DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ratio isn't super terrible, no. But, it's not exactly ignorant logic. I think that people wouldn't bring that up so much if TN didn't treat the male characters like after-thoughts or nuisances so much. It's not like they're not about to put out another side game that removes all the male characters (minus one, unplayable). Usually for other games, it's kind of everyone who's not the main character that gets neglected. lol

For example, these are all of DOA5UA's ad posters at the arcade.

I mean, it's pretty clear who TN wants to focus on. Even other games that have majority male characters, like SF, Guilty Gear, or Tekken have either a complete group shot or individual posters of all the characters to advertise their game. But (maybe as a direct result of their costume practices), DOA5 gives off an air of "Wait, there are male characters?" when they advertise. It's not even equal to the ratio of men to women in the game. And because costume unlocking is directly tied to how much you play in the arcade, it could be said that they're actually incentivizing playing a female character over a male character. And then I'm sure they'll turn around and say something like "character usage percentages show that no one uses the male characters", not mentioning that they put their thumb on the scale...

Other games don't give you that feeling in the other direction. TN is just special in that regard. There are a few game that literally have nothing but female characters. But, TN's doesn't yet they act like it. There is not a single advertisement with any male character on it, not even Hayabusa. Frickin' Hayabusa is not considered to be an advertising draw.

Anyway, I think that the fact that people often think the men can just be removed without consequence is a separate issue from the number of them actually in the game. That feeling isn't our fault, it's TN's fault. After all, DOA still managed to be "the game about the women with the jiggle physics" long before the women outnumbered the men. TN wants it to be that way.

(There would be consequences, by the way. I'd be pretty pissed. Ayane may be my best character. But, other ones like Ryu, Leon, and Zack still get use.)

this is my favorite fsd post

SoftCabbage

"This fan base is boring!"
Like fuck you want a tenetical monster? XD Complete the DOA hentai fantasy of yours? Lol but I would like a monster, maybe Nine tails like Kyubi from Warriors Orochi?
latest

Female humanoid monster with 9 frontal tentacle dicks confirmed.

Marie Rose fans be wet.

Dark-truth

Yeah lol. If you ever thought Eliot loving milk was suggestive of homosexuality, the fact that Christie tells him to "drink it all up" makes it pretty much impossible for even the most heterosexual manly man not to instantly receive a mental picture of Eliot with clear white liquid dripping down his chin.
Eliotloves_Milk.jpg

Also, Marie Rose loves milk too. That makes it even worse XD
XD yeah but marie is a thot

Dark-truth

Well the girls I've known to dress like this generally didn't like guys as much as girls. Mila's always given off a lesbian vibe to me, I think she was TN's failed attempt to appeal to SJWs. And Rig, idk. Can't see him with a girl
rig is gay lol his losing pose is doggy style literally XD

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
TN has good technical and design staff, but in terms of general art and creative output, they've been stale from day 1. This is evident in their visually stale level design to the point that they had to bring back levels from older games, their general soundtrack which caused people to just ask for older osts from past games and their general character design which was realistic in the early days of DOA5 but ended up with archetypical characters to the point that an old creative boss design from past games was replaced by an oiran prostitute and another character that looks like some random convention cosplayer. Oh wait, there's two of them now.

Hey, there's even more evidence like the fact that each year there is a contest where fans have do the work of the creative art department and there have been multiple crossover and outside artists commissioned to design costumes for this game.

For a series that avoided clones with the exception of bosses, we now have four clone characters in the game.

This game is really fun and balanced but I still can't not point out this team's obvious flaw when it comes to creativity in general.

Argentus

TN has good technical and design staff, but in terms of general art and creative output, they've been stale from day 1. This is evident in their visually stale level design to the point that they had to bring back levels from older games, their general soundtrack which caused people to just ask for older osts from past games and their general character design which was realistic in the early days of DOA5 but ended up with archetypical characters to the point that an old creative boss design from past games was replaced by an oiran prostitute and another character that looks like some random convention cosplayer. Oh wait, there's two of them now.

Hey, there's even more evidence like the fact that each year there is a contest where fans have do the work of the creative art department and there have been multiple crossover and outside artists commissioned to design costumes for this game.

For a series that avoided clones with the exception of bosses, we now have four clone characters in the game.

This game is really fun and balanced but I still can't not point out this team's obvious flaw when it comes to creativity in general.
Yeah it feels like they don't actually have any artists on the 5 team.

Makes me REALLY worry for doa6.

Then I realize the fact that they've just gone capcom and constantly rerelease the game with no changes whatsoever (at least not with changes that are different from any regular patch), rather than actually make doa6, just points more towards the lack of creativity.

I don't like hating/ragging on them, its just that the flaws are too hard to ignore

SoftCabbage

TN be like DOA6 comes with soft engine 2.5 for female and male characters with same voice and model asset from DOA5, then sell 'DOA6 Costume Set' and 'DOA6 New Character Set' as Day-1 DLC, followed by DOA6 Ultimate Plus few months later selling DOA5 DLC all over again, and DOA6 True Champion a few months later again selling Vita and PS4 themes as a vote if DOA7 should come.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

TN be like DOA6 comes with soft engine 2.5 for female and male characters with same voice and model asset from DOA5, then sell 'DOA6 Costume Set' and 'DOA6 New Character Set' as Day-1 DLC, followed by DOA6 Ultimate Plus few months later selling DOA5 DLC all over again, and DOA6 True Champion a few months later again selling Vita and PS4 themes as a vote if DOA7 should come.
please don't

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah lol. If you ever thought Eliot loving milk was suggestive of homosexuality, the fact that Christie tells him to "drink it all up" makes it pretty much impossible for even the most heterosexual manly man not to instantly receive a mental picture of Eliot with clear white liquid dripping down his chin.

Um...women produce milk...literally. Eliot is told by a very lascivious, suggestive woman to drink milk. It's actually quite the cognitive detour to think of men and their fluids instead and even more of a detour to conclude Eliot must be gay then.

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

Is this discussion about Eliot liking a milk and thus he's most likely gay even serious?.........

I like soy milk a lot. That's one kind of a milk. I also like earl grey tea and dark coffee. What's my sexual orientation then?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Is this discussion about Eliot liking a milk and thus he's most likely gay even serious?.........

I like soy milk a lot. That's one kind of a milk. I also like earl grey tea and dark coffee. What's my sexual orientation then?

Let's see...
soybean-seeds.jpg

single_origin_beans_featured_image_large.jpg

iStock_000010909793XSmall.jpg

Got a boner looking at these? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD