New Female Character Teased in DOA5:LR Trailer

The new female character was teased with a brief shot in the latest trailer released by Team Ninja, showing off some of the day 1 DLC costumes available in exclusive bundles.

Also of note is the Steam logo displayed at the end of the trailer, officially confirming a PC release alongside the already announced consoles.

The English trailer can be viewed below, with a link to the original Japanese one here.

newgirl.jpg

A date is set at the end of the trailer. "1/15/15" This could be an indication for the full reveal date of the new character.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Of course, Rachel's swim suit is my fave.
  2. That showstoppers recolor for Rachel's primary doesn't look good to me.
  3. Helena's braid + recolor looks good
  4. Why is Nyotengu wearing Leifang's cheongsam? It don't make sense.
  5. That looks like a new costume for Lisa or at least a different mask.
  6. I like it
  7. I like her swimsuit too
  8. Looks like another child in the teaser, sigh...

Though I'm not fond of Frozen, I'm glad Helena gets a new hairstyle. Hopefully, it'll look nice on her other costumes.

I doubt the new girl is Rio (even if she's the closest I could think of among Tecmo's other games who has pink hair). The hair length is long and I doubt I remember her wearing something pirate-like.

Though I'm not fond of Frozen, I'm glad Helena gets a new hairstyle. Hopefully, it'll look nice on her other costumes.

I doubt the new girl is Rio (even if she's the closest I could think of among Tecmo's other games who has pink hair). The hair length is long and I doubt I remember her wearing something pirate-like.

2009-12-13-223490.jpeg

"Keep this a secret from everyone, okay?"

The new trailer made clear it but thanks anyway for your help werewolfgolf! ;)

I guess there is no doubt that the new char is a loli... with the english voice revealed.

I don't know, definitely the voice suits a child/youngster (but it wasn't needed the English version, even the Japanese was more than enough), but I have still some doubts: however my evidences for the opposite are overall based on the words of Hayashi about the new character making a good use of the new engine and being the "bigger", both of things that could be even misunderstood.

The showstoppers encore is a recoloruing pack but I like it. The chinese dress of Leifang on Nyotengu is really fitting in my opinion, I truly like it =)

I don't think that's a handsign she's putting her finger to her lips for "quiet" gesture

You have a point! Nice find ;)

Interesting hypthoesis: again, I don't think that Rio is a candidate with Team NINJA talking of a character created from scratch, but this anyway something that could be misunderstood in its orginal meaning. Anyway the new girl seems to have long hairs, so I don't think that is really the "Lucky Girl".

How did you think this was appropriate? Unwise -CyberEvil
[ Content removed by mod]
I think their "DLC" costume will sell poorly. Cause a lot of people have been making a sh*t load of costumes for SF4 on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't be another Kasumi. I actually like the odd-ball pack of recolors... Nyo in Lei's dress lol... I like Rachel's red default.

I'm starting to think the Senran Kagura collaboration is actually the Senran team designing a character for DOA. It's too strange that TN has released zero details on the collaboration and if it wasn't related to the new girl, they would have marketed it already. In my opinion, the new girl doesn't look like a TN design, at least from what little we see.

Please I don't want to see MR's nude mods, I'm surrounded by hundreds of students in the cafeteria. Ewwww.
Curious to see other creative mods on PC though. Do you think people will add new "hacked" mechanics or stuff like that ?

Well that's a good theory @RoboJoe , maybe the new babe will be used for both DOA's and Senran Kagura's future installments, like a "cross-serie character" featured in both stories, a character that exists in two universes.

Japanese Trailer: Ninjas + Cute Girls in Bikinis

English Trailer: Ninjas + Unpopular ladies in recolours
images.jpeg

I feel like the Showstoppers Encore is TN's way of saying: "Yeah, yeah we heard you sheesh". I might get it because all of my mains are in that set.

The Ninjas look amazing! Kasumi & Ayane look great masked, Hayate is just badass and you don't want to mess with the walking armory that is Ryu.

08.jpg

Amaze-Face.gif

Gorgeous!

I have no comments on the new girl.

I agree with this.

How did Nyotengu even got categorized as "unpopular" when she has always been recurrent when it comes to DLCs ever since she came? Same goes for Tina.

Nyotengu, Alpha, Tina, Christie and Helena are not unpopular. Just because is not a pack for little girls it doesn't mean it's a pack for unpopular girls. It's a pack for the ladies of the game and it's exactly the pack I'm going to get. I prefer different colors for already existing (cool) outfits than stupid swimsuits.

It's not really an "Unpopular Pack", but a pack without the Six Plastic Dolls (Kasumi, Ayane, Hitomi, Lei Fang, Kokoro, Marie-Rose).

tumblr_mi27dxAY831rw0ytko1_500.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD