Midnight Release

Hitomi_Alpha

I doubt we'll be getting a mid-night release here in the UK. The most I can hope for is Shopto delivering my copy a day early which would be friggin awesome :D....but still a couple of days behind the rest of the world......why do developers hate europe again?

Sir Skeleton

Well I don't think my Gamestop will have a midnight release, but I will be there the second they open up on the 25th. At least maybe I can get a good night of sleep first before I spend they next untold amount of hours straight playing it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Nearly every Gamestop that's not in a mall, and most of those too, shoould be open because of the WoW expansion release. Just call your store and ask. You'll likely be able to go at midnight.

DR2K

Nearly every Gamestop that's not in a mall, and most of those too, shoould be open because of the WoW expansion release. Just call your store and ask. You'll likely be able to go at midnight.

That and Fifa, plus DOA5 of course.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
FIFA doesn't sell gangbusters everywhere like WoW somehow still does. I've no doubt that it'll sell big enough to warrant some midnight releases, but most store managers got the email that they'd be open on midnight the day Blizzard announced 9/25 as the WoW expansion release date. That's how it worked in my city.

TheTHCGamer

Best Buy is also having a midnight release but im not sure if theyll be selling games FIFA and WoW. I hope so cause if thats the case i might possibly pick the game up at midnight since ill have the next few weeks off after tomorrow.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I asked when I picked up Borderlands 2. My GameStop is officially not doing a midnight release. So I'll be there on the 25th at 10:00 AM sharp when they open to pick up my CE and guide.

Fearless

<---is located by two of the lamest Gamestops in the country.

No Project X/DOA 5 Pre-Release Party for me :/

Tones

Premium Donor
I changed my pre-order location to the EB store in Melbourne's CBD. The PS3's collectors edition has been sold out.

Genesis

No midnight release at my local GameStop. Ten o' clock it is!

Apparently, I'm one of only two people who preordered the collector's edition. I'm kinda hoping for looks of regret on the faces of the other customers.

IceMage95

Does anyone think that there will be some sort of DOA5 event or will it just be mainly FIFA during the midnight release?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Mainly WoW. Depends on each store but normally it's just a line to buy the game and nothing special.

DR2K

Does anyone think that there will be some sort of DOA5 event or will it just be mainly FIFA during the midnight release?

I would imagine if there was an event a fighting game would allow more people to play.

My Gamestop is having a midnight sale. My CE and Guide are paid off.

AegisOrnus

I thought I heard some random talk about some stores having tournaments. I remember my store did with Super Smash Bros Brawl a long while back. I'd say it needs to be popular enough first though and I'm not sure that's gonna happen at a FIFA/WoW midnight release.

NukNuks

Called over 20+ Gamestops and game stores ranging from San Jose to San Francisco trying to see if there was some sort of release day tournament going on with no luck. Only a few midnight releases because of Fifa and WoW but that's it :(

Tokkosho

i have to be at school tuesday anyway so ima just have my bro get it while im there
ORRRRRR have him go to the midnight release (if there is one) and be "sick" that day :cool:

TheTHCGamer

Yup not preordering another game at best buy again after going in the store yesterday and being told the midnight release is strictly for the games advertised so i wont be able to pick up DOA5 even though its payed in full. First they gave me hardly anything for my preorder and now they wont even let me pick up my game at the midnight release.

Gamestop wouldve given me 30% more for my trade ins and i couldve had the game tomorrow at midnight. Its know wonder that there gaming department hasnt been doing so well the last few years due to gamestop. Love best buys electronics but the way they handle preorders is terrible.

Ive never gotten an email notices about any of my preorders in the past and this was the first time they actually let me pay my preorder in full. In the past they would only let me put down 5 dollars and the guy at the register told me thats because most of us dont know how to go around that.

After he stated that i was thinking to myself what kind of shit is that. Anyway as i stated im done preordering games from best buy. Shouldve went with the store i use to work for a long time ago.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD