DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

You and your love for girls with short hair Aregentus...;)

It helps that she's a dead ringer for the female Ghost Rider too

1911890-gr1.jpg

latest

tumblr_nlnsdjlfOA1rz9pzoo4_540.jpg

11675157.jpg

Argentus

I like the third picture, she looks very stylish and badass. She reminds me of Christie though.

Speaking of Christie, do you like her Argentus ?
I liked her back in 3. I like her more in lr with the businesswoman cut but hate fighting against her hate her modern characterization and she's not my style to use though I try her here and there

Though I don't see how you get Christie out of those ghost rider images. Like at ALL. :S

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I liked her back in 3. I like her more in lr with the businesswoman cut but hate fighting against her hate her modern characterization and she's not my style to use though I try her here and there

Though I don't see how you get Christie out of those ghost rider images. Like at ALL. :S

That look on her face (3rd picture) reminds me of her, she looks sadistic and mean. The "death" theme is interesting as well, since Christie has always be seen as a death riper of DOA, through her quote and her attitude. Also, the fact that Christie is a huge fan of racing (driving cars is her hobbie, she looked stunning in that Deep Purple driving suit back in DOAD) reminds me of the character you posted. Just give her white hair and the same haircut, and you'll have an amazing DLC costume for Christie. :)

Argentus

That look on her face (3rd picture) reminds me of her, she looks sadistic and mean. The "death" theme is interesting as well, since Christie has always be seen as a death riper of DOA, through her quote and her attitude. Also, the fact that Christie is a huge fan of racing (driving cars is her hobbie, she looked stunning in that Deep Purple driving suit back in DOAD) reminds me of the character you posted. Just give her white hair and the same haircut, and you'll have an amazing DLC costume for Christie. :)
That completely loses its effect because Christie hunches low to the ground instead of standing tall.

Then again that's the problem with a lot of dlc costumes: they are designed with the characters posing standing up, which very few of them actually do in game and the costumes look terrible when they're actually in combat.

Like the only girls who stand straight are what, Mila and Ayane?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Then again that's the problem with a lot of dlc costumes: they are designed with the characters posing standing up, which very few of them actually do in game and the costumes look terrible when they're actually in combat.

Something I mostly notice with Helena. All the Helena fanboys out there always want her in the most elegant and delicate dresses, for example as a ballerina (super popular in each costume contest!), though it doesn't fit her fighting style (and body type) at all. Her fighting style feels heavy, low, strong and slow. Bass would be better suited to wear a tutu! XD

Argentus

Something I mostly notice with Helena. All the Helena fanboys out there always want her in the most elegant and delicate dresses, for example as a ballerina (super popular in each costume contest!), though it doesn't fit her fighting style (and body type) at all. Her fighting style feels heavy, low, strong and slow. Bass would be better suited to wear a tutu! XD
Yeah Helena (and Christie to a lesser extent) is the absolute worst, with most of her dlc costumes being a clipping nightmare due to her bokuho stance

Banana56

Do you think they may reveal this character next month. When Marie Rose, Phase 4, and NyoTengu were officially revealed it was for the arcade version and then they'd come out to the console version 3/4 months later. Perhaps the same will go for this new character along with their stage.

TOBMAST3R

Everything is possible, but I think, they are going to reveal a new Season Pass first, making some announcements for a new Patch and after that, the new character will be announced.

Kronin

Do you think they may reveal this character next month. When Marie Rose, Phase 4, and NyoTengu were officially revealed it was for the arcade version and then they'd come out to the console version 3/4 months later. Perhaps the same will go for this new character along with their stage.

I believe that they have never stated if the new character in Spring will come on console and personally I believe that they have always meant such announcement for the arcade version (so Spring is not the character release date for PS4/Xbox One and PC(??) owners, at the most the end of the season).

KwonJigglypuff

I believe that they have never stated if the new character in Spring will come on console and personally I believe that they have always meant such announcement for the arcade version (so Spring is not the character release date for PS4/Xbox One and PC(??) owners, at the most the end of the season).

Oh crap, didn't think about that.

So, if they want the character to be exclusive to Arcade for months (for beta testing and to promote the arcade version), it could take some time...

lotr9690

I hope it's a new male -- a fan service-y male. A male with more than 12 costumes. Without recolored costume meshes. Not like "super sexy" or whatever -- of course, I don't mind if he's sexy. It's not really important to me. I'm just so bored of the "new character: generic girl" thing. If they put out a male DLC character, he should get the treatment the other DLC characters got. Obviously... far-fetched of me to say. I've been a fan for almost over 20 years and I've never gotten any level of fan service resembling what fans-of-the-females receive... Well... I mean... we can say the same thing for Lisa/Helena/Christie fans. Actually, no. Lisa's situation is not like Helena/Christie... Lisa's one of the guys, lol. She gets nothing. She's easily one of the best characters - gameplay wise. We don't need another girl competing for attention -- in DOA6. Lisa and the rest of the guys have a tough enough time as it is.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I don't care if they're arcade exclusive I just want to see them

on the other hand If we go past the Battle Royal grand finals of this and I don't see even a glimpse of them this is likely going to be me

image.jpeg

Alternativly they could satisfy me by coming out and saying its a male. Not saying all their female characters in the future will be bad, but it would certainly refuel the hype as people tried to figure out just what the hell they are making. as long as it's an assumed female everyone has around the same expectations. if it was a guy that would throw a wrench into a lot of theories

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD