Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLoRToR

Compared to DOA2 and SCII , DOA5/5U has some of the best voice acting ever. The stuff only comes out bad because of the poorly translated dialogue, the acting itself is actually pretty good.
+1^
Gotta love how native English speakers seem to have a crazy hard time with Japanese pragmatics.

werewolfgold

Helena is just horrible, that fake french accent is just... horrendous. I have no idea why they got her to do that,
I'mma invade the thread just to say...did you know that Helena's English VA is fluent in French, has dual French citizenship, and has done acting, voice dialect coaching, and all this other stuff in France? That probably had something to do with it. I'm quite a fan of her accent. Sounds fine to me. But, I sell shrimp out of the back of a van, so...

So, this isn't completely off topic, I'd say that whoever did Talim's English voice in SC4 would probably be okay for Marie Rose. Her or Cristina Vee with her Noel voice.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I'mma invade the thread just to say...did you know that Helena's English VA is fluent in French, has dual French citizenship, and has done acting, voice dialect coaching, and all this other stuff in France?

Sure she has done some great stuff for the Louvre or some airports voices, but as a French speaker, I can tell you that her accent is exaggerated, unsexy and offensive lol. All my friends are making fun of her when they see a cutscene with Helena. "Ello zis iz Helena Douglasse. Welcome to ze fif' tournamente".
I don't mind it personally, as I'm only playing with Japanese voices.

A slight accent would have been better imo. She just needs to pronounce some words with a French accent, not ALL of them.

Xernuht

Leifang is in her twenties, yet her English voice makes her sound like she's in preschool.

I know twenty-year-olds who sound like that. Puberty is a fickle mistress.

So, this isn't completely off topic, I'd say that whoever did Talim's English voice in SC4 would probably be okay for Marie Rose. Her or Cristina Vee with her Noel voice.

Actually, Hynden Walch would be awesome as Marie Rose.

Brute

Standard Donor
This might interest you. Along with her mid crushing low, Marie also has a command sidestep that tech jumps lows. Also, her roll has an offensive hold that does 80 damage on normal hit.
e84453ed_Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-300x295.png

JerryPlaysLOL

Talim's voice actress was actually voicing hitomi in DOA X2 and also some lines in doa dimensions. The more you know. now if only they would have stuck with her. Nothing against this new one, but both of my favorite characters from my favorite fighters shared her as a voice actress for a time. I miss it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
This might interest you. Along with her mid crushing low, Marie also has a command sidestep that tech jumps lows. Also, her roll has an offensive hold that does 80 damage on normal hit.
Is the offensive hold high or low?

Either way, I'm not worried. It's as simple as knowing how to react to it over time.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Damn, she is so legit. GAH! I guess she will have a sweep after that Lili-esque command sidestep.

Chapstick

tumblr_mwd0dkXGoo1r71kyto7_r1_250.gif

She just might be our new Alpha-152, another featherweight with a ridiculous OH and massive damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD