Mortal Kombat thread.

Jadeinchains

Sweetie idk how to tell you this but... it's not Ashrah. It's just Ash. They're adding Ash from The Evil Dead lmaoo
tumblr_inline_pamsoft24z1r5rol3_250.gif

Welp!
And here I thought it was...you know...An actual MK character rather than more 80's horror movie character guests. ( I'm a massive fan of horror movies btw but cmon lol why Is it always guest characters rather than MK characters? )
Guests are fine but not when they're like..half the dlc characters.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They have got to be kidding! D: I am in Kotal's second Time Tower and they want 75 additional fatalities and 75 additional brutalities before I can progress. This will take weeks.
Please tell me this will be one of the fixes for next week.

This game could be so awesome, one of the best fighters I have ever played, if the grindiness wasn't so egregious. This game basically demands you to play 24/7 to unlock stuff.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

They have got to be kidding! D: I am in Kotal's second Time Tower and they want 75 additional fatalities and 75 additional brutalites before I can progress. This will take weeks.
Please tell me this will be one of the fixes for next week.

This game could be so awesome, one of the best fighters I haver played, if the grindiness wasn't so egregious. This game basically demands you to play 24/7 to unlock stuff.
For real. Having a blast with the game, but as someone who doesn’t really like to grind for hours just to get (1) thing, this game is a nightmare lmao. That fix can’t come fast enough...

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Its... A bit shitty but it isnt THAT bad. That's reduced numbers. From what I hear at launch they wanted hundreds of them. If you want a no brainer way of getting the fatalities done tweak the AI settings in your character so that you have 30/30 in Rushdown and Combos then go to the really long towers in the middle of ToT. The AI will demolish itself for you and it will 99% of the time use a fatality at the end. That's like... 7 runs through the tower and you've got your fatalities done. Brutalities you will most likely have to do yourself.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Its... A bit shitty but it isnt THAT bad. That's reduced numbers. From what I hear at launch they wanted hundreds of them. If you want a no brainer way of getting the fatalities done tweak the AI settings in your character so that you have 30/30 in Rushdown and Combos then go to the really long towers in the middle of ToT. The AI will demolish itself for you and it will 99% of the time use a fatality at the end. That's like... 7 runs through the tower and you've got your fatalities done. Brutalities you will most likely have to do yourself.

It's that bad. That's 150 matches (75 ending with a fatality + 75 ending with a brutality) that I have to additionally do with Kotal just to be able to complete a character tower, for one skin I like. And Kotal isn't the only character. He's one of 5 characters that I like and that I would like to have more skins and gear for. For those I also have to absolve 150 additional matches in their towers. That's 750 matches!! Fatalities and brutalities I did before don't count and they only count if you are doing them in the Towers, not anywhere else in the game. If I at least could accumulate them over time in other modes as well. *sigh*

If NR's idea was that I will now play the game full-time for the next month then that was a dumb idea. I'll just give up on these stupid character towers. :/

Ninoasker

At this rate I'd just prefer them to change the way you get things so EVERYTHING is randomized (except the skins you get in story mode). Don't lock things behind X mode, let everything drop in EVERY mode. That way, you can choose the method of grinding you prefer the most and still be able to get everything you like for a character without having to go through literally every mode because every gear and skin is split between all the modes, and some of them need you to play a good amount of hours, and I'm sorry but even if I love MK and fighting games, I'm not gonna spend every free time I have in playing the same game just to grind lol. Reduce the amount of grind you need to get things and put a better store mode (the prices are absurd for the little amount of time krystals they give you) and MK11 will be perfect.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I believe there is a way to streamline the Brutal/Fatal grind I'll let you know if I find one. It's absolutely shitty but if it can be mitigated a bit that'd make it semi tolerable

Ninoasker

Oh by the way does someone have a complete guide for the Krypt? I got stuck after getting Kenshi’s headband and idk what to do next lol

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
So heres the thing. Classic towers count towards Character Tower requirements. I'm setting my AI up on Endless tower and cleaning my house while it gets me fatalities and brutalities and munnies

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So heres the thing. Classic towers count towards Character Tower requirements. I'm setting my AI up on Endless tower and cleaning my house while it gets me fatalities and brutalities and munnies

That's no way to play a game, letting the AI grind for you while you clean the house, lol. Also, you must be owning the PC version with mods or a special console controller, because it is not possible on regular consoles to let the AI play by itself for hours, you need to press the X button inbetween fights.

Jadeinchains

Hopefully they'll resolve certain issues to do with the grindiness of the game with the crypt, I mean they've already mentioned fixing certain issues like the towers of time and the randomness of the krypt and are giving us 500k so that's a start.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hopefully they'll resolve certain issues to do with the grindiness of the game with the crypt, I mean they've already mentioned fixing certain issues like the towers of time and the randomness of the krypt and are giving us 500k so that's a start.

It'll stay random and the 500k is a drop in the ocean with 600 chests in the krypt. Yesterday I found a chest for alone 80k, lol.

Jadeinchains

It'll stay random and the 500k is a drop in the ocean with 600 chests in the krypt. Yesterday I found a chest for alone 80k, lol.

Wait what?! 80k for one chest!!? The most expensive I'd found was like 14k so I imagined that was the sort of benchmark for the most expensive they'd be. I was going to ask what was in the 80k chest but I'm guessing you didn't open it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I was going to ask what was in the 80k chest but I'm guessing you didn't open it.

I actually did...

temples.gif

A single item called "blazing heart" and I was able to offer it at another spot in the krypt and I got like maybe 2000 (didn't pay full attention) or so souls for it. Souls are hard to come by, but I'm not sure it was worth it.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I use an Obsidian hitbox it has a turbo function that I turn on and weight down with something on the X. Its isnt a great option and I'm not saying it's how I play the game but if I need to do something else, like work, why not let the AI grind endless tower for me all day?

Jadeinchains

I actually did...

temples.gif

A single item called "blazing heart" and I was able to offer it at another spot in the krypt and I got like maybe 2000 (didn't pay full attention) or so souls for it. Souls are hard to come by, but I'm not sure it was worth it.

Oh wow lol I'm actually surprised you did! And I'd actually love 2000 souls right now! I need 2000 to get across that pit bridge in the krypt!!

Also I've been wondering I wonder if/when we'll get outfit/gear dlc for the game? MKX had outfit as well as character dlc so It's very likely. I don't know If they would but I'd love classic outfit dlc like Jade's MK9 outfit, Or her MK deception alt outfit, I always loved that outfit so much back then. ( and I still do now, You wish your fave had ox tail twintails ) I tried to look up pics of it but none were clear lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD