Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca Beam

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIDE9upGbmQ
Uh ... pretty good player, I guess.
At 0:12, she immediately pulled off a hold after being stunned. Is this just the Pai player's fault or are holds still stronk?

Cylith

Though admittedly, if TN turned around and was like "Aoi Umenokoji is also going to be added as a playable character!" I would probably throw Marie Rose in the bin for some true Aikijutsu... buuut that's just me.
Yes, yes, YES!!! Aoi deserves to be in this game since she is practically the only VF character that had a similar counter system. This is in no way me wanting my main from VF to be in DOA so I can actually find people to play online with.

On topic, Marie Rose disappoints me. I wanted ACTUAL Systema, not PARTIAL Systema. Having it in the holds/throws only is as bad as Momiji being "Aikijutsu" when it is only in her throw/holds. Which Aoi is a master of...........Aikijutsu,,,,,

Blazeincarnated

Yes, yes, YES!!! Aoi deserves to be in this game since she is practically the only VF character that had a similar counter system. This is in no way me wanting my main from VF to be in DOA so I can actually find people to play online with.

On topic, Marie Rose disappoints me. I wanted ACTUAL Systema, not PARTIAL Systema. Having it in the holds/throws only is as bad as Momiji being "Aikijutsu" when it is only in her throw/holds. Which Aoi is a master of...........Aikijutsu,,,,,
*clears throat* You mean Aikido?

Macca Beam

Whether it matches real-life Systema or not doesn't really matter. In the end all you'll be doing is:
- push button
- opponent gets hurt
- #YOMI #FRAMEADVANTAGES #somefightinggametechnicalterm

Adamleelight

Dunno if this was posted.

Fighters! We see that you've discovered our newest character, Marie Rose for the upcoming Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade. Although this game is a JP exclusive title, we haven't forgotten about our overseas fighters in the West.
We hope to provide you guys with more information in the near future. But in the meantime, we appreciate your continued support for DOA5 Ultimate. Thanks fighters!

Kronin

Fighters! We see that you've discovered our newest character, Marie Rose for the upcoming Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade. Although this game is a JP exclusive title, we haven't forgotten about our overseas fighters in the West.
We hope to provide you guys with more information in the near future. But in the meantime, we appreciate your continued support for DOA5 Ultimate. Thanks fighters!

What is the source?

FatalxInnocence

This doesn't really tell us anything. However "Although this game is a JP exclusive title" kind of rules out there being a new version of the game. That's always something, right?

Other than that, I get mixed messages from the statement we're left with. Oh well, guess it's a wait and see matter.

GLoRToR

"Loli" seriously disturbs me
Me too. Let's be serious here; that shit's foul.

it's worth waiting and seeing how this plays out but I don't think it's looking good.
I think it's to be taken as a joke to begin with. People have been bitching about boob gravity. Here you go!

"I'm an innocent little girl. Don't do sex stuff to me." That shit gets to me, man.
Agreed.

I'll applaud Team Ninja if they break their grievous track record on their gross characterization of women but I don't think "Mary"'s going to be the one to do that.
One thing i do not agree with is the portrayal of women. Tina's jap voice does make me bang my head on the desk. The american voice actress does epic justice to her attitude. As in wrestler showgirl.
While there is a sexualisation in the entire game (males too!), do admit that it sells.

Bottom line is, as long as these women kick ass and most of them are higher tier than the men to begin with, I'm not going to file objectification complaints. They just use their assets to their advantage.
PS: Leixia in SC5 annoys me WAY more. And I main her, with a CaS of my own rpg character.

TRI Mike

You were the last person I was expecting to take an interest in the character.

But who am I to talk? I'm picking up Mila for the sake of playing tag. No one was expecting that either.

See¿ I'm not that bad.

Honestly speaking I like my animated boobs as much as the next geek. It's just not the most important thing in the game anymore.

TRI Mike

I'm not lying man.

Now, I think their FB message only means they'll soon announce her officially for consoles along with whatever the hell they add.... like more bikinis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD