• Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crapoZK

Standard Donor
1.) Honoka is a bad good idea. She will have different frame data, shorter range and damage output will be different. She also has 2 stances with unique attacks or strings that we haven't seen yet.
2.) As generic as Honoka is, DOA has not had a schoolgirl archetype before. This is a first.
3.) Raidou takes SOME moves from other characters. SOME. He has a full 'unique' move list behind him, and he doesn't play like how he did in DOA1. Raidou isn't the literal Mokujin of DOA like how he was in DOA1.
4.) Honoka is definitely the most fluid mimic character in any fighting game ever. She doesn't get a fighting style per round, she gets moves and stances from a selected amount of characters, and she puts a twist on them.
5.) Her version of Zack's 6KK is faster than is, and she doesn't stay in the air as long. Her version of Jann Lee's PPP6P is slower than his. The speed reminds me of Pai's PPPK.

Obviously, I would have preferred Salad to have an entirely unique moveset, but I also like the twist that TN put on the mimic outlook, and made her a flashy-combo-character-mix-up-god-tier-character.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_nhrkhsoKIT1tfp06vo1_400.gif

I am so excited to see the new character. i haven't touched DOA in so long i can't wait now. So happy. Thank you for giving me something to spend my money on finally.

P.S. i've missed you all. Mali is back now
Welcome back, Mali

lotr9690

You know how in other fighters you can pick which moves to copy from other fighters on to one fighter?
.... meh. I don't hate her. But I'm not sure I'll use her. Her breasts are a bit too big. They look inflated and distracting. And off-putting.

I do want to see more of her though! So that's something.

David Gregg

I'm still confused about the "rock-paper-scissors" pic. Are they just being funny (since it does look like Honoka is playing the game) or is this that part of the moveset we haven't seen yet? o_O

sci.jpg

Argentus

Mechanically, there's nothing actually wrong with her. The real issues are

A) that's what we already have Raidou for.
B) her design is bland disheartening.
C) her voice could crack concrete.

So yeah, we can make her work from a gameplay perspective, but she's just such a g cup full of unnecessary disappointment.

There is literally no reason for her beyond them wanting to make a girl with even bigger boobs.

Also, that moment when you realize that even though they remade Raidou, they STILL just made a gender swapped Raidou instead of making a new character.

Seriously, if they were that hell bent on her they shouldn't have even bothered with Raidou.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
The rage on her is going to be two fold. the first level is her and her very generic character archetype and the second layer is when we actually get her in the lab. If I saw correctly she has Zack's sway and Helena's bokuho as well as some of Hitomi and Jann Lee's moves. The second coming of the Honoka rage will be glorious to behold.

Also MASSIVE shoutouts to Team Ninja for reading this forum and deciding to troll the shit out of it anyways.

squarewindow

Standard Donor
I haven't read every page of this thread to see whether this has already been mentioned, but the end of the reveal trailer shows a glimpse of her preorder DLC swimsuit, and, in keeping with the rest of her, it seems to be a lazy half-assed effort. Looks like a palette swap for Kokoro's preorder costume.

newchallengers.jpg

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Wait what
@EMPEROR_COW : Can we have Miss Monday, tone this erotica shit down and possibly get better netcode?

Team Ninja: Fuck you Nigga!!
DoA5_LR_honoka_BT_03.jpg

@Forlorn Penguin : Can I have my boy tengu back?

Team Ninja: suck my dick bitch
doa5-last-round-honoka-seche-les-cours-ME3050389269_1.jpg

@Yurlungur :Can I have a chick with some pants please

Team Ninja: *singing* These nuts in your mouth :)
tumblr_ngfc01XKBB1tbcnq4o2_500.jpg

Since Itagaki left the game has from a competitive standpoint gotten MUCH better but the trolling tactics have turned into a martial art.

Macca Beam

That's my favorite part about them, to be honest. Crying does nothing.

Sorry to break up the discussion here but in that Honoka vs marie vid, the damage seemed very high? Do you think life may be lowered back to 270 for last round?
Marie's damage looks the same to me. Honoka seems to hit like a truck though.
Nah I play at Smallest gauge so I'm not one to talk lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD