Characters New "Female Tengu" Revealed

First discovered by @pachincko this seems likely to be our new Tengu shown in Famitsu. More details are bound to show up incredibly soon and we will keep this updated. She looks pretty, and I hope that Tengu fans will be impressed by the final package, because Tengu fans have waited a long time for this.

nbb5d.jpg

@Forlorn Penguin -- Sorry it's not Bankotsubo, buddy. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more excited for @Forlorn Penguin's look on the trailer haha, I'm sure he'll be a fan of the cliff tengu spin drops xD they're pretty awesome.

Shame it isn't Banksy himself though but what can you do

FP will only snicker if he saw that. He will be really impressed if they gave her a C4 of an entire outfit of Tengu's original design+Voice clips+win poses all bundled into that 1 costume.

Tengu has never been a solid character. What I mean by that is he was either overpowered or underpowered. To me that's a reason to not play a character. Not to mention he was banned. Same reason I stopped playing Alpha. She was an overpowered piece of shit.

Tengu is original. That IS a reason to buy him. We can go on like this forever but we have different opinions.
You're right, he is original, but that doesn't make him popular. He's never been popular. He never ever will. This at least gives Tengu a chance. It's marketing. TN wants Tengu fans happy. But they are a business first. They will not work hard on a character that will never be popular. Especially if all you have to do is change their look. It's the exact reason why Riot Games said they don't make monsters as their champions. They never sell. TN wouldn't even make back the money it cost to make Tengu if they leave him the same.

You're right, he is original, but that doesn't make him popular. He's never been popular. He never ever will. This at least gives Tengu a chance. It's marketing. TN wants Tengu fans happy. But they are a business first. They will not work hard on a character that will never be popular. Especially if all you have to do is change their look. It's the exact reason why Riot Games said they don't make monsters as their champions. They never sell. TN wouldn't even make back the money it cost to make Tengu if they leave him the same.

So the only other option is a complete sex/species change they couldn't try actually fixing the fucking character?

So the only other option is a complete sex/species change they couldn't try actually fixing the fucking character?
The sexy fetish thing might be overboard. And if you're angry with that, I have no objection. But they have to make Tengu not a monster. Whether that means making a sexy male or female. I think that just fit her personality so they took the easier way out.

Japanese speaker here; first character would be pronouced Nyo, and means female goblin.

It would be the first character with a translated name if they don't keep Nyotengu for the english version.
My bad, the furigana looked like た at first, not に.

This Female Tengu is a good compromise for everyone who looks at the bigger picture. We get another new character AND original Tengu players get a chance to use the moveset again. Team Ninja did a great job with the design. I'm not going to use her a lot, obviously, but I do like the overall design.

Now you're just saying the same stuff you said in your last post. Like I said we can go on like this for a while, but we really shouldn't.

They turned Tengu who was supposed to be a badass monster, into a latex covered fetish toy and everyone's perfectly fine with that. scratch that they prefer it

I'm going to take a break from this site for awhile, I'm really not feeling like this is my community anymore just a bunch of perverts. This isn't the direction I wanted DOA to go but I seem to get no say in it.

They turned Tengu who was supposed to be a badass monster, into a latex covered fetish toy and everyone's perfectly fine with that. scratch that they prefer it

I'm going to take a break from this site for awhile, I'm really not feeling like this is my community anymore just a bunch of perverts. This isn't the direction I wanted DOA to go but I seem to get no say in it.

Okay bye. Seriously DOA has ALWAYS been pervert central since the first game, are you seriously acting like it hasn't?(Not to mention again, this is pretty much in every fighting game as well, KOF anyone?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan that she doesn't have inhuman features like claws or fiend stripes or anything, but wow...this is very childish coming from you.

I don't think you should leave for something so trivial. You're opinion was good and you defended it like a real fan. I think if Tengu turned out to be a sexy man like Jin or Ryu people would have loved him almost as much. They're not perverts. They just don't like ugly monsters. Which is what Tengu was intentionally designed as.

I don't think you should leave for something so trivial. You're opinion was good and you defended it like a real fan. I think if Tengu turned out to be a sexy man like Jin or Ryu people would have loved him almost as much. They're not perverts. They just don't like ugly monsters. Which is what Tengu was intentionally designed as.

Nah, I'd rather him not have the typical Japanese Tengu and actually look more like a monstrous bird.

In fact, that's most likely the reason why Female Tengu(or Lady Tengu) lacks inhuman features because past his nose and wings, Tengu himself can pass as a buff ass old man with a tan(Not counting alternates). So...yeah.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD