News New character is Naotora (Sengoku Musou)

nothingtosee

Gracia would sell more perhaps but her moveset is mostly projectiles and AoEs that would be pretty difficult to put in doa and not in a Genra way. She does have a few punches and kicks but they do nothing xD Naotora is a more melee type of character thus making her way to the game, i can see plenty of her moveset being included in doa' system.

Last edited:

Argentus

Gracia would sell more perhaps but her moveset is mostly projectiles and AoEs that would be pretty difficult to put in doa and not in a Genra way. She does have a few punches and kicks but they do nothing xD Naotora is a more melee type of character thus making her way to the game, i can plenty of her moveset being included in doa' system.
Her move set actually doesn't translate into a fighting game at all. All her lives are huge lunging mob clearers, totally different moves from what's used in one on one in close quarters

SoftCabbage

Yeah. That's where the money is going. Let them figure that out, discuss with w-omega force, and do their job within the time given.

synce

Haha man you're crazy if you think she's going to have a totally unique moveset. Best case scenario is we get something like Spartan :p

SoftCabbage

Haha man you're crazy if you think she's going to have a totally unique moveset. Best case scenario is we get something like Spartan :p

There will be someone who has too much money buy the DLC immediately and upload to Youtube.

From there we can decide she's worth buying or not :p

RetroMe91

There will be someone who has too much money buy the DLC immediately and upload to Youtube.

From there we can decide she's worth buying or not :p
I'm sure we already know that answer....

My guess is her move set will be mostly recycled from Rig, some from Sarah, and a few tricks stolen from Kasumi, Ayane, and Phase-4.

Banana56

I don't think they will recycle (much) from other kicking characters. Her kicks are much more "flashy".

Not to mention they have to add her super kicks there.

SoftCabbage

My guess is her move set will be mostly recycled from Rig, some from Sarah, and a few tricks stolen from Kasumi, Ayane, and Phase-4.

If that's what they really gonna do even to this collaboration character that's coming from developer under the same publisher, then they really should eat a dick and get choked.

Brute

Standard Donor
I feel like people is being beyond pessimistic now...

There's no way they are gonna recycle that hard and you know it...
To be fair, I made jokes in the old days when they announced that 5U would have DLC characters that one of them would be a Kasumi clone with entirely recycled appearance, moves and outfits, thinking there was no way they could do something that lame. And then they made Phase 4 and played it off as completely serious.

Argentus

Oh... so they would have to actually do real work, not just recycling? Then they should have actually picked Gracia.
Lol no just like how momiji and Rachel are hybrids of existing characters, I'm sure she'll be a blend of rig and Sarah with a couple "Signature" attacks from sw.

Yeah lol.

I feel like people is being beyond pessimistic now...

There's no way they are gonna recycle that hard and you know it...

*exactly that has happened with every dlc character after Marie rose*

640px-Applejack_puts_her_hoof_in_Apple_Bloom's_mouth_S1E12.png

phase 4 was part of the storyline i think it's quite ok
How does that excuse it? Could have been a new character as part of the storyline instead. Or at least just made phase a costume for kasumi instead of wasting a character slot.

Xhominid The Demon Within

To be fair, I made jokes in the old days when they announced that 5U would have DLC characters that one of them would be a Kasumi clone with entirely recycled appearance, moves and outfits, thinking there was no way they could do something that lame. And then they made Phase 4 and played it off as completely serious.

That's not fair since you knew Phase 4 was going to be exactly that regardless.

*exactly that has happened with every dlc character after Marie rose*

- Phase 4 being a Kasumi clone was as obvious as space having no sound.

- Nyotengu being a Bankotsubo clone was mainly due to those fans wanting him(or his style atleast) back

- You got a point with Honoka atleast(since regardless, Raidou in DOA1 and Dimensions was like her before DOA5 revamped him)

And 2 of those 3 atleast have different mechanics then being straight clones(hell, so does Honoka since she actually does have style changes)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD