblanka,

Utah crew will be up here for third year straight. Always a lovely time. Is this the same ballroom as 2011 or did you get a bigger one? After least year, you guys are gonna need a lot of space. This is one of the best tourneys to go to folks. . .can't wait to see who comes from Japan for Tekken, Marvel, and SF4. See ya soon.

had

Yes this is the same venue we had in 2011, but we'll have 2 other ballrooms in that same area to equal 12,000 sqft in total tournament area space. It's always good to have Utahs best come to the EC and compete in FR16. There's some more news to come for FR16 in the up coming weeks so stay tuned! With last year event having 400+ in ssf4 and umvc3 we are planning for 512 in each of those games and at least 300 players in TTT2. That's why we have to goto the keits/Evo 16 man pool system for FR16 to control the crowds and run things on time. Our goal is to complete everything on time this year, so people will have more time to enjoy the event and the city.

Online registration is the key to getting everything done in a timely manner. We urge everyone register online for their badges and games asap, so we can properly make the pools in advance and post them 3-7 days prior to the event date. If you do the emergency registration at the door you'll only have a 4 hour window on thursday evening (7pm-11pm) and friday morning (8am-12noon) to register for tournaments during the event and you WILL NOT BE SEEDED IN ANYWAY! You'll be placed in the 1st available spot in the pools and no effort will be used to seed you by skill level or by city/state. Door registration is one of the main reasons why any event start late IMO. I was going to eliminate at the door registration at this event, but I do understand that it's hard out there these days and sometimes people don't have the money to attend until the last minute.

IF that happens and your only option is to sign up at the event at least you have a chance to compete, but we will not remake/reseed the brackets/pools for anyone that signs up late. The pools will start on time. We can't hold up the pools to reseed them for those that didn't register online. So we at FINAL ROUND are asking everyone that seriously plan to attend FR16 to use the online registration to help us run a smooth event. It not only helps us make the pools well in advance, but it's also cheaper to sign up online than at the door. (online reg = $40 and at the door emergency reg = $50) We hope to see everyone that came last year at FR16. Thank you guys for your continued support and i'll see you in March!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD