Modding Utilities & Apps Thread

The Enforcer

Thanks again for updating. That was quick. :) Added to first post.

I know I'm behind again on some updates. Haven't been modding in a while, but hopefully should catch a break to get the first page updated soon. :-/

Edit: 6/24/16 >> First Page Updated

Last edited:

SunoharaX

Hey gang! New to the site and had a question. A few pages back I see someone having trouble w/ LNK_Reshuffle and I am having the same issue. Not enough unused assets left. Has anyone found a solution yet or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated!

immi

Hey gang! New to the site and had a question. A few pages back I see someone having trouble w/ LNK_Reshuffle and I am having the same issue. Not enough unused assets left. Has anyone found a solution yet or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated!
sry, not solution for this yet.
check out Autolink though. That will allow you to add even more costumes ;)

Vex

not solution for this yet.
But we can except ---c files for most costumes, so 25% less file usage already. Also if u can pick a matching portrait and "set" it to a costume - u also have less file usage. And finally you may set other characters' costumes to a similar body.
Following are swapping perfectly.(between themselves)
Tina, Rachel, Helena, Sarah.
Kokoro, Hitomi, Pai, Mila, Nyo*.
Ayane, Kasumi, Phase.
With little issues you can set Leifang's to Christie.
With little issues you can set Naotora's to Honoka.
With little issues you can set Honoka's to Naotora.
Also don't use assets for "detailed" costumes. In most cases it'd be better to add costumes with 4 details to DLCU slots or with DLC tool.
P.S. I've managed to fill up all slots in my mod collection, If anyone wants it - send me a pm. I don't post link here because of some "these" costumes in it) But most are FSD's heroes works. Up to 09.06.2016.

Last edited:

immi

@Vex
good point
these tricks certainly help to make the number of available free assets last a bit longer

another possibility would to remove ("set to empty") the first H/HL from the official costumes. Since those just contain the same texture that already is in the TMC/L file, they are completely unnecessary. Then you can swap some more of your own files into these "freed" assets and use them elsewhere.

nebula

another month, another DLC, another update

lnk_reshuffle 5.3 (2016/06/21)

Download @zippyshare

changes:
- compatible with version 1.06p2

as usual, copy new dinput8.dll from doa++ folder into your game folder

Hi immi,

strange bug since i updated to 5.3... when i start your tool everything's ok but in game, mods are vanished.
if i put the dinput8.dll with this name - the game won't start
if i rename lnk_reshuffle.dll - the game starts, but there's no mods anymore...

.config file is ok, i just use sweetfx / no autolink.
Did i made somthing wrong ?

immi

strange bug since i updated to 5.3... when i start your tool everything's ok but in game, mods are vanished.
if i put the dinput8.dll with this name - the game won't start
can you post the content of your log file (mod.log)? Is game not starting at all? Or do you get some error message/ crash report ?

if i rename lnk_reshuffle.dll - the game starts, but there's no mods anymore...
you only need to rename it, if you use Autolink

nebula

Thanks for reply @immi.

Here's my log

dll version: 0.2.3
game dir: F:\DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round\
real dinput8 loaded: 6ADE0000
hmod: 008A0000
exe chksum: E9CDC93610C8911B764C82968D5EDA74
exe version: 1.02A
loading mod.config: F:\DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round\mod.config
mod fmt: 1
mod.config for version: 1.02A (exe:1.02A)
enable costume xtension ...

Indeed the game don't start if i place dinput8.dll in the game folder or i got this :

fd1d15de16.png

or (0xc0000142) error app message

i tried to backup but same...

Last edited:

immi

Here's my log
thx :)
seems I messed the support for the old version. I think I know where that happens and it's probably a simple fix.
I'll have a closer look later. Gotta go and watch some football first ;)

you might want to consider updating you game to a more recent version. I'm not testing things with these really old versions anymore, so mistakes like this can/will happen.

nebula

you might want to consider updating you game to a more recent version.

i have 2 installed version of the game 1.04 and as u saw 1.02A.
I still using 1.02 cuz this version still support Umod wich is a good tool for me to mod stages. It higlight details and it's very usefull - i'm actually working on retexturing some stages

Can i ask you if there's a way to import my mods.config from 1.02A to 1.04 ? like drag and drop some files or something ...?

In any case, thank you very much for your work and your support, if it 's too boring to fix, leave it like this, i'll find another way.
I'll have a closer look later. Gotta go and watch some football first ;)
Enjoy, i do the same right now :D

============edit===========
i backed up to 4.7 and everything works again ! -happy_happy-

Last edited:

Vex

Why do u need 1.04? It's very lacking compare to 1.05 and not supproting old programs like 1.02.
Jump from 1.02a to 1.05...

immi

i have 2 installed version of the game 1.04 and as u saw 1.02A.
I still using 1.02 cuz this version still support Umod wich is a good tool for me to mod stages. It higlight details and it's very usefull - i'm actually working on retexturing some stages

Can i ask you if there's a way to import my mods.config from 1.02A to 1.04 ? like drag and drop some files or something ...?
it should work to just copy the "mods" folder and the mod.config file
if you update beyond 1.04 (1.05 or 1.06) you need to run lnk_reshuffle once in the new installation to update the mod.config file.

skullknight

hey there guys, i want to ask about the c file edit tool, what does every letter do ? i know that the A letter puts a mask on the kitana mod, but the others dont know what they do. is there a letter that takes off earrings from a costume ?

bbb

hey there guys, i want to ask about the c file edit tool, what does every letter do ? i know that the A letter puts a mask on the kitana mod, but the others dont know what they do. is there a letter that takes off earrings from a costume ?

The letters represent the hairstyle. so in your example, you checked on A, which makes the mask appear on hairstyle A on the kitana mod.

@immi
Can you please upload it in 7z with a simple a password?
Because, windows and web browser's anti-virus block and delete the file immediately because of virus warning.
I tried all kinds of route and it failed except for android phone.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD