New Famitsu scan showing Rig and Christie(new evening gown outfit)

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Still gonna use him regardless. Definitely a much needed change up for a tag partner for Bass as well.
The only way they could make Rig any cooler is if he came from the mean streets of Winnipeg.

Darrell

Probably just a duck, but Christie's attack wiffs, and he does appear to be leaning like the evade animation. I don't know.

Attachments

• Rig's Debut Trailer - Dead or Alive 5_clip0.gif
    Rig's Debut Trailer - Dead or Alive 5_clip0.gif
    665.7 KB · Views: 205

PhoenixVFIRE

Probably just a duck, but Christie's attack wiffs, and he does appear to be leaning like the evade animation. I don't know.
From that gif I'm seeing Rig duck her kick making it whiff and he is doing a kick that definitely looks like a "while rising" input.

Einzelkind

So far it seems like he really doesn't use any punches (only when he threw Bass). Would be cool if he plays like Tekken's Steve in reverse (no Izuna holds).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bio was posted on Tecmo's Facebook page:

A natural born fighter, he has used his powerful instincts to master of the art of taekwondo. He has run the oil rig from a young age, and his colleagues simply call him "Rig." But even he doesn't know his real name or where he comes from. He learned taekwondo on the oil rig, which led him to create his own style, with plenty of moves he came up with himself.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So far it seems like he really doesn't use any punches (only when he threw Bass). Would be cool if he plays like Tekken's Steve in reverse (no Izuna holds).
Just as long as he doesn't end up being Christie's son through vitro-fertilisation too, I'm cool with that.

Einzelkind

What's also interesting is the fact that this stage has at least three tiers and according to the demo rip - I guess "Plant" is this one - it should have only one.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
From what I understand it's two tiers. You just can be knocked off the ledge or through the floor of the top tier. Christie and Rig fought on the top tier, Bass and Rig on the bottom.

PhoenixVFIRE

What was the never ending pillar level in DOA3? I want that one back in DOA5-look glory! I hope we get a retro pack of stages redone and costumes for DLC(paid, obviously) not that I'd be complaining for free LOL

Blazeincarnated

From what I understand it's two tiers. You just can be knocked off the ledge or through the floor of the top tier. Christie and Rig fought on the top tier, Bass and Rig on the bottom.
You have to watch it again Mr. Wah. It is 3 tiers. 1 is when he kick her through the ceiling. 2 is where the lights that say Taylor's are at. And 3 is when he face Bass.

Einzelkind

The second one is probably optional. I guess, if you get knocked over the barrier instead of falling through the floor on the first tier you fall right down to the one where Rig fights Bass. I guess that's what Mr. Wah meant.

DrDogg

Based on the trailer, it's definitely 3 tiers.

Also, I stand by my statement that it's a canned sidestep attack.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Sigh... where is this idea even coming from?

Alpha demo stage top level is not a square, has multiple danger zones and changes shape/height based on what you trigger. Bottom area isn't even an unintelligible shape due to the way the wreckage fucks with things. It's more like a circle thats been stabbed a few times and left for dead

Circus stage isn't a square either. It's a really, really long oval if anything, and the protruding danger zones make it an imperfect oval. The tiger tier is a circle with an X of death going through the middle you have to avoid.

Flow actually does start out as a square, by the end of the river a chunk is bitten out of it and its height teeters back and fourth depending on where the weight on the raft is. The lower level is also not an intelligible shape, tons of crap in that area.

Sakura is neither a square or a rectangle due to its imperfections, and qualifies more just as an open area level.

Oil Rig is made up of small imperfect, destructible tiers that come off as narrow platforms you have to fight on until you get to the bottom. Small by design to get you to the bottom area fast, but takes a hit or two on each surface before it breaks so it feels more like you didn't just guess wrong randomly. The bottom area (that we know about) is cross shaped if anything, and judging by the screenshots I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to this level than we were aware of.

Sweat -- You got me. It's a boxing ring.

Hotzone -- If you were going to call this a rectangle, you'd have to call it two rectangles.... but it feels more like you're fighting in a long hallway with gunfire. You can move forward, but you can't move back.

Unnamed Tag Stage -- large open area with electrified fencing around the edges. Looked Oval Shaped.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD