[Mar 29, 2013] FINAL ROUND 16 (Atlanta, GA)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
@ShinBlanka

What time is the DOA5 event? You did not post times in the thread. I just booked a ticket which gets me there Friday night at 11:30pm, but I hear now that DOA is at 1PM on Friday? Is this true?

I'm worried that other players will make the same mistake, not only DOA players but other FGC players as well.

ShinBlanka

http://www.finalround.org/schedule.cfm
Here's the schedule page for FR16. DOA5 will be on Sat, March 30. If anyone can't make it to the event until late friday or very early sat I would advise you to take advatage of the online registration. After 12 noon on friday, March 29 on site emergency registration will be closed! If you pay online you can pick up your badge late friday or early sat before the events start. Online registration is the key to making everything flow smoothly. The sooner people register online the sooner we can make pools! We can't wait to see everyone competing at FR16! More news is coming soon for FR16!

We at FINAL ROUND are looking for volunteer's for doa5 tournament. Anyone in the doa community that would be willing to help run pools that would be great. We would like volunteers of the games they play, so they will A.) know some of the top players to send to the streams. B.) they know some of the players period to get for matches going quicker. We plan to have atleast 8 systems for DOA5, so that's at least 4 pools of 16 running at the same time in a 2 hour time slot.

With that we could have an 64 man bracket down to top 8 in 3 hours at the max! If you want to volunteer please goto the following link and fill out the info.

http://www.finalround.org/volunteer.cfm

It's going to ask you to say something breif about you and what you have do. (aka if you've helped run tournament or brackets before) If you want to help with doa5 then please state that in that section. We only need 4 people and we hope they are only going to play in doa5, so if we get over 64 man bracket that you guys could possibly run 2 pools at the max. This pool model will work perfect if we have around 50-60 people. If we have more than we would add more pools, but we would prolly need 40 more people. The systems wouldn't change, but we would stagger the pools in different times. So pools 1-4 would start at 10am, and pools 5-8 would start at 2pm if we got closer to 128 man bracket. Of course the brackets would be broken down into 16 man pools.

ok I edited the event dates on this site. I hope that works and i'm sorry for the confusion. FINAL ROUND 16 is a 3 day event and DOA5 will start on sat, march 30, 2013.

ShinBlanka

I really want to try the EVO pool system and run this event as quick as possible so everyone can enjoy the event.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not unless it would be difficult to have her available on all stations. We haven't banned her yet for any other reason and most recently she wasn't at NEC.

lopedo

No, don't ban Alpha. There is no reason to ban Alpha. Banning Alpha will make me question attending on principle alone. She is in no way, shape or form unbalanced.

lopedo

There are a lot of people that will tell you it is needed. Beware of who you listen to if you aren't familiar with this community,myself included of course.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Alpha is not banned, no character is.

Again, that's assuming "at this time" and that something game breaking hasn't happened after v1.03 patch. But for now, no she's not banned.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No word from TN. I'd presume this month due to IPL revving up and Shimbori stating the patch was near completion a week ago.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD