New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbietussin

I'm just happy that at least one of the new hairstyles is finally good. So far its mostly been inappropriate pigtails, modified ponytails, and a cutesy pixie cut that's awkward on the character it was put on

If there were any commendable hairstyles, it's definitely Helena's braid, Brad's loose hair and Christie's bob cut. Ayane's ponytail looks decent and Hitomi's bob cut makes her look like Velma Dinkley.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Given that I can understand people have their style preferences I never understood why that haircut (new Christie) is so popular. The Tron suit is pretty awesome looking but the haircut really throws me off of the Christie vibe.

I wonder if the Leon and Bayman outfits will be exhibited as they fight each other.

Argentus

If there were any commendable hairstyles, it's definitely Helena's braid, Brad's loose hair and Christie's bob cut. Ayane's ponytail looks decent and Hitomi's bob cut makes her look like Velma Dinkley.
i forgot about Helena's braid, and hadn't noticed Brad. Forgot that Ayane gets two new styles, doesn't she? The child era ponytail and the little pigtails?

Though, looking at it, Mila's Christie's and Hitomi's all seem to have "Casual Set Syndrome" in that the styles themselves are cute, but don't suit the characters. Definitely in Mila's case, but arguable in christie and hitomi's.

Given that I can understand people have their style preferences I never understood why that haircut (new Christie) is so popular. The Tron suit is pretty awesome looking but the haircut really throws me off of the Christie vibe.

I wonder if the Leon and Bayman outfits will be exhibited as they fight each other.
I don't think they'll even bother showing if Leon gets anything, lol. Bayman seems to be the main male character after Ryu though, so i imagine him being shown relatively soon.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lets just say many factors are to be considered thus why chances of my entry getting materialized are affected. First of all, the design was made by another person (me) out of a request. Second, the original recipient (QueenJakheiho) didn't respond to TN when he was being asked for his shipping details to give the prizes. It was not long when I learned that Queenjakheiho bailed out on me and TN might've perceived that negatively.

Oh, right...now I remember... What a dick! I really feel for you, Rawbie. :(

Maybe because she looks beautiful with it? ;) Most other new hairstyles of the girls are just so-so, or even make them look uglier (Hitomi's bob, Ayane's pig tails). But Christie's new hairstyle complements her face just perfectly. She looks like a top model now.

FatalxInnocence

*Waits patiently for Rachel's possible hair reveal*

STAHP revealing stuff for people who have hairstyles already ;____; I need some Momiji & Rachel in my life.

~ On a side note, is anyone kinda annoyed Sarah didn't have an alt hair? they have so many to choose from, yet still nothing....

Oh well, at least the costume looks nice! =D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
STAHP revealing stuff for people who have hairstyles already ;____; I need some Momiji & Rachel in my life.

Momiji with her hair down won't happen. It's just too long. It would be the absolute clipping and animation nightmare. What they could do is shorten her hair though, to a length similar to Nyotengu's. What that be alright with you?

CommanderWiggles

Momiji with her hair down won't happen. It's just too long. It would be the absolute clipping and animation nightmare. What they could do is shorten her hair though, to a length similar to Nyotengu's. What that be alright with you?
Black hair is a bitch to animate... a HUGE bitch. I remember that with Advent Children, which is why they shortened Tifa's hair.

I think I'm gonna make up some sketches of Momiji hairstyles. I love her hair, but I would like to see more looks, like something around Helena's braid. Short hair, though, I think it would bother us all in a bit if they shortened it, unless it were to become a canon thing (honestly I think her hair does deserve a cut, not that I don't like it, but girls look cute with short hair).

FatalxInnocence

Hmm? I just want any hair with Momiji that isn't her standard ponytail. I'm more inclined to want Rachel with loose hair. Momiji, just anything I'd be fine with. Also, why does it have to be her actual hair just loose? I mean, if Hitomi can go from a short bob, to a longer than her actual hair ponytail- Momiji can have magic hair too rofl.

I also mean costumes too though. I wanna know what their contest costumes are.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Also, why does it have to be her actual hair just loose? I mean, if Hitomi can go from a short bob, to a longer than her actual hair ponytail- Momiji can have magic hair too rofl.

Imho, there are characters, whose design shouldn't be altered too much in a particular regard. Momiji's long, beautiful hair is her biggest trademark. It's like making Tina several boob sizes smaller in the next DOA. She just wouldn't be the same. ;)
But Team Ninja doesn't seem to care much for continuity in character design regarding additional costumes. So, how about this:

11994830295_d23b4ab8cb_b.jpg

Someone asked me a while ago, to visualize Momiji in a bob.

Black hair is a bitch to animate... a HUGE bitch.

What has the color to do with it? o . O Nyotengu and Kokoro have the best hair animation in the game and they are pretty close to black. It's more a problem of length, polygon count and collision programming.

CommanderWiggles

What has the color to do with it? o . O Nyotengu and Kokoro have the best hair animation in the game and they are pretty close to black. It's more a problem of length, polygon count and collision programming.
That's exactly what I thought, too.
I honestly have no idea, and I just thought it was all just about the mesh, bump maps, and UV mapping in terms of materials. I do remember reading numerous articles from Square Enix stating that they cut Tifa's hair down because the longer black hair was very difficult to animate, as opposed to other loose hair in other long-haired characters like Sephiroth, though, then again, that was back in 2004-2005, so obviously it's more advanced and maybe easier now. You are right, though, and maybe they just find it a very tedious long eight hours a day to do, as opposed to the shorter long-haired characters, considering Momiji's hair is the longest just falling from her thigh.
Then again, I have no idea, because it's probably just the amount of strands they have to make (or copy-paste from other characters, which doesn't seem hard to do).
I don't get why they wouldn't do Momiji though, in terms of loose hair.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

If all these new dos are universal and not just Ayane's, Kasumi, Hitomi,Tina,Leifang, Kokopuffs and Mila, it's gonna be worth trying out all the new hair with different costumes *-*

Especially Helena's braid and Christies new do.

CommanderWiggles

Everyone is mentioning fictional characters and real people about Christie's hairstyle, I think to be the only one that thought just to her Egyptian Halloween design when I saw it XD
I feel like the design of the costume was obviously based off of GlaDOS. It looks way too obvious. The color scheme, cybersuit, etc.
Just way too obvious.
Don't know if I'm the only one seeing this here, but I'll say it again and again until everyone kills me with a metal rod.

- Autotune Christie's voice while we're at it.

glados_redraw_by_twinklepowderysnow-d5wdy4p.png

glados.jpg

moar_glados_by_prussia_watson-d51xxkz.jpg

4aO1huj.jpg

WisperG

@CommanderWiggles
It looks more like a TRON suit to be. I'm really not seeing the resemblance with the human-GlaDOS fanart. So, they both happen share the same basic color scheme of white and black (which is very common) with a bit of orange, but the designs look nothing alike. A passing resemblance perhaps, but that's hardly enough to say it's "obviously based off" of it.

Remember, this was a contest design and it seems to be pretty faithful to the original art. The only significant difference is the fact that it glows orange instead of yellow or blue like in the original (which are not GLaDOS colors). For all we know, TN tried a few things and simply thought, "orange looks better." I really doubt they were inspired by a few pieces of fanart, based on a fanimation, based on a Valve game.

Here comes the metal rod. You'd better duck. :eek:

Rawbietussin

i forgot about Helena's braid, and hadn't noticed Brad. Forgot that Ayane gets two new styles, doesn't she? The child era ponytail and the little pigtails?

Though, looking at it, Mila's Christie's and Hitomi's all seem to have "Casual Set Syndrome" in that the styles themselves are cute, but don't suit the characters. Definitely in Mila's case, but arguable in christie and hitomi's.

Here is Brad's loose hair.

31422-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-gameplay-brad-vs-kokoro_jpg_1280x720_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

And yes, Ayane got her childhood ponytail and some dumb pigtails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD