Mila's 1.0.3 Changes

DrDogg

DrDogg, I'd like to think that my time playing DOA isn't going to be judged on two sets.

If we were discussing a previous DOA then it would be one thing. I have no idea how much time you've put into DOA5, and you've stated in the past you were not playing well. I don't play this game since the patch. If you've leveled up in DOA5 since then, great. But my comments stand based on the time of that tournament match.

AngryWorm

If we were discussing a previous DOA then it would be one thing. I have no idea how much time you've put into DOA5, and you've stated in the past you were not playing well. I don't play this game since the patch. If you've leveled up in DOA5 since then, great. But my comments stand based on the time of that tournament match.

I've played quite a bit. I wasn't playing well at that point because I was in the middle of moving and didn't have the time to practice as much as I would have liked. Granted, I may have been a bit over confident and didn't think I'd have to practice much to win, but that's my own fault and nobody elses (not that I would have had time to play anyways).

You're entitled to your opinion though, I cannot change that. That said, care to share your worst set so I can judge your DOA5 skill set soley on that?

SilverKhaos

So, been busy playing Metal Gear Rising, Mass Effect 3, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and Transformers Fall of Cybertron, but I'm back with DOA now that I know the patch is out on Xbox.

Played a few matches...annd....

Okay, took me a few matches to adjust, but the overall feeling is that she's been tweaked to be more of a "Power" character. Slower, but the big hits are more damaging/hit harder. At least that's how it feels after playing a few matches.

Still haven't been able to get the new timing for any of the mount tackle links, though, so having to play without that for now.

Okay, played a few more matches. Back in the groove, she's exactly the same, just more sluggish and hits harder. So basically, she's just less mash friendly. Makes sense.

rximmortal

If you master the take down punches , you will be a real thread :) , You can make take down after everything actually.
For me Mila is not S tier but at least A or A+ is guarantee for her.

DrDogg

You're entitled to your opinion though, I cannot change that. That said, care to share your worst set so I can judge your DOA5 skill set soley on that?

There are very few match vids of me playing and even fewer of me losing because most people simply aren't good at DOA5. However, if I lost to the same attack being spammed for several rounds straight, I'd deserve whatever people said about my poor play. It may not be a good indication of your present skill set, but until you provide better examples, that's all people are going to go by... especially in a [relatively] new game.

There are very few match vids of me playing and even fewer of me losing because most people simply aren't good at DOA5. However, if I lost to the same attack being spammed for several rounds straight, I'd deserve whatever people said about my poor play. It may not be a good indication of your present skill set, but until you provide better examples, that's all people are going to go by... especially in a [relatively] new game.

Hey Dr. Dogg, everybody gets mindfucked now and again..

AngryWorm

So I guess the ONE video of me losing is all that matters then. Let's just ignore the stream victories I've picked up and never made it to youtube. And I guess the other three tournaments I've won really don't mean anything, and the online matches don't count because "lolonline" (which is now loloffline to apparently). The tournaments where I did beat Jeff and XDest aren't worth anything either I suppose.

If having one off-set during a very busy time of my life makes me a terrible player, then I feel bad for practically everyone who plays this game since I'm comfortable saying I'm still a top DOA5 player.

DrDogg

So I guess the ONE video of me losing is all that matters then. Let's just ignore the stream victories I've picked up and never made it to youtube. And I guess the other three tournaments I've won really don't mean anything, and the online matches don't count because "lolonline" (which is now loloffline to apparently). The tournaments where I did beat Jeff and XDest aren't worth anything either I suppose.

If having one off-set during a very busy time of my life makes me a terrible player, then I feel bad for practically everyone who plays this game since I'm comfortable saying I'm still a top DOA5 player.

I said you played poorly, not that you're a bad player. You stated yourself you played poorly and I clearly said that the one video is all I have to go on. I agreed with you that your play against Jeff that day was poor, so I really don't know what you're looking for here.

Do you want me to say that I'm sure you're better than that and it was just an off day? Well I don't know that. You were good in previous DOA games, and watching that video I expected better play from you. But as I mentioned, I don't know how much time you've put into DOA5. If you hadn't played much DOA5 at that point (or had other things going on, as you mentioned) you wouldn't be as good as you were in the past. I'm not just going to say you're good at DOA5 when I haven't seen evidence to verify that statement.

Why do you even care at this point? It was months ago. Even if you weren't up to your usual level of skill back then, if you've continued playing you are assuredly much better. I don't understand why you're getting so bent out of shape over one match video. This is about Jeff spamming 3H+K and not using Mila to her full potential, not how good of a player you are.

synce

Did they do something to her 4H+K in the patch? It's been a while since I played but I don't recall having so much trouble getting 4H+K,3KK to connect. First part seems to knock back farther than I remember

rximmortal

After 4H+K you can strike without dash only with 7K. All other moves needs a little dash if we consider you hit with 4H+K from far distance , if not it dosnt matter - everything will connect.

TakedaZX

After 4H+K you can strike without dash only with 7K. All other moves needs a little dash if we consider you hit with 4H+K from far distance , if not it dosnt matter - everything will connect.
That's not necessarily wrong, but it's more a specific situation that I brought up in the early post of this topic.
Did they do something to her 4H+K in the patch? It's been a while since I played but I don't recall having so much trouble getting 4H+K,3KK to connect. First part seems to knock back farther than I remember
Good eye, lad. The issue isn't with the range so much in this setup. If you're up close, something like 4H+K, 3PP will always (I repeat, ALWAYS) land. The reason is because 3P slides forward a good distance and the she also leans her body forward for the punch.

3K on the other hand, while a kick, does not move forward a good distance. That being said, 4H+K has a certain amount of pushback on hit. 3K CAN hit but the issue moves into open stance and closed stance.

When we talk about open stance and closed stance, it's all about foot placement by both fighters.

Closed stance occurs when both fighters have the same foot forward, so that their chests are facing each other. At Round 1! Fight!, the players will always be started off in closed stance, with their left foot in particular, forward. The other form of closed stance would be both players having their right foot forward.

Open stance is the opposite. When the fighters' opposite feet are forward, so if the first player has his left foot forward, the opponent's right foot will be forward, and both their chest will be facing the foreground. The other form of open stance would be the first player having his right foot forward and the opponent having his left foot forward. Their chest would be facing the background.

Now to explain why it whiffs, honestly it really only whiffs on certain characters. Hitomi is a prime-example. In closed stance, 3KK will always land but in open stance the 3KK will pretty much almost always whiff, so you have to be careful with it. The issue is most likely hitboxes on characters, which sucks because it screws a lot of characters in this game to inconsistent setups...

... so be careful with that setup.

But hey... it's just advice... you don't have to follow it...

You can do whatever the FUCK you wanna do. :)

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Found something out while gathering frame data just now. Mila's "Wall Power Slam" :214::H+P: (near walls) can't be used against ropes or at all in roped off arenas. Not even in corners. Would be nice if that gets updated like Bass' :6::H+P: near ropes. Also can't be used against rounded walls.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD