Mila's 1.0.3 Changes

TakedaZX

Well lets be serious for a minute DrDogg.

I get the dragon gunner, I've got to guess a minimum of 2 - 3 times after the intial p6p or 6H+K (assuming I don't just go for the 66k which will only be as much guaranteed damage as 6T, K with Mila). Now I've got a 3 way mix up out of the dragon stance or a 3 way mixup after the p6p.... and considering that p6p is -14 you're PROBABLY going to lose that stun) unless for some specific reason it's not SEable.

Moving on so I take that guess but like all greedy players I decided I'm going to try and reset the situation with another Dragon Gunner. Someone forsees this and decides that they're going to throw me in anticipation so they buffer... say a Raijin or Izuna drop or DDT or Way of The Dragon... now THAT is 90+ High Counter Damage that I just gave away.

Now look at Mila. Land a 6T, you get a a free K and now you're sitting with the mixup situation. Yea so you don't get the opening into the stun game but you do get the freedom to try and loop the grab again. If you do so for them to get hi counter on you they'd have to strike you which means they'd have to guess, which means you have a chance.

Stun game opportunity for 90+ guaranteed damage possibility against you

or

Advantage for possibility of being stunned... hmm...

DrDogg

Well lets be serious for a minute DrDogg.

I get the dragon gunner, I've got to guess a minimum of 2 - 3 times after the intial p6p or 6H+K (assuming I don't just go for the 66k which will only be as much guaranteed damage as 6T, K with Mila). Now I've got a 3 way mix up out of the dragon stance or a 3 way mixup after the p6p.... and considering that p6p is -14 you're PROBABLY going to lose that stun) unless for some specific reason it's not SEable.

Moving on so I take that guess but like all greedy players I decided I'm going to try and reset the situation with another Dragon Gunner. Someone forsees this and decides that they're going to throw me in anticipation so they buffer... say a Raijin or Izuna drop or DDT or Way of The Dragon... now THAT is 90+ High Counter Damage that I just gave away.

Now look at Mila. Land a 6T, you get a a free K and now you're sitting with the mixup situation. Yea so you don't get the opening into the stun game but you do get the freedom to try and loop the grab again. If you do so for them to get hi counter on you they'd have to strike you which means they'd have to guess, which means you have a chance.

Stun game opportunity for 90+ guaranteed damage possibility against you

or

Advantage for possibility of being stunned... hmm...

What? o_0

What's to stop the opponent from using a hi-counter launch when I go for another 6T? You're not looking at all of the options, or even the best options. And I have no idea where you're getting -14 after P6P hits, slow escape or not.

Raansu

Dragon Gunner opens up a deep stun setup, 6T doesn't.
Dragon Gunner guarantees a wall game, 6T doesn't.
Dragon Gunner has range and is an OH, 6T has neither.
Those a pretty significant differences. They are not even, nothing about them is similar and the threat/damage potential of the DG is WAY higher. I don't fear Mila's 6T. It's an annoying loop, but it's not something that I'm afraid of unlike the dragon gunner of which I want to avoid at all costs.

And the only time people are going to be looping the DG is if someone is consistently holding every time they get caught in it.

Yaguar

In a completely unrelated attempt to boost everyone's down trodden spirits:

28713504.jpg

TakedaZX

What? o_0

What's to stop the opponent from using a hi-counter launch when I go for another 6T? You're not looking at all of the options, or even the best options. And I have no idea where you're getting -14 after P6P hits, slow escape or not.
My fault. +14 but I would've thought you could've inferred that I meant +14 since you did write the strategy guide for the game. I had a wall of text written up for it actually then I erased it because it seemed irrelevant to put all that data on what if scenarios.

Anyway yea I'll give you that the high counter launch could happen, it was one of the things that was erased. Here's the thing though, for JL to actually get anything off his follow ups for sure he has to p or 6p after p6p in hopes that a competent player didn't already SE the stun. With dash 6H+K JL is forced to use Dragon Stance to extend the combo at all unless the opponent holds, which in that case would create a major gamble for that situation as far as actually getting a combo.

Mila on the other hand doesn't get the stun game but just advantage. The nice part is you don't even have to loop it because 214T's grab range is quite large and if the opponent hesitates for even a second, they'll be caught right in it if you buffer it correctly which I wouldn't doubt most players would do.

Anyway it's not like she doesn't have an her own takedown as well which should beat JL's Dragon gunner head to head because it goes into crouching status. That's an other aspect among many to look at. It still seems pretty even to me.

Raansu

Jann Lee is not forced to go into the dragon stance after 6f+k to extend the stun...And even if he was, that's not a negative for him given that dragon stance was DESIGNED to be used in stun to pressure the opponent. It's why he has several options out of it.

And when did this become a Jann vs. Mila situation? This conversation was simply comparing the tools of 6T and dragon gunner, had nothing to do with those two fighting each other. 6T is a decent loop, but fact is, it is not "even" with dragon gunner, it's not even close to the same thing. Jann has twice as many options after the dragon gunner than Mila has with 6T.

DrDogg

My fault. +14 but I would've thought you could've inferred that I meant +14 since you did write the strategy guide for the game.

Yes, I wrote the guide six months ago, which means I should clearly have all of the frame data memorized. My fault... >_>

Refer to Raansu's post for a response to everything else you wrote.

TakedaZX

Jann Lee is not forced to go into the dragon stance after 6f+k to extend the stun...And even if he was, that's not a negative for him given that dragon stance was DESIGNED to be used in stun to pressure the opponent. It's why he has several options out of it.

And when did this become a Jann vs. Mila situation? This conversation was simply comparing the tools of 6T and dragon gunner, had nothing to do with those two fighting each other. 6T is a decent loop, but fact is, it is not "even" with dragon gunner, it's not even close to the same thing. Jann has twice as many options after the dragon gunner than Mila has with 6T.
Educate me. What can you do after a DG 6H+K if you land it within the 25 frame window of advantage? I guarantee you that you will never be close enough to land anything else in your arsenal besides a dragon stance follow ups. I guess you guys took it the wrong way, I'm not saying the dragon stance is a bad idea, it's just he's forced to work with those follow ups it's not like he can 6H+K H+K which wouldn't too do much for him anyway seeing as he would need another hit to CB.

6H+K on NH gives a different stun that on CH or in stun. On NH the opponent will gradually fall to the floor in about 41 frames. In stun or on CH they'll stick up for a bit a longer but fall faster when the reach the end of being hit by mids.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem (it isn't because the dragon stance follow ups aren't bad at all) but the problem lies within the factor of distance after a dragon gunner. No matter how perfectly you dash into 6H+K after a dragon gunner, you'll never be able to land a p, 6p, 6k, or any other mixups you'd be able to land a raw 6H+K because it will always be at tip range. 6H+K4 gives a slight step forward when his raised foot lands so that's why Dragon Stance follow ups will always land. That's not to say that you can't hit after a tip range 6H+K though. 2p will land. +9... and they get pushed pretty far away...

Idk though Raansu.

DG Options. DG again, 66K_6H+K_p6p(all 48-50 dmg), Grab
6T Options. Grab. K(48dmg)P Mixup. Takedown + Feint Mixup with possibility of opening up with 2p.

But alright if you consider it better I'll take that for now. Seems Mila's got better pressure options after that especially of people who like to duck against her options and especially since she's just got better crush options in general than JL. In the end for JL it's just a better chance at damage because he makes you guess, but it's still chance.

DrDogg

But alright if you consider it better I'll take that for now. Seems Mila's got better pressure options after that especially of people who like to duck against her options and especially since she's just got better crush options in general than JL. In the end for JL it's just a better chance at damage because he makes you guess, but it's still chance.

If people are ducking against your Mila, you need to find better competition. There's no reason at all to duck against Mila unless you're doing it on reaction to block one of her many slow, low attacks, or reacting to the tackle.

TakedaZX

If people are ducking against your Mila, you need to find better competition. There's no reason at all to duck against Mila unless you're doing it on reaction to block one of her many slow, low attacks, or reacting to the tackle.
I'd suppose they don't like getting hit by frame trapping lows on hit. 1p is still +2 even though it's not a big deal and 2p is +1. There's also 4KT2P which still puts her at +14 which is actually the biggest threat so that opens up options like Feint P and Feint K. Regardless it's still guessing.

I'm just used to DOA4, not that I liked guessing, it just doesn't bother me as much anymore because the rage for that aspect has dwindled especially since I'm trying to get really good at FG's.

Hurricane Rev

If you understand a character it doesn't take very long to figure out if they are good or bad. The day the game came out I spent about 20 minutes with Hitomi and pretty much immediately knew she was garbage. Low and behold several months later I have yet to find anything good about her and to this day I am still correct in the fact that she is not a good character. Even NinjaCW had given up on her.

I really wish you'd pay closer attention. I don't care that Mila isn't as good as she was. I play low tier in Soul Calibur 5 and they were nerfed in the big patch for that game too. Yet, I still played through Evo.

My issue is that she plays like a DOA4 character. I refuse to play DOA4 and I refuse to "thank" Team Ninja for gutting my character when there was absolutely no reason for them to do so. They messed up the game for me and so I have stopped playing. It's very simple.

Well, safe guys. Have fun playing with better characters and cheating on Mila that you didn't even love and wasn't yours to begin with.

#SellOuts

Yaguar

Well, safe guys. Have fun playing with better characters and cheating on Mila that you didn't even love and wasn't yours to begin with.

#SellOuts

I'm leaving Mila in the closet myself.
One of the issues is the constant bickering between her community, you have to expect it but it is constant. That isn't to say even with that people haven't been helpful and shared! JeffCore and DrDogg provided a lot and I took from what they'd done as best I could and mixed it with my own (honestly incorrect use of her, I like to fight from the back foot).

As I noted, being around here did make me feel uncomfortable a lot of the time, the Mila section isn't really a friendly place at times. I became a bit like that myself and so apologies for many stupid things that I've said.

I shall still dabble and if I come across anything I haven't seen posted I'll jot it down for others to play with, see if it has any use.

I wont say goodbye but I shall say thank you to everyone for what they've shared and submitted to the Mila community. I hope people find a way to keep her as a bad ass in the future.

/BlitzOmen, contributor of very little, unmaining Mila.

DrDogg

#SellOuts

Did you really miss the numerous times I've stated that I'm not playing the game (at all)? I'm not changing characters, I'm done with the game.

I'm leaving Mila in the closet myself.
One of the issues is the constant bickering between her community, you have to expect it but it is constant. That isn't to say even with that people haven't been helpful and shared! JeffCore and DrDogg provided a lot and I took from what they'd done as best I could and mixed it with my own (honestly incorrect use of her, I like to fight from the back foot).

As I noted, being around here did make me feel uncomfortable a lot of the time, the Mila section isn't really a friendly place at times. I became a bit like that myself and so apologies for many stupid things that I've said.

I shall still dabble and if I come across anything I haven't seen posted I'll jot it down for others to play with, see if it has any use.

I wont say goodbye but I shall say thank you to everyone for what they've shared and submitted to the Mila community. I hope people find a way to keep her as a bad ass in the future.

/BlitzOmen, contributor of very little, unmaining Mila.

The bickering is an issue with the DOA community. Everyone thinks they're right and no one wants to admit that they might not understand the game as well as they think they do. Even I'm guilty of that.

You shouldn't quit Mila just because of the debate going on in this forum.

I'd suppose they don't like getting hit by frame trapping lows on hit. 1p is still +2 even though it's not a big deal and 2p is +1. There's also 4KT2P which still puts her at +14 which is actually the biggest threat so that opens up options like Feint P and Feint K. Regardless it's still guessing.

I'm just used to DOA4, not that I liked guessing, it just doesn't bother me as much anymore because the rage for that aspect has dwindled especially since I'm trying to get really good at FG's.

I haven't tested it at all, but can you 2P to interrupt after blocking 4K~tackle? With the nerfed frame data I'm thinking it may be possible to 2P before Mila can do anything (assuming you block 4K).

TakedaZX

Did you really miss the numerous times I've stated that I'm not playing the game (at all)? I'm not changing characters, I'm done with the game.

The bickering is an issue with the DOA community. Everyone thinks they're right and no one wants to admit that they might not understand the game as well as they think they do. Even I'm guilty of that.

You shouldn't quit Mila just because of the debate going on in this forum.

I haven't tested it at all, but can you 2P to interrupt after blocking 4K~tackle? With the nerfed frame data I'm thinking it may be possible to 2P before Mila can do anything (assuming you block 4K).
I thought we already had established that. 4kth is just a better way of approaching than going raw 66TH since it does put them in SOME sort of a block stun but you're welcome to approach how you please, if you ever come back to this game.

Maybe TN will have listened to the competitive HLP's by then.

Something-Unique

The truth about Mila is this....

Starting from the most negligible nerfs to the most significant nerfs.

1. 6P -3F change has dropped the critical state post SE from +25 to +22. This means she can no longer link 6H+K or 33P from 6P stun if ur opponent SE's fast enough. Limiting her to 9K or 6P+K (threshold purposes). This is no big deal because she still has 3P and 6P+K that stun deep enough for all launchers which serves the same purpose. Plus P6P remains +25.

The bigger issue from the 6P -3F nerf is that it botched her combo 6P, 3PP, 6PP. In most situations it doesn't work anymore unless its against lightweights. It used to work against middleweights but that's a no go now. This combo was essential post low P counter to maximize damage if you weren't going for P6P, P+K, 2T from the same situation against middleweights.

Even so, this nerf is negligible at best but worth pointing out.

2. 4K -3F change has stripped her of her un-interruptable 4KTHP frame trap. The purpose of this was to help keep your opponent honest against 2T'ing against 4KT as well as using attacks that happened to beat out that particular OH trap. 4KTHP still serves that purpose but it can now be interrupted. This means the one good string series she had has more risk and the other optional mixups from it are even more ugh.... Also i12 2P's beat out both options as well as i13 2P's but its distance dependent.

3. The "damage relocation changes" she has received to her ground mounts is a significant nerf compared to the above. 10+10+30 is not good if the opponent escapes the 3rd hit because the meat of the damage is on that 3rd hit. The impact of this change is bigger than it seems because of the universal health nerf. To fail before the 3rd hit hurts in the damage race and opting to let your opponent escape on purpose now is foolish. The +5 damage buff on her mounts does not outweigh the above at all. Also worth noting is that the +5 damage buff does not apply to her "Mid K Hold" as the damage values remain the same.

4. SST -5 change is another significant nerf. This is because as it stands the tool is broken in that it no longer functions as intended. Intelligent use against post block strings rewarded reflexes and reaction in the past. This is no longer the case as regardless of proper reflexes and reaction, strings will flat out beat it with ease now because it comes out to slow. For example Gen Fu's 6PP Pre-patch could be interrupted during the 2nd P with Mila's SST. Post-patch it loses to the 2nd P. This is just "one of a dozen examples" in which it doesn't function as intended anymore. Her SST might as well have been removed from the game as there is no point in using it as opposed to SSP now just like the rest of the characters in the game.

5. The biggest and most Mila breaking nerf is a result of the universal system change to the ground game and how it turned Mila's most important tool with the most uses P+K into complete garbage with zero uses in it's current state. If your thinking well so what it was a universal nerf think again as a number of characters still have their ground game bullshit that Mila does not.

For those that are not looking at the bigger picture this means.....

1. She can no longer combo into TD from all her setups. This is the biggest nerf imo as she had tons of flexible options because of it and it led to her highest damaging options. For example after her Low P Hold she could get 114 with P6P, P+K, 2P or 3PP, KP, 2T (JF like timing) for 138. In her current sate 88 is her best unless its against lightweights.

2. Because of this she has received a "signifcant damage nerf" all around. Kind of mentioned above.

3. It has stripped her of options/versatility. For example she used to be able to 1 hit into launch and go into P+K, 2T for 96. For example 6P, 9K, P+K, 2T for 96 or 6P, 33P/6H+K as well but linking P+K from those launchers only worked on a fair amount but not all characters. This is no longer possible.

4. CH P+K used to lead into 6P, P+K, 2T for a right out of the gate 98 potential damage. This is not possible anymore.

5. Her Force Tech is weaker now due to the -8 damage nerf with the P+K removed. Between that and the universal health nerf the risk reward on the tech trap is unnecessary.

6. 7P, P+K threshold reset is no more but not only was it unneccesary in the grand scheme of Mila play all of the characters who had threshold resets had there's removed as well as far as I know.

With that said the truth about Mila is that she is still "strong" in her current state because of the universal health nerf which helps offset the damage nerf she received due to losing her mount option for all her combos. There is nothing unique about this character from the rest of the cast Post-patch though and she is now quite generic.

Something-Unique

Also I had forgot to mention the one nerf I do like. For me the nerf to her 1P is better because of the fact it leaves ur opponent directly in her face now and no longer pushes out. Its still a nerf but because of that I find it more useful.

It's also +2 and "+3" which wasn't listed in the notes. You get +2 or +3 depending on open stance or close stance.

TakedaZX

Ah that's some useful info. Just out of curiousity, everyone knows about the open and closed stance deal with 4H+K 3KK?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD