DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WisperG

This game still doesn't have a dere type character (or does it). Maybe the next character whether female or male will be the firs
5ojVmEv.jpg

Ayane is our Tsundere, especially around Eliot. I guess a few would be fine, but we don't really need a bunch of characters that conform to the usual anime personality labels, although I'm sure such DLC characters would probably be quite popular, especially in Japan.

WAZAAAAA

I don't know what's going on there but it looks pretty awesome. Does changing the environment have a practical effect?
That's the boss fight vs Tengu in the game Dead or Alive Ultimate 2. When Tengu feels like he has enough space and frame advantage he will perform the stage change but only in Story Mode.

Practical effects:
-waste time like with taunts
-blind the screen with the white transition
-change stage to a slippery one (the snowy one)
-and the most important one: badassery overflow

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That's the boss fight vs Tengu in the game Dead or Alive Ultimate 2. When Tengu feels like he has enough space and frame advantage he will perform the stage change but only in Story Mode.

Practical effects:
-waste time like with taunts
-blind the screen with the white transition
-change stage to a slippery one (the snowy one)
-and the most important one: badassery overflow

It would of been an enjoyable stage if there was a stage that just changes like that. (Not a character version, but just changes out of the blue.) Probably would of been too random.

Argentus

It would of been an enjoyable stage if there was a stage that just changes like that. (Not a character version, but just changes out of the blue.) Probably would of been too random.
It could have been set to change every thirty seconds on a set seasonal cycle of spring>summer>fall>winter>spring and people would still cry that its "random"

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It could have been set to change every thirty seconds on a set seasonal cycle of spring>summer>fall>winter>spring and people would still cry that its "random"

30 seconds seems a bit odd due to the general rules having 60 seconds as the default. I'd say perhaps every 15-20 seconds possibly? that is a good one though.

Juihau

Honestly, I'm just expecting a female moeblob. Seems like the most logical thing to expect. Though, at the very least, I feel rather certain they're not gonna try the whole "biggest boobs in the series" thing again, since they literally just did that. I do have a couple things I'd like to see, though.

If she's female
I'd like to see a girl with a real...Rock-ish feel to her. Maybe with, like, shoulder-length black hair with assymetrical red bangs, kinda like what Kim Richards has. The bangs, I mean, not the length. A wardrobe with a focus on darker colors, red and black in particular, and maybe have her be a sort of milder Blood Knight. That is to say, she loves to fight. Not for competition or anything, she just loves the thrill of fighting somebody. DoA has a lot of characters who fight because they enjoy competition, or want to show their prowess, or look up to somebody, but not really anyone who fights because they just like to fight. Except Honoka, oddly enough.

I can't really think of anything in particular I'd like if he's a guy, though... What if they gave Eliot a guy friend, though? The only one he has that sort of relationship with is from a different generation entirely.

Also, I know I'm a bit late on this, but I'd still like to point it out.
i was wondering why that old bag was allowed in that series, guess that explains it. didn't make sense for someone not being fap material being in a game all about fapping.
She's still playable in her old lady form, and her younger form doesn't actually show up at all until the tail end of the story.

Argentus

30 seconds seems a bit odd due to the general rules having 60 seconds as the default. I'd say perhaps every 15-20 seconds possibly? that is a good one though.
I was more mocking how people cry "random" even when things are so predictable they're basically clockwork, but yeah lol.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I feel rather certain they're not gonna try the whole "biggest boobs in the series" thing again, since they literally just did that. I do have a couple things I'd like to see, though.

Well, there are always even bigger boobs...
ebbf4e21129d84d0be8157c0fd67f47c1225672830_full.jpg

Last edited:

Juihau

...If this becomes some freaky situation where boob sizes keep escalating like DBZ power levels and each new girl is the "biggest," I'm just gonna be done. That's it.

TOBMAST3R

I've been playing DOAD for weeks now, and Genra's moveset and stance are very interesting. But are people ready to see weapons in DOA?

Well, I would say "yes". He is a "special character" to DOA like Yoshimitsu / Kunimitsu are in TEKKEN. We accept, that Raidou has a projectile, so we could accept at least one fighter with a weapon. If not, we (or the people who dislike him) can easily put him out of the roster. :genre:

Edit: About his move set - TN could create some new moves for him or rework some of his moves (more usage of his weapon)

Number 13

I've been playing DOAD for weeks now, and Genra's moveset and stance are very interesting. But are people ready to see weapons in DOA?
Considering we have clone characters and mimic characters already yes someone like Genra would be a fresh experience for a character that existed in DoA before. I don't even care if he gets the Nyotengu treatment and has tits. That move-list/playstyle + further potential if TN bothered to do anything more then just a straight copy/paste would make it a shame if it was never brought over in some form in DoA 5.

SpaceTime

Just Watch it end up being Shun Di from VF, So Team Ninja can tie the storylines of DOA and VF together by using Shun Di's VF4 /VF5 story line to link Shun Di to Brang Wong... here is Shun Di's storyline straight from VF5(Vanilla) PS3 Manual

"Shun had entered the Fourth World Fighting Tournament to look for his young student who had been abducted by J6. Hoping that he would find useful information by fighting his way through the competition, Shun fought with uncharacteristic energy, and made it to the final round. But he was unable to find anything, and the tournament ended with Dural's intrusion into the final round. Shun returned to his quiet life of retirement, and when he was almost ready to give up, an invitation arrived for the Fifth World Fighting Tournament, and the sender's name was that of his missing student. Shun enters the fifth tournament, determined to discover the truth behind his student's mysterious disappearance."

LOL

SpaceTime

All Joking aside I want it be Lei Fei as I think he would be a monster in DOA5 (more on that later) but I have my doubts of it being a VF character all together but if was going to be one it would probably be either Aoi or Eileen because according to an interview with Yosuke Hayashi (Dead Or Alive 5 Producer) he said that some of the team wanted to add Aoi or Eileen to DOA5U but Yosuke threw his weight around to make sure Jacky got into the game instead as Jacky was his main back when he played VF2.

KwonJigglypuff

I personnally predict either Ms Monday + Destroyed Lab OR Genra's inheritor + Aerial Gardens. The second option being the best one, but also the least likely.

Or... Maybe it will be Ms Monday with Genra's moveset (fighting with a serynge instead of a sword). Joke character of course. I wouldn't be surprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD