Marie Rose update will surely bring general changes

MasterHavik

I don't know they kinda read my mind and gave Bayman a back roll despite the fact I never wrote it down for some reason. they somehow managed to attach it to an input I seem incapable of doing too but it's the thought that counts. therefore I think we should think as hard as we can about what we want and believe that it will happen and it will happen.
Well now that I think about it...the same can be sad with how they all of Zack's strings into his stances a lot of safer and made airwalk and 33kp give plus frames on block when going into duck. 5U Zack is nothing but buffs out the ass with super useful new moves with one minor nerf that doesn't mean anything since there is a way around it. What was it? His 3P+K that crushes mid and highs doesn't track anymore while it did in vanilla.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No game ( 3D fighter wise ) should allow the player to endlessly attack.

You're missing the point of what I and others have been pointing out for weeks/months now, lol. DOA is the only game where the defender's defense attack option is one of the most powerful in the game.

WUKs stun on counter hit and have ridiculous range. Most back off because we know how ridiculous the WUK in DOA is. Yes, there are several ways to deal with/avoid them, but "this game's" pace has been slowed down a lot because the defender has invincibility frames when they are knocked onto the ground.

The ground game is more than often reset to neutral because those frames hardly allow you to keep up momentum well enough (outside of trying to hold a WUK, block one or back away).

Dev made a good point in the force tech thread before;

Because it implies slowing down and giving the person who got knocked down the initiative. Even if you can counter all of them, they still have all their options available. Shutting down options (have them not wake up with kicks, forcing them to block etc) is part of oki in all fighters 2D and 3D. By not allowing the attacker to limit options, then getting knocked down might as well be a complete reset situation.

I gave my say in another thread before and people would agree;

I want to say--that ground game and oki as opposed to force techs were a good direction for DOA. It allowed the aggressor to continue their aggression and force the defensive player into 50/50 situations that favor the aggressor (when I watch SSF4 I think about their 50/50 situations then think about DOA5 vanilla's, a little similar ONLY in the sense that the aggressor retains their advantage, they have cross ups and meatys after hard knock downs, we have force techs, but they both allow for the same concept because you get your 50/50 mix up while the defender actually has to defend).

If I knock you down, I should retain my advantages and keep you on your toes.

Of course, the defender would have their few options to avoid being at more disadvantage. But in no way should your WUK have as much power as they do. They need to be weaker, a lot weaker and have shorter range. It should allow you to get up with some breathing room at the very least, not force the aggressor to back off entirely.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Launching someone with Leon requires that they messed-up. His mid launcher is a mid punch, something that people are always trying to hold against Leon given that he's 99% mid punches. Additionally, He has an 11 frame jab and nothing frightening from his 13 mid (if you want the scary stuff, gotta go with 6P). And for all that sluggish speed and predictable hit levels, does he get nearly the damage Alpha does from a standard CB? No. Is it even 1/8th as easy to open people up with Leon as it is with Alpha with her endless string mix-ups on different levels? No. Does he get a 9 frame jab? No. Does he have 3 different CBs that all strike on different hit levels? No. Well at least he has Alpha's throw power, right? NOPE. For some fucking reason Alpha gets the better throw power for guessing wrong on one of her 3 different CBs.

Don't give me that "Leon is cheaper than Alpha" bullshit. Get real.

People call Ryu cheap all the time. This is nothing new.

You act like it's pumpkin pie to do her BURST. Alpha is so limited all of her her moves can be reversed easily by anyone that was smart enough to study her for five minutes. BURST aside, your Leon not having Alpha's "throw power" comment is a crock of shit.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
You act like it's pumpkin pie to do he BURST. Alpha is so limited all of her her moves can be reversed easily by anyone that was smart enough to study her for five minutes. BURST aside, your Leon not having Alpha's "throw power" comment is a crock of shit.
tumblr_mdlegvjTaB1rrz2yu.gif

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
You act like it's pumpkin pie to do her BURST.
A throw (236236 is the universal command for a special anyway, in no way should that be difficult to pull off) that is capable of 149 on HiC vs. a throw capable of 117 on HiC. And Leon is the second slowest striker in the game. And is extremely mid heavy. And can only play offensive once he gets a punish in. And he should be nerfed because you make the mistake of not guarding against his attacks with P.
We talk about Leon like he is a demigod but the reality is that just about every fight is an uphill battle at all times. Somebody wants to throw an unsafe attack or use the same string a couple times in a row? Be my guest, Leon will eat you alive once he catches on.

And people still want Alpha buffed. I just want the ultimate nerf for her. Remove that bitch and make her just a costume swap for Kasumi like she used to be.

About Marie Rose system changes, don't really see that happening. If they did then we would have to expect a new title.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I wasn't sure if he was implying that the input was hard to do, but if we was... wow.

Again, neither have throw inputs that are particularly difficult execution-wise. If I had to choose, however, I would say Leon has the harder execution in throws because his big damage one(s) are breakable, meaning to "perfect it" you have to get just frames. Not once, not twice, but three fucking times for one throw (Dervish throw). For comparison, Lisa only has to do two for the same damage. Alpha's isn't even a combo throw.

And before you say it's easier said than done, I'm able to pull it off very consistently, even online, whenever I get Alpha (via Random). And I suck with move-execution-type stuff. Bottom line: it's easier to bait out holds for HiC throws with Alpha than Leon, and she gets a better reward for doing so, despite not being a slow grappler with poor mix-up potential like Leon.

FatalxInnocence

You're missing the point of what I and others have been pointing out for weeks/months now, lol. DOA is the only game where the defender's defense attack option is one of the most powerful in the game.

WUKs stun on counter hit and have ridiculous range. Most back off because we know how ridiculous the WUK in DOA is. Yes, there are several ways to deal with/avoid them, but "this game's" pace has been slowed down a lot because the defender has invincibility frames when they are knocked onto the ground.

The ground game is more than often reset to neutral because those frames hardly allow you to keep up momentum well enough (outside of trying to hold a WUK, block one or back away).

Dev made a good point in the force tech thread before;

I gave my say in another thread before and people would agree;

Of course, the defender would have their few options to avoid being at more disadvantage. But in no way should your WUK have as much power as they do. They need to be weaker, a lot weaker and have shorter range. It should allow you to get up with some breathing room at the very least, not force the aggressor to back off entirely.

I honestly don't think the range is an issue. Wake up kicks, at least from what I've seen do NOT guarantee anything on standard hit. On block, -6. On whiff, they're negative -8. It's not like they can do much anyway as for the most part, whiff or block they're at a disadvantage. Just not to a overkill punishable point which is what I'm gathering you're after? which hardly seems fair.

Both cases, force the person who is wake up kicking to block afterwards. Anyone who feels they're at an advantage after a wake up kick is blocked or whiffed, is clearly mistaken. Regardless, most people will still tech roll. It's not like wake up kicking is worth the risk anyway in my eyes, besides once a blue moon when the opponent is getting ahead of themselves assuming you're going to tech roll.

Some characters still have moves which scare people into tech rolling, Rachel's stomp is still a viable scare tactic, who wants to be a -15? Nobody. Kasumi's got her cartwheel, Helena's got her BOK sweep kick, Pai's got her P+K, I could go on.

And I'm sorry but if you're getting hit by a wake up kick on CH, you deserve the damage coming to you. On standard hit, it just puts you at -6, which guarantees nothing. On whiff or block, it puts the opponent in negative frame. It's not like there's more positives than negatives to wake up kicking, so I honestly don't see the problem.

HOWEVER! I do think, they need to fix that frame where the player becomes invulnerable and you go through them. It messes with some moves making them completely useless ( Kasumi's 6PK2K. Used to be a viable combo option, now it's pretty darn useless. )

Anyway, like I said before there's a reason why they did it, and it was to prevent the ability to endlessly attack- which in all honesty was completely stupid in vanilla. They got rid of it, and now there's a problem with the inability to endlessly attack, but this isn't a 2D fighter- there shouldn't be an option to. At least this way, it gives downed players an opportunity to gain the upper hand if they guess correctly. This goes for both sides.

I guess everyone's opinion will differ on this though. Because everyone wants the game to play differently.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
3D Fighters shouldn't allow for any ground game pressure and oki. It's stupid

This is pretty much what your argument is. I don't think you know a lot about this game like you're trying to claim. You're going in circles with what you say.

Your last post is a counter argument to itself, lol.

Anyone that has been playing this game competitively or actually learning this game (like seriously learning this game) will tell you that 5U's ground game is bad. It's in the OP.

Last edited:

HoodsXx

Until this community realizes HOW DOA5U should be played. NO ONE should be asking for balance changes. Only 2 characters need help, and that's Kokoro and Ein. Other than that EVERY CHARACTER IN THE ROSTER IS VIABLE. Lastly... Realize that your "GUARANTEED DAMAGE" comes from THROWS (AKA PUNISHMENT; LEARN IT FOOLS!), and B) (Stun - launch). It's absolutely pathetic, that no one realizes how DOA's played any more. Welp, I'm done for now. Cry all you want, but your Frame Adv, SDS out the ass, better BOUNDS, etc. Won't happen. All that needs changing is the Okizeme and Health Bars. Once that's set, the game will fly competitively. Peace out.

~NanhouDrops

Tenryuga

Hoods is right. System changes aren't happening till DOA6. Take what you have in 5U and focus on making it better. Save the overhauls for when DOA6 draws near.

Also people have so much invincibility on the ground in this game that it's not funny. It's like the game tries its hardest to make offense the hardest thing to maintain in the planet. This is the only game where I am actually relieved that I got knocked down instead of worried because I know in most cases things go back to neutral. In Vanilla 5 lmao you better believe I would tech roll so I don't get swept off the ground.

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

This is pretty much what your argument is. I don't think you know a lot about this game like you're trying to claim. You're going in circles with what you say.

Your last post is a counter argument to itself, lol.

Anyone that has been playing this game competitively or actually learning this game (like seriously learning this game) will tell you that 5U's ground game is bad. It's in the OP.

I never claimed to know a lot about anything actually. All I stated is I've played other fighters and what you're asking isn't making much sense to me. You tried to clarify, I still didn't follow. So yes, I probably sound like I'm repeating myself ( not to mention confusing myself ) in an attempt to understand the logic of a " wake up kick is the most powerful thing in the game", and why it needs to be nerfed. So sorry for attempting to understand the logic behind what you were saying.

edit; Also maybe the fact I use Rachel as a main now is why I'm not following. Wake up kicks even after stomp nerf aren't a problem for me. Wake up kicks don't interrupt the stomp. People are always going to force tech after Rachel's knocked them down in fear of the stomp. Most of my characters have a viable option for those who choose to remain on the ground instead of tech.

MasterHavik

This game will always not be as good as we want it if people can't agree on anything.

System changes won't happened until DOA 6?

Look at the patches in vanilla. Sigh...everyone thinks they are right....

Tenryuga

This game will always not be as good as we want it if people can't agree on anything.

Patches in vanilla didn't mess with much but the health bar. A major system change is something like including a throw break system, adding advantage on normal hit and messing with frames in general, changing stun to launch height, completely changing how a character is played, adding new types of stuns etc. DOA5U is an example of a system change for the worse. DOA4 to DOA5 is an example of a system change.

MasterHavik

Patches in vanilla didn't mess with much but the health bar. A major system change is something like including a throw break system, adding advantage on normal hit and messing with frames in general, changing stun to launch height, completely changing how a character is played, adding new types of stuns etc. DOA5U is an example of a system change for the worse. DOA4 to DOA5 is an example of a system change.
So the whole cast getting a major overhaul...was nothing right? Right? RIGHT? Making crouching faster was nothing also, right? right? RIGHT? The sidestep got buffed too, right? Right? RIGHT? LEt's nopt get started with how the ground game and got changed...and then removed too. Sigh..you guys don't get it at all. The proof is there and people gotta realize a system change or major overhaul is possible....very possible. But I'm watching this since everyone is being hardheaded. I'll see yall at NEC.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I never claimed to know a lot about anything actually. All I stated is I've played other fighters and what you're asking isn't making much sense to me. You tried to clarify, I still didn't follow. So yes, I probably sound like I'm repeating myself ( not to mention confusing myself ) in an attempt to understand the logic of a " wake up kick is the most powerful thing in the game", and why it needs to be nerfed. So sorry for attempting to understand the logic behind what you were saying.

edit; Also maybe the fact I use Rachel as a main now is why I'm not following. Wake up kicks even after stomp nerf aren't a problem for me. Wake up kicks don't interrupt the stomp. People are always going to force tech after Rachel's knocked them down in fear of the stomp. Most of my characters have a viable option for those who choose to remain on the ground instead of tech.

Thank you for further proving my point that you don't understand what I and others are talking about, lol.

SilverForte

Wakeup kicks should be like they are in vf, just a way to get an attacker off of you.

They can't start combos, and are relatively easy to punish if you predict the right one.

HoodsXx

Nah, system changes need to happen now. Character changes don't need to happen for any character other than the two I just mentioned. DOA6 if that ever comes to life, can have all of the character changes we want.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I wasn't sure if he was implying that the input was hard to do, but if we was... wow.

Again, neither have throw inputs that are particularly difficult execution-wise. If I had to choose, however, I would say Leon has the harder execution in throws because his big damage one(s) are breakable, meaning to "perfect it" you have to get just frames. Not once, not twice, but three fucking times for one throw (Dervish throw). For comparison, Lisa only has to do two for the same damage. Alpha's isn't even a combo throw.

And before you say it's easier said than done, I'm able to pull it off very consistently, even online, whenever I get Alpha (via Random). And I suck with move-execution-type stuff. Bottom line: it's easier to bait out holds for HiC throws with Alpha than Leon, and she gets a better reward for doing so, despite not being a slow grappler with poor mix-up potential like Leon.

Are you familiar with even fighting Alphas? If you sucked with move execution it's more than likely you will screw the burst notation up a lot with rush or oboro. I mean, I do... most people do. I think that burst she be nerfed back to normal as well, but like silver said... it's a 20 frame throw. And she doesn't have the best offense in the game (anymore) and the worst defense possible. All that's required to start an insane chain with Leon is getting the opponent in the air (which IS NOT hard).

Most people that play DOA5 on a regular basis have found a way out of it, whether it be a low attack or just a duck. Countering at the wrong time is the only way she can really get burst nowadays.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD