Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryPlaysLOL

Visually, Mila doesn't feel anime/manga-styled at all, to me.

Ayane, Kokoro, Lei-fang etc. all do much more.
I dont get the anime vibe from Lei. Kokoro, Ayane, Kasumi, This new girl Marie scream it though. Tina, Helena, Mila, Lisa, Lei all seem normal. Hitomi and Christie are on the edge.

David Gregg

Pssh, they can easily spin the story any way they want. I mean do you really look for consistency or story in a fighting game? Never mind in Dead or Alive.
It's more like why would you want character X as playable just b/c you've seen them in some form in a game?I'd rather have TN come up with a completely new character like Marie Rose or a veteran character like Tengu over some character we've seen like Miyako (sorry guys) who played a minor role in the game for about 10 seconds and who, as opposed to say Tengu, is requested because she is another female with big boobs but who would most likely have a fighting style not nearly as interesting (unless of course she sprouted wings and could perform his attacks).
/still_bitter_about_Tengu

Last edited:

MasterHavik

Visually, Mila doesn't feel anime/manga-styled at all, to me.

Ayane, Kokoro, Lei-fang etc. all do much more.
well she knows got a little anime to her look in 5U with those crazy punches and her new win pose. I mean her new casual look makes her look like one of the characters from Mana.

Brute

Standard Donor
English VA
disgusted-meme_u18chan-150x150.png

Thing is, pretty much everyone who speaks Japanese sounds like they could be in an anime to me, so that's not really something I hold against Mila specifically.

Chapstick

You must be using her English VA.
It's funny because she has the same english VA as Kasumi (I point this out whenever I possibly can idk why.) Mila feels very purposefully real, I'm guessing because of TN's more realistic approach with 5. To stay vaguely on topic I'll mention Marie Rose appears to be the answer to those that complained about the new style.
Hey, at least the girls don't sound like they're achieving orgasm every time they get hit xD

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I watched some more footage of Marie Rose, but it seemed like she was the first opponent for Arcade, so she didn't go all out. At this point, I really need to play her myself to make any judgment on her.

FatalxInnocence

I dislike japanese voices, especially Tina's.

Hmm, I'm the opposite. I can't stand the female English VAs, the guys do great however! They need to get some young blood in the VA business.... cause seriously all the girls either sound way too immature, or they sound way too old for the character they're voicing for... *cough KASUMI cough*

Admittedly though, Rachel's voice is good either way! Still prefer her JPN voice though, the noises she makes when fighting are beast. She sounds so angry!

On a side note, that Marie Rose Alice costume is great! =D

MasterHavik

It's funny because she has the same english VA as Kasumi (I point this out whenever I possibly can idk why.) Mila feels very purposefully real, I'm guessing because of TN's more realistic approach with 5. To stay vaguely on topic I'll mention Marie Rose appears to be the answer to those that complained about the new style.

Hey, at least the girls don't sound like they're achieving orgasm every time they get hit xD
well her english va is ass. she is awful and it sucks i know the va too she is way more talented. this has to be her worst roles.

WetNightmare

I think Kasumi sounds fine in DOA5 English. In DOA2, she sounded like a 12-year-old girl. At least she sounds more mature for her age.
Are we just not accounting for how profoundly awful the voice acting is in games like this anymore? Now, were we to merely be apathetic and say "Fuck it, it's a fighting game," I'm down with that, fine. But mining for nice things to say about what is clearly some journeyman VA with no rightful future in the industry just phoooning it in hardcore? Why? We have come way too far to settle for this cringe-worthy drivel. To see where I'm coming from, observe how people speak and emote in a critically acclaimed motion picture (Live action or animated, for that matter) or other video games (The Last of Us comes to mind), for fuck's sake. Now listen to the cringeworthy acting in DOA, Dynasty Warriors and countless other titles and ask yourself: is that what people sound like? Wooden-- so devoid of even the slightest semblance of feeling that I've learned to tune it out as white noise over the years ... maybe I'm asking too much but is it so hard for our VA's here to give at least half the effort to our beloved fighting game characters as they seem to in Japan? This is also why I just don't even fuck with dubbing when I watch movies. /rant, sorry haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD