Master File : Tier List(4.1).

MasterHavik

You guys need to read the OP and look at the numbers. This isn't a traditional tier list based on bias and what characters can do in specific situations (thats not all of it but im bare boning my explanation cuz im tired). The entire list is built mostly around a more mathematical approach, and even then its pretty accurate to most of the traditional tier lists the community has come up with.

Zack is far from being a beast. He's not terrible, but he's no beast. He's roughly mid tier, and this list has him roughly mid strength. I'd say its pretty accurate. He suffers similar problems that Hitomi has. Not very many setups, and needs to rely on parlor tricks and string mixups to get around his easy to read strings and lacks good launchers that the higher tier cast members have. He makes up some of this with his speed, but that only goes so far. The only advantage Hitomi has over him is her parry. Some would say he has those dodges, but those are really only good in specific situations and are mostly used in parlor tricks.
Well when you put it that way. Then I can understand what you are saying. What I notice when I was playing DOA 4 was that most of his good shit was either high or mid. Not many good lows. And is fucking lunch to the top tier characters.

Koompbala

I like the list the only thing I would change is make Helena's throw rank and make it a 3 not because I think she belongs with Spartan and Tina but because that Bokuho grab.

Raansu

That bokuho grab is a little ridiculous, but again, the ranking is based on throw speed and strength, and while yes, the throw is a bit annoying and a really good tool, it isnt that powerful. Again, this isnt a traditional tier list, it is just a list showing the strengths of the casts in numbers.

Koompbala

I know but I am taking strength into consideration. I read the thread I'm not complaining about the same thing as the majority. If that's the case then I would ask why Ein is so low. Helena got decent wall grabs I mean she ain't no Hitomi or Tina with a wall nearby but still okay. This is assuming the right combo is done after Bokuho every time too. I'm not even taking human error into consideration cause a person will mess up the best combo eventually. If I calculate human error I would rate her grabs 2.5 or if I would rank her grabs based off of doing nothing after Bokuho then I would again rate her grabs 2.5.

I'm assuming the master file takes Bokuho's grab base damage into consideration without doing the best combo giving her grabs a 2.5. Look at 4's Bokuho grab its clearly designed for her to do something afterwards rather than look pretty. So basically what I'm trying to say I dont agree with the 2.5 based off her base damage and if the best combo is taken into consideration I still dont agree with a 2.5. All I'm saying is I think her throw rank should be brought up .5 so its 3.0 that's it.

Fuzzieviking

Well its nice to see that although the tier lists have some huge gaps, like between hitomi and ayane. But even with those differences the characters are still balanced enough for it to barely show.

Koompbala

What do you guys think about Zack's low throw?

I do remember all low grabs are the same speed except for grapplers and Tengu so speed wise no difference. As far as damage not sure about his low grab anymore but his low catch grab got the chance of environmental effects so that's good.

TRI Mike

I don't understand why Brad Wong is up there and Hitomi is down there. I also think Helena is way too low.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
This isn't a proper tier list. The Japanese have a habit of assigning each character a grade based on several different factors and then averaging them together and then list out the characters based on that. This is that list out of the Japanese guide.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD