Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Argentus

not liking how the mp maps are so cramped compared to the me3mp maps which aside from reactor were all open maps with lots of room to move around.

on the plus side we can finally make females that dont look derpy which is a nice change from the original trilogy.

but yeah npcs are boring as fuck. its like a game full of Jacobs from me2.

the mp characters are all super bland too. and jetpack is largely irrelevant

still getting it if only out of brand loyalty. The overall game is more general exploration like ME1 than space opera adventure like mes 2 and 3.

I AM liking the new class customization system where I can pick and choose my powers though.

i still have 6 hours left on my trial. Played a few mp matches (Got Krogan Mercenary and Widow in my first pack!) and played enough single player to make it to the Nexus. Not sure if I wanna continue single player or just spend my remaining six hours playing multiplayer.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
7212_md.png

VgWtvvA.gif

tumblr_omygp9Zlb31shff2jo1_540.gif

cUxSTkm.gif

NightAntilli

not liking how the mp maps are so cramped compared to the me3mp maps which aside from reactor were all open maps with lots of room to move around.

on the plus side we can finally make females that dont look derpy which is a nice change from the original trilogy.

but yeah npcs are boring as fuck. its like a game full of Jacobs from me2.

the mp characters are all super bland too. and jetpack is largely irrelevant

still getting it if only out of brand loyalty. The overall game is more general exploration like ME1 than space opera adventure like mes 2 and 3.

I AM liking the new class customization system where I can pick and choose my powers though.

i still have 6 hours left on my trial. Played a few mp matches (Got Krogan Mercenary and Widow in my first pack!) and played enough single player to make it to the Nexus. Not sure if I wanna continue single player or just spend my remaining six hours playing multiplayer.
I definitely understand how you feel. I Also tried the multiplayer... The ME3 multiplayer was more fun for some reason... I can't put my finger on it... But one of the things that definitely annoy me is that you have all this jetpack mobility, and they stick you into small corridor maps. Ugh... At least the more open maps are more fun... And the characters in multiplayer sometimes have these cheesy remarks, like complaining about having to revive a team mate, complaining about the shields dropping... Could have lived without it.
Extracting in multiplayer is not nearly as satisfying as in ME3. It's just... Bland. In ME3 at least you had this nice short tune playing when you extract. Now, it's basically nothing but an extraction screen, and, sometimes some cheesy remark about getting drinks...

And by the way, near the end of my multiplayer gameplay session, after about an hour and a half, the sound cut out for no apparent reason. My PC itself still had sound, but the game simply went completely silent.

There is no perfect control system for this game in multiplayer... If you play with a controller, well, you don't have as good aim as with a mouse and keyboard... But if you play with mouse and keyboard, the abilities where you require to hold down the power gets extremely annoying. Try holding down the "1" key for a cryo beam, and at the same time move in all four directions, especially the left. Yeah. Not gonna happen on a keyboard. And the dash ability is mapped to the middle mouse button. Not exactly the most handy button to use since you WILL accidentally scroll and switch to a different weapon.
And I still cannot figure out how to switch the shoulder view with mouse and keyboard. Is it even possible? I actually discovered the dash while trying to switch shoulders lol. The controls are definitely more optimized for a controller. You can use a mouse and keyboard, but, it's simply better to use a controller...

I must also say that I don't find the menus intuitive. Maybe I'm simply too used to the old ones. At least the game performs well for me, even in MP.

I know I fell in love with ME1 immediately after starting playing it. The first mission in Andromeda is good, but, it did not have the same effect for me. After the first mission, things slow down significantly. It's this weird blend of being too slow and too fast at the same time. But I'll give the game time. I just received the Tempest. The introduction obviously tries to mimic the introduction of the Normandy SR2 in ME2, but, it is not as powerful. Will do some exploration in it later.

By the way, as a clarification... Despite the above comments about the multiplayer, I did still enjoy it, just not as much as ME3's. It might grow on me down the line.

Argentus

I definitely understand how you feel. I Also tried the multiplayer... The ME3 multiplayer was more fun for some reason... I can't put my finger on it... But one of the things that definitely annoy me is that you have all this jetpack mobility, and they stick you into small corridor maps. Ugh... At least the more open maps are more fun... And the characters in multiplayer sometimes have these cheesy remarks, like complaining about having to revive a team mate, complaining about the shields dropping... Could have lived without it.
Extracting in multiplayer is not nearly as satisfying as in ME3. It's just... Bland. In ME3 at least you had this nice short tune playing when you extract. Now, it's basically nothing but an extraction screen, and, sometimes some cheesy remark about getting drinks...

And by the way, near the end of my multiplayer gameplay session, after about an hour and a half, the sound cut out for no apparent reason. My PC itself still had sound, but the game simply went completely silent.

There is no perfect control system for this game in multiplayer... If you play with a controller, well, you don't have as good aim as with a mouse and keyboard... But if you play with mouse and keyboard, the abilities where you require to hold down the power gets extremely annoying. Try holding down the "1" key for a cryo beam, and at the same time move in all four directions, especially the left. Yeah. Not gonna happen on a keyboard. And the dash ability is mapped to the middle mouse button. Not exactly the most handy button to use since you WILL accidentally scroll and switch to a different weapon.
And I still cannot figure out how to switch the shoulder view with mouse and keyboard. Is it even possible? I actually discovered the dash while trying to switch shoulders lol. The controls are definitely more optimized for a controller. You can use a mouse and keyboard, but, it's simply better to use a controller...

I must also say that I don't find the menus intuitive. Maybe I'm simply too used to the old ones. At least the game performs well for me, even in MP.

I know I fell in love with ME1 immediately after starting playing it. The first mission in Andromeda is good, but, it did not have the same effect for me. After the first mission, things slow down significantly. It's this weird blend of being too slow and too fast at the same time. But I'll give the game time. I just received the Tempest. The introduction obviously tries to mimic the introduction of the Normandy SR2 in ME2, but, it is not as powerful. Will do some exploration in it later.

By the way, as a clarification... Despite the above comments about the multiplayer, I did still enjoy it, just not as much as ME3's. It might grow on me down the line.

yeah like i can see myself simply going back to ME3MP over continuing to play MEAMP. It's not bad it just feels like ME got call of duty'd like what happened to battlefield and battlefront.

Also its left ALT to switch shoulders on mouse and keyboard.

DontForkWitMe

After failing to make a decent looking black male ryder who no matter what always looked like an uglier less cooler looking Liam i gave up and decided to try my hand at sista ryder and am actually satisfied, much better than that derpy crack head looking default monstrosity.

33474411276_2cc2cdf837_o.jpg

33358730462_e3cc76f7b8_o.jpg

32700743063_1154a5f10f_o.jpg

33474504456_ab3aecdcf6_o.jpg

Argentus

After failing to make a decent looking black male ryder who no matter what always looked like an uglier less cooler looking Liam i gave up and decided to try my hand at sista ryder and am actually satisfied, much better than that derpy crack head looking default monstrosity.

33474411276_2cc2cdf837_o.jpg

33358730462_e3cc76f7b8_o.jpg

32700743063_1154a5f10f_o.jpg

33474504456_ab3aecdcf6_o.jpg

i found it damn near impossible to do a pale Ryder, always came out tan, but I don't mind.

I finally managed to have a female Mass Effect character that i actually LIKE the look of. It helps that the hair doesn't look like moldy hay anymore.

RissaRyder001.jpg
RissaRyder003.jpg

so glad we don't have that constant derpy overbite on the character models anymore like in the original trilogy.

Argentus

Oh holy shit, that is your character.

Fucking hell.
yes, yes, yes, you don't like it, I got it.

I do, however.

Like I said, huge improvement over trying to make a Femshep in the original trilogy, which almost always came out like shit, plus the "dark skin dyed hair" was the kinda girls I hooked up with in college. I like that type of girl haha.

P2p1mbs

I heard that if you customize your Ryder, the sibling and Alec Ryder will also resemble the player, how do they look?

Argentus

I heard that if you customize your Ryder, the sibling and Alec Ryder will also resemble the player, how do they look?

you can customize the sibling as well so its a moot point.

but the father had green eyes and darker skin like my character, so either thats a helluva coincidence, or it does actually change your dad slightly to accommodate for your customizations.

NightAntilli

It indeed changes your dad to look like your custom Ryder. The customization of your own character feels more limited than prior Mass Effect games though...

Argentus

welp. i still have 6 hours left on my trial. wont be able to pick up the game until next week due to lack of money so i'll be a little behind on the multiplayer on ps4, at least.

think i'm gonna go ahead and spend the last 6 hours on pc doing multiplayer. Maybe save those 6 hours for after the game officially releases to play with everybody

P2p1mbs

The game is coming out tomorrow where I live and since I won't be able to buy a ps4 until june, i guess I'll have to make do with my xbone for now. To bad the RB on my controller is broken so I'll have to buy a new one when i get the game. I guess I'll just wait until my next payday next week to get this. I can wait though, probably better to do so anyways so any major post release problems can be found.

Also:

NightAntilli

Reviews are so mixed... Here's one of the best and one of the worst;

Andromeda is superb, easily jettisoning Ryder and crew ahead of Commander Shepard and his team. It’s clear BioWare has learned lessons with the original Mass Effect trilogy, offering something even better and far more cohesive with this new series. Its only misstep is a slow, labouring tutorial that lasts the better part of five hours; though, after 60 more, it seems like nothing more than a distant memory. Offering deep, engaging characters, a new lore for a new galaxy (but enough interconnected so franchise fans don’t feel left out) and a stellar storyline, gamers of any background will find something to do in the far off reaches of the universe.

----------------------------------------------------
Mass Effect Andromeda feels like a game that exists because there needed to be a new Mass Effect game. It’s hard, as deeply as you explore it, to find something that shows any other reason for it to be. Despite the extraordinary opportunity of a fresh start, fresh characters, and even a fresh galaxy to set it in, this feels like a lengthy rehash of what came before. It is bad in many ways, from its madcap AI, poor character faces, dated design and most of all, horrible writing, but its biggest crime is just how unavoidably, all-encompassingly dull it is for so, so many hours.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD