Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OolongTea

CV: Mai Aizawa

It's appearance looked like servants, but the little girl identity is shrouded in mystery.
Contrary to the outfits pretty small in stature, I master the art army fighting "systematic".
Exactly is truth hidden in the bottom of a small smile demonic that ...?

Fighting Style:
I emphasis on fluid behavior is not fixed the "ready",
Army fighting art of Russia.
From that state weakness characteristic, to neutralize the opponent's attack
As well as behavior, is a tricky technique that takes advantage of the small body
Paid out.

Nationality
Sweden

Sex
Woman

School
Systema

Birthday
June 6

Blood type
AB type

Height and weight
147cm/39kg

Three sizes
B74/W56/H78

Occupation
Servant

Favorite food
Princess Berkel security

Hobby
Sewing, watching movies horror

Thanks to Kodachi.

MOVELIST: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/img/chara/pdf/mary.pdf

newchar.jpg

Img thanks to SilverForte, xFatalDMG and Kayin Amoh!

Moar videos posted in this thread:

http://youtu.be/YJ_WgrWMI0Q
http://youtu.be/ZO-5n4-b45I
http://youtu.be/qKyt8jBOEx4

Last edited:

d3v

Why the hell hasn't anyone scanned the Famitsu issue in question. Even if there aren't any pictures, seeing the actual Japanese text and getting it translated properly can help in confirming the details of this.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Why the hell hasn't anyone scanned the Famitsu issue in question. Even if there aren't any pictures, seeing the actual Japanese text and getting it translated properly can help in confirming the details of this.
Dunno why anyone didn't do it yet :/

Kronin

Ah, sweet. An original character. Hope she doesn't have the moves of some older fellas. Might get blasted by a tengu acting mecha girl... OR when I come to think about it that would work out.

I don't think so... it's never been a mistery that for licence reasons Spartan 458/Nicole would never have appeared in other games after DoA4. Team Ninja knew it well, and for saving his fighting style in DoA Dimesions he attributed part of it to Genra, ending to become definitely the style of Rachel in DoA5U (that IMO is perfect for her judging by like she fight in NG). Even if Tengu will not appear in this game, after Alpha-152 he reamin always the boss with more chances for a return in a future game; more it's really hard to replicate his style, overall not with a girl that I suppose will have a complete different body from him.

Crext

Standard Donor
I don't think so... it's really hard to replicate his style, overall not with a girl that I suppose will have a complete different body from him.

True, it is all a part of... *drums*... SPECULATION TIME!

Kronin

True, it is all a part of... *drums*... SPECULATION TIME!

Well, I don't think that it's really possible to realize her appearance, nationality or other, seeing that she will not have a role in the story. So I think that we should focus themselves on her fighting style, just for playing.

With the exception of Tengu style, there is no other martial art left out from the previous DoA games (Kasumi alpha was integrated in Kasumi, Shiden was integrated in Hayate, Gen-Ra was partially integrated in Rachel and Raidou is for the most a mix of the 8 original DoA fighters).

So what was the fighting style more requested by the fans to Team Ninja? I remember that before DoA5 many players asked for Taekwondo and Boxing (Mila original style, but TN realized like a similar character wouldn't have worked in DoA, changing her in a MMA fighter). So seems that TN really listed these requests and it's possible that could have done the same also now.

PS: Personally I would love a Judoka... (but I never asked it to TN)

Dacthunder

What would be really cool is if she comes with a brand new level never before seen or even the level inside the subway train where Lei Fang and Jann Lee fighting in story mode, she's revealed sitting in there.

Crext

Standard Donor
Well, you have plenty of options.

There are many fighting styles we don't have, though they may have elements of the different types.

Taiboxing, Brazillian Jijitsu, Krav Maga, Glima, and the list goes on.

But ye, from the fighters already out there they probably have stolen most of the moves from all of these already. I mean it is difficult to come up with something completely new from real life when most of the martial arts out there simply throws in 1-2 signature moves, steals everything from something else, and brand it as a national heritage. It is hard to reinvent the punch after all.

On the other side, this is DoA universe, where things like ninjutsu, "secret arts" and human constructed devices exists. There could be other "ninja tribes" from the Ninja Gaiden universe or another creation by the dark corners of doatec. Also we are dealing with superhuman strength, speed, dexterity, agility and cunning here, meaning that you could use pretty much every type of "none combat approaches" like slaps (Ayane), fingertips (Christie) or joints (None?) as attack points as they normally wouldn't do much damage at increased speed and strength they could.

That said, their biggest challenge in my view is to add personality. What has made DoA great is that they've managed to make every character unique with a behavior different from each other, yet that fits the collective. At the same time you have to consider the overall environment you want to sell to the audience. The "bad guys" (Summed up in Christie and Rig at this point) got class and mystique. If you suddenly throw in some over the top sadistic or mentally unstable person it might take focus away from the fighting spirit between worthy individuals, with different ideals, and be replaced it with fending off monsters. That would be a degenerating turn for intellectual storytelling of the series, even if you get diversity. Then again, if done correctly it might work out. I don't know, it is all in TN hands.

I'm hoping to get positively surprised, and knowing TN I suspect I will.

What would be really cool is if she comes with a brand new level never before seen or even the level inside the subway train where Lei Fang and Jann Lee fighting in story mode, she's revealed sitting in there.

Haha, and if you kick them out a window they end up at the urban rooftop stage? :cool:

Dacthunder

Well, you have plenty of options.

There are many fighting styles we don't have, though they may have elements of the different types.

Taiboxing, Brazillian Jijitsu, Krav Maga, Glima, and the list goes on.

But ye, from the fighters already out there they probably have stolen most of the moves from all of these already. I mean it is difficult to come up with something completely new from real life when most of the martial arts out there simply throws in 1-2 signature moves, steals everything from something else, and brand it as a national heritage. It is hard to reinvent the punch after all.

On the other side, this is DoA universe, where things like ninjutsu, "secret arts" and human constructed devices exists. There could be other "ninja tribes" from the Ninja Gaiden universe or another creation by the dark corners of doatec. Also we are dealing with superhuman strength, speed, dexterity, agility and cunning here, meaning that you could use pretty much every type of "none combat approaches" like slaps (Ayane), fingertips (Christie) or joints (None?) as attack points as they normally wouldn't do much damage at increased speed and strength they could.

That said, their biggest challenge in my view is to add personality. What has made DoA great is that they've managed to make every character unique with a behavior different from each other, yet that fits the collective. At the same time you have to consider the overall environment you want to sell to the audience. The "bad guys" (Summed up in Christie and Rig at this point) got class and mystique. If you suddenly throw in some over the top sadistic or mentally unstable person it might take focus away from the fighting spirit between worthy individuals, with different ideals, and be replaced it with fending off monsters. That would be a degenerating turn for intellectual storytelling of the series, even if you get diversity. Then again, if done correctly it might work out. I don't know, it is all in TN hands.

I'm hoping to get positively surprised, and knowing TN I suspect I will.

Haha, and if you kick them out a window they end up at the urban rooftop stage? :cool:
yep that's what i was thinking, but also another stage, even near that bar.

Kronin

Oh my god! Who said about the loli girl was right!! :eek:

(Well she is extremely cute, but this will not be enough for forgetting Tengu! :( )

Kayin Amoh

Also, classic Lorelei design.

Not sure about this character. I won't use her, I know that much, but she could be a decent addition as long as she doesn't annoy the hell out of me with an overly childish attitude. If she's bawling her eyes out and going 'NANTE NE' every two seconds, my tolerance will plummet pretty rapidly. Otherwise, it's more variety.

Hopefully Rachel and Momiji are also getting their moveset variety buffed.

Mary Rose looks a lot like Rachel Alucard to me, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD