Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xhominid The Demon Within

I don't really see the hate for Chloe...I don't know how she plays or anything else past that picture, but of course Tekken fans would instantly go for the pandering route...oh who the fuck am I kidding? We did that shit for Marie Rose and Nyotengu so we ain't no different at this rate.

HHH816

So, this is kind of random, but a new character was just announced for Tekken 7 and all of the random comments I see are saying that she looks like a DOA character, but...

tekken7-luckychloe-dengeki-2.jpg

Does this look like a DOA character to anybody? At first, I was like, lolno. But, now that Marie Rose exists and moe pirate looms on the horizon... I dunno anymore, y'all. lol

brb, ordering tekken 7:eek:

Kronin

A pirate especially an anime loli pirate doesn't fit in this type of world

Putting aside that I don't think she is a loli, in general I agree with you but like I said in the other thread:

TN used that skull as a sort of symbol of the character (it's used in the date announcing her revelation), so it's possible that will end to be a key element for the character. Now this remain to see in what measure influence the character, after all the rose symbol of Marie Rose identify her just for the girl's name but hasn't deep meanings (at least for what we know so far).

By the way has also to be said that the symbol is not a simple skull but just a Jolly Roger one, something that often identify pirates. At the same time I doubt that TN will include really a pirate character on their own considering the backgorund of their universe (yes, even cyborgs, clones and tengu actually are fitting for the setting that they created with DoA and NG), so this eventuality IMO could be just an outcome of a collaboration with an external subject related to the anime works.

werewolfgold

Is she even a legitimate cat girl or just cosplaying because she sounds like an idol vocaloid. Jesus that design somehow made it more "moe" then Marie Rose with how much more blunt the pandering is LOL. Feels like Namco is trying to appease the otaku consumer demographic DoA most likely controls stronger. Zaibatsu Forums must be going ape shit right now. I'm tempted to go check with my popcorn.
The paws are her jacket. It's just an outfit. I stopped by Zaibatsu. It's pretty much the same as everywhere else. The general consensus of the internet seems to be "NOPE". lol

lotr9690

Yeah I know haha, but I don't know, based on the small hint we got, I feel like she will be the "annoying young brat who breaks people's nuts with her attacks and her attitude".

Is there actually a anime stereotype for that ?

YES, actually! But I feel it's more of an archetype than a stereotype... the emasculating young girl is a trope in anime. An example might be Kokoa Shuzen from Rosario + Vampire. If someone already said this, I apologize, my notifications just shove me to this page and I haven't looked at the 2 or so other pages. Disregard this message if it has become irrelevant lol

David Gregg

So are tekken and DOA just in an endless loop of trying to rip each other off now or what?

From a design point maybe but it does seem to be a trend nowadays. It seems like a lot more blonde and anime-looking girls are being added to fighters than in the past. Look at SSB there was a significant jump in female fighters including Rosalina, Lucina and Palutena. I think it's to appeal to a wider audience.

Chapstick

A tweet with TN responding to Harada?

確かに公開当初「リリーの妹」と言われてました…。ちなみに本気で受け取ってしまった人がいるようです…。皆さん、クロエちゃんとマリーは姉妹じゃないですよ!"@Harada_TEKKEN: マリーローズが発表されたときは散々「リリコンセプトだ!」って海外中心に騒がれてたろ(笑)"

This is the EXTREMELY rough google translation-

It had been certainly published originally referred to as the "Lily of the sister" .... By the way, it seems there are people who had received in earnest .... Everyone, Chloe-chan and Marie is not a sister! "Harada_TEKKEN: When Marie Rose has been announced to braze been making noise abroad center What terrible"! 'S release concept "(laughs)"

@werewolfgold I know you get like 5 translation requests a day but this one seems juicy and google didn't really help

werewolfgold

A tweet with TN responding to Harada?

確かに公開当初「リリーの妹」と言われてました…。ちなみに本気で受け取ってしまった人がいるようです…。皆さん、クロエちゃんとマリーは姉妹じゃないですよ!"@Harada_TEKKEN: マリーローズが発表されたときは散々「リリコンセプトだ!」って海外中心に騒がれてたろ(笑)"

This is the EXTREMELY rough google translation-

It had been certainly published originally referred to as the "Lily of the sister" .... By the way, it seems there are people who had received in earnest .... Everyone, Chloe-chan and Marie is not a sister! "Harada_TEKKEN: When Marie Rose has been announced to braze been making noise abroad center What terrible"! 'S release concept "(laughs)"

@werewolfgold I know you get like 5 translation requests a day but this one seems juicy and google didn't really help
Yeah, sure I got this one.

Harada: "When Marie Rose was released, everyone overseas was making a fuss like "That's totally a Lili concept!", right? lol
Team Ninja: "I certainly did hear things like "Lili's little sister"... By the way, it seems like there are people actually took it seriously... Everyone, Chloe-chan and Marie are not sisters."

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
eh really? I thought the whole breakdance style kicks and capoeira was sorta like Lisa?
Well, Lisa practices lucha libre, not capoeira.
You could make the argument that some of the motions are kinda similar, but you can make a similar argument for really any two fighting styles. Lisa's feels distinctly different from Lucky Charms', to me.

KwonJigglypuff

Like someone said, I wouldn't be surprised if the new babe were some sort of anime-like cosplayer, who likes to wear disguises. Like in Sakura Magical Girl, when in every episode she wears a different costume just for fun.
Her main costume would be a pirate costume, but then she could have a belly dancer costume (based on the one in the costume contest for Marie-Rose), etc.

"I'm fighting for the love of carnivaaaaaal"

> unlimited fetish/DLC ideas
> enough to define a personality I guess...

Not something I'd personally want, but wouldn't be surprised....
Is it common in animes to have characters who like to dress often or wear a different identity all the time ? Remember she says "don't tell anyone".

I wonder what her secret is. Or maybe she's Donovan's daughter (and Rig's young sister) who's fighting for justice, against her father's will. Again, that would be enough to make a story for that character as a fighter.

"I won't follow your unethical path daddy, only Loyalty is guiding me."
tumblr_inline_mkiagj6Awo1qz4rgp.jpg

Well, Marie-Rose doesn't really have a purpose/story for the moment, it's still a mystery, so it should be the same for her for the moment.

Last edited:

Kronin

Like someone said, I wouldn't be surprised if the new babe were some sort of anime-like cosplayer, who likes to wear disguises. Like in Sakura Magical Girl, when in every episode she wears a different costume just for fun.
Her main costume would be a pirate costume, but then she could have a belly dancer costume (based on the one in the costume contest for Marie-Rose), etc.

Actually I really like the concept (liking it or less, the potential of the character for unique and not generic outfits would be enormous if well executed), but this should force the developers to use similar outfits ideas only for this girl and not as DLC packs, so I don't know if they will go with it.

So far the canon outfits for all the characters are gladly always remained a peculiarity to them: you don' see ninja outfits on other characters outside the shinobi, exactly how military ones outside from Bayman and Leon to an extent, gothic ones outside from Marie Rose (that actually should get more of them) and so on... For TN to create a similar cosplayer character automatically would make all her special outfits unique to her, so with the impossibility to re-use similar ideas to other characters (and in the eventuality that she is cosplaying as a pirate, they would have gone already against this "rule" with the released Halloween outfits for Eliot, Brad, Ein and Gen Fu).

Brute

Standard Donor
Nyo and Kokoro have almost 0 novelty in their default costumes (I think "novelty" or "exclusivity" is what you're addressing, rather than "peculiarity," though that would also apply here, as well).

Both are incredibly generic, and don't feel uniquely representative of their respective character at all. Jann Lee gets a similar treatment, with his "baggy pants, no shirt and butt sash" being associated just as strongly with Hayate and Hayabusa.

Kronin

I don't know, both Kokoro and Nyotengu want be in someway representative of the old traditions/folklore of the Japan (not the shinobi because they are treated as a world apart in the series), and their C1 is something that want indicated just this: in the game there are other kimono - or similar traditional JPN outfits - dressed from Kasumi, Akira or Hayate, but without doubt the crown for the most detailed and with a particular reason behind are the ones of the two girls.

Then I agree that Team NINJA could do something more, aka a geisha make-up over Kokoro's C1 and overall something more close to the tengu folklore for Nyotengu - as already did for Bankotsubo or the tengu in NGS2 - instead of the Orian theme (that anyway recall the old japanese world, woman courtesan and sensuality), however I see in both of them a reasoning behind for being attribuited as main outfits of the 2 girls.

Brute

Standard Donor
IMO Kokoro should have kept her C1 as it was in DOA4, much like Hayate and Ayane.

Nyo is just... mmm...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD