DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 13

Well it technically already started. I remember one sued another because of demonstration mode. Don't think anybody sued on obvious rip off designs like with what Capcom/SNK did with each other.

Banana56

I had a dream that the new character was a young girl (yeah with a MR type of look and body) with short light blue spikey hair. She was pale and seemed to have a emotionless personality. She also walked around with some mini flying creature.

She actually looked pretty interesting.
ng3-char-mizuki.jpg

latest

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I like Mizuki (in terms of design and everything), but if she's not in NG4, I'd rather have a new original DOA character based on the same idea. She's not very iconic or popular. NG fans already have Rachel and Momiji.

I want new characters!

Me want Kasumi

I think after the Tastunoko costume pack (seeing as it's the last costume pack for this season) there will be a tease for the new character. Maybe they'll be shown at the end of the next costume pack trailer similar to how Honoka was teased on the end of the pre order swimsuit trailer.

04_lastround.jpg

Kronin

I think after the Tastunoko costume pack (seeing as it's the last costume pack for this season) there will be a tease for the new character. Maybe they'll be shown at the end of the next costume pack trailer similar to how Honoka was teased on the end of the pre order swimsuit trailer.

04_lastround.jpg

Actually the last DLC pack for the Season Pass 2 was the Schoolgirl Strikers Mashup pack, while Tatsunoko was generically indicated for being released in this Winter (for this reason I believe that at December we will get a Christmas Pack as the previous years, while the Tatsunoko outfits in January or February).

Kzy5j1C.jpg

However I agree that the new character will be very likely included with the purchase of the 3rd Season Pass and so - like TN stated in one of their comments on FB some days ago - soon we should get some new hints about its coming in Spring. Even my bet is that this will happen when it will start the promotion of the next Season Pass.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
you know these recent transforming costumes reminded me something DOA could do that would satisfy multiple requirements.

something interest, that doesn't break the counter system, and could still give us a good looking gal or guy

cause we need to get it from somewhere and the original source is unlikely

Banana56

you know these recent transforming costumes reminded me something DOA could do that would satisfy multiple requirements.

something interest, that doesn't break the counter system, and could still give us a good looking gal or guy

cause we need to get it from somewhere and the original source is unlikely

This would be a really interesting idea. I can see TN doing something like this, especially since they said it was something they never done before.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I keep shuffling it in my head and thinking Miss Monday is just perfect for the spot.

She has the attitude and the story to back her up and the flexibility to have a funky aggressive style.

Her hairstyle is would look awesome too.

One can only dream...

I hope it's a unique character along the same lines of Marie Rose and not a retread similar to every other character we've seen added via DLC. A new male character would be nice. I would not want to see Sanji (who would definitely be an adult at the current point in DoAs timeline) or Shiden or Genra as they'd be too similar to styles we've already seen. This is coming from someone who's generally always used ninjas.
I don't see Marie Rose as unique. More so creepy as many in Japan love Lolis so they decided to put one in the game. I seriously don't want to see anything like her again. Even gameplay wise I don't see anything special about her. Even character wise I find her annoying but that's just me. I really don't think we need new characters at this point. I much rather see more depth added to the current roster.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't see Marie Rose as unique. More so creepy as many in Japan love Lolis so they decided to put one in the game. I seriously don't want to see anything like her again. Even gameplay wise I don't see anything special about her. Even character wise I find her annoying but that's just me. I really don't think we need new characters at this point. I much rather see more depth added to the current roster.
If your name is any indication, I don't see how a loli is much of a stretch for you....TBH.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not what I meant by "unique." Model, voice, movelist. She isn't like other characters. The observation was related to every other DLC character being a retread of some kind. I'm a gameplay guy.

Also, don't stereotype. More people outside of Japan are into loli characters than inside if I had to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD