Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
I just hate how every FemRyder look like they're on Tumblr 24/7 explaining how they hate men. But then the male Ryder looks like a dude from tinder. I just want my Mark vanderloo :(

Deleveleux

They made all womens ugly :( they want to hack game beauty standards

ugly-me-andromeda-women-faces-hacked.jpg

Radiance

Just picked up my copy - first time Mass Effect player and will be playing all night. On PSN if anyone wants to play. FNC_Savior

UpSideDownGRUNT

My copy should be arriving in like 12 hours, I'm interested in seeing if I can pull off a genuine looking Eurasian Fem/SisRyder....

I always tried making Eurasian FemShep in 2 & 3 but she never actually looked Asian in the slightest lol

Argentus

After seeing all the previews I have about 0 interest in the game.

half the problem is everyone was wanting another glorious space opera like the ME2 and ME3, but this was intended to be a simple space exploration game like ME1.

That and nobody gives a fuck about the boring squadmates in andromeda.

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
half the problem is everyone was wanting another glorious space opera like the ME2 and ME3, but this was intended to be a simple space exploration game like ME1.

That and nobody gives a fuck about the boring squadmates in andromeda.
ME1 has the best story because it made the Most sense. But the other 2, man it was just OH THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE ITS THE REAPER SPACE MAGIC. Saren was 10 times the villain that the illusive man or of the other ones will ever be.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I think he's referring more to "scale" than narrative quality, but the point is still bizarre considering that the scale of the first game's ending outclassed anything from ME2. ME3 was the "biggest" of the three to be certain, but ME1 was no less of an "epic space opera" than ME2.

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
I think he's referring more to "scale" than narrative quality, but the point is still bizarre considering that the scale of the first game's ending outclassed anything from ME2. ME3 was the "biggest" of the three to be certain, but ME1 was no less of an "epic space opera" than ME2.

Big boi post incoming

Mass effect 2 took a way too big step story wise imo. You got Mass Effect 1 you're chasing this fucking evil looking birdman who killed your homie and is manipulating the council. So you're on this big ass mission to find evidence against him. But then find out that his shitty firmware got upgraded by a robotic mastermind who's really pissy at everything and wants to end all life. So you got this big fucking climax on the citadel with ships, lasers and a spaceship piloted by a crippled dude. Eventually you blow up the mad space crab and you gotta stop the rest from coming over to do the same shit.

Enter Mass Effect 2

You die because your ship gets blown up. THICC girl revives you. You are forced to work for space Trump and his henchmen, find out that instead of manipulating people this robit just straight up zombified an ancient race of jamaicans and gave them wings, oh and he can possess them at will because you know, reaper tech. So you go to his crib and blow up his rodent infested shack. He gets pissy and releases control of his army of bugbois. Tells you to prepare for the true power of the reapers that is totally not disappointing at all because it's being led by a little kid that shepard keeps dreaming about and it's totally not creepy.

It went from: space masterminds and space exploration.
To: FAM I GOT MY ARMY OF SUPER BUGS REAPER TECH LIARA IS A TOUGH GIRL NOW GARRUS BECAME A LEGIT HITMAN
AND THE ONLY WAY TO STOP ME IS BY DOING A SUICIDE MISSION LOL XD

I really love Mass Effect 2, but it just went from a 0 to a 100 in terms of ramping up the story.

Brute

Standard Donor
Not really sure what that has to do with my post. None of that "crazy" stuff from ME2 changes the scale of the game. Story-wise both cases is that an ancient master race of robots want to wipe out the galaxy, so the stakes are about the same. In ME1 you actually witness the ancient monster attack, whereas in ME2 things are much smaller in scale. The human reaper is kind of an ant, and the battles never get as big and grandiose as they are in ME1.

Also, the starchild note seems a bit out of place since that wasn't until ME3.

NightAntilli

After seeing all the previews I have about 0 interest in the game.
When ME3 came out, everyone was mad at the reviewers because they gave the game a good score, and the game ended up being 'bad' mainly because of the ending.

This time, I bet reviewers caught on to the outrage about the animations and decided to tone down their enthusiasm a bit to be on the safe side. From people that are actually playing the game, me reading their opinions on multiple forums, most people like the game. It does have its problems, and a lot of things seem to be overwhelming at first (particularly the crafting), but, they are enjoying the experience. ME1 had way more problems than ME:A has, and yet it was praised quite a bit. Can't help but feel that some salt from the ME3 ending is rubbing into this game.

This does not mean you should definitely get it. The game is definitely not for everyone. But a very vocal minority are speaking very badly of this game, and in my opinion, it is unwarranted. There's a difference between criticism and straight up baseless cynical slander.

Mass Effect was always one of those games that looks weird but feels fun to play. The ME3 multiplayer looks meh when watching, but when you play it, it suddenly is extremely fun. I'd say the same is true for this game. Some people are enjoying the jetpack a bit too much on YouTube lol.

This is a good video;

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Gotta admit but the gameplay so far is an improvement to the older ones. Still playing through the game. I might be one of the oddballs here but the visuals of the game throws me off completely, it doesn't even have motion blur or any of the sort but I swear I have issues reading text and not seeing things properly for when they are there.

Or maybe I might just be the dude who needs to acquire glasses for the first time, though I don't have these issues playing other games. You know those lighting bolts when you proceeded through the first section of the game? that shit hurts my eyes and I always play in a extremely well-lit room.

Argentus

Gotta admit but the gameplay so far is an improvement to the older ones. Still playing through the game. I might be one of the oddballs here but the visuals of the game throws me off completely, it doesn't even have motion blur or any of the sort but I swear I have issues reading text and not seeing things properly for when they are there.

Or maybe I might just be the dude who needs to acquire glasses for the first time, though I don't have these issues playing other games. You know those lighting bolts when you proceeded through the first section of the game? that shit hurts my eyes and I always play in a extremely well-lit room.

i dunno when I played on pc it felt like everything was kinda through a fisheye lens, like the borders of the view were skewed a bit, or maybe i'm just remembering it wrong. i'll find out soon as its done updating. But yeah its a totally different filter from the film grain of the originals.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD