New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Yo Running Wild here, I'm from upstate NY, and I am something of a jack of all trades when it comes to fighting games, I primarily like old school Neo-Geo fighting games and I am a big fan of Virtua Fighter, and much as I love to bash it, I enjoy some DOA as well, it kept me company in the PSX days not having a Sega Saturn and VF2.

I've definitely seen you on DreamCancel. Welcome to the site!

And welcome to everyone else, too!

Jargen

Hello everyone.

I am Jargen. I am a Soul Calibur player who is beginning my road on DOA5. I live in Western Canada and would like to train with someone who preferably has a decent connection with Canada (if that's even possible..XD). I play Bayman due to my grapple character preference (I play Astaroth in SC).

Cage Redfield

Hello all you DOA peoples. A bit new to the DOA series, and I'm looking to make DOA5 one of my main games. Playing Mila and Kasumi for now, trying to get used to the feel of the game. Hopefully I'll meet one of you guys online and get bodied XD.

NinjaDucky

Hello, DOA community! It's been quite a long time, though I still see a ton of names around here that I recognize from the old days. I used to be seen under the name "PatoGuy," for any of you who might still remember me. It's good to be back and I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things with DOA5.

Allan Paris

Welcome to FreeStepdoge everyone. If you have a character in particualr you want to play. Hit up the DOA5 character sub-forums and jump in the discussions or just absorb the information that is there.

Onslaught X

Sup, everyone.

Made an account on here in hopes to get a lot better at DOA and getting into the more competitive scene of the franchise. Back in 3 and 4 I would play a mean Christie, but I've decided to start over and go with the new love of my life, Mila.

I usually hang around the SRK forums, hence SFIV and UMVC3 are my main games (the ones that I'm actually alright at) but I also plan to invest into this site just as much. DOA is really the only 3D fighter that I've had the urge to try and take seriously like I do SF and Marvel. I dunno, Tekken and SC are amazing, but they've never done what DOA does for me. Call it fanboyism.:rolleyes:

Anyway though, eager to meet new people as well as some who are willing to grow with me in terms of our skills in this game. Looking forward to it. :cool:

TakedaZX

Sup, everyone.

Made an account on here in hopes to get a lot better at DOA and getting into the more competitive scene of the franchise. Back in 3 and 4 I would play a mean Christie, but I've decided to start over and go with the new love of my life, Mila.

I usually hang around the SRK forums, hence SFIV and UMVC3 are my main games (the ones that I'm actually alright at) but I also plan to invest into this site just as much. DOA is really the only 3D fighter that I've had the urge to try and take seriously like I do SF and Marvel. I dunno, Tekken and SC are amazing, but they've never done what DOA does for me. Call it fanboyism.:rolleyes:

Anyway though, eager to meet new people as well as some who are willing to grow with me in terms of our skills in this game. Looking forward to it. :cool:
Welcome, I think I've talked to you a few times already. It's good to hear that you're expanding. If your on the PSN, I've got Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5, and Soul Calibur 5 so just hit me up. If not, then hope to see you at some offline gatherings/tournaments.

Have a great time here.

Onslaught X

T
Welcome, I think I've talked to you a few times already. It's good to hear that you're expanding. If your on the PSN, I've got Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5, and Soul Calibur 5 so just hit me up. If not, then hope to see you at some offline gatherings/tournaments.

Have a great time here.
Thanks!

Unfortunately though, I don't have a PS3 anymore. Recently just traded it for an Xbox, haha. Do you mean we've met on SRK before or on here?:confused:

Heaton

New from the Calibur scene. Played Mamba while he was still playing that and told him I'd give DoA5 a try when it came out. Picked it up and I really like it a lot - it might just be the fighting game I've been looking for.

This is my first Dead or Alive game ever, and I'm very much interested in learning Brad - he's the most fun I've had just mashing with a character in quite some time. Any pointers or directions to resources that I can use to help myself would be greatly appreciated.

Hope I can prove to be really good at this game!

Xernuht

Also new and coming from Soul Calibur. This is my first DOA outing, and it is AWESOME. I'm currently digging Mila, Rig, Ayane, and Hayabusa... at least, I would be if I could land his 360throws...

Anyways, digging the game, and I hope to see you around.

Calamity Crunch

With the release of DOA5, I figure I should hop back into the community :]
My old GT was Amaya Chan
New one = Calamity Crunch

Still not 100% sure who I'm gonna main with DOA5 -_-
Anyway, looking forward to getting some matches with some of the old and the new players!

Tenren

holy crap, I haven't looked at this thread for a few days and it blew up with new people--good to see lol, welcome to everyone.

Pocky Yoshi

It is I, Pocky Yoshi the devious! Joining this website. A long intro ramble about me if you'd please listen.

Where I hail from?
The website I come from is 8wayrun.com. As you can see, I'm a big Yoshimitsu fan. Both Tekken and Soul Calibur, but I prefer the Soul Calibur version more for my own biased reasons. My goal then and now was rather simple: To become competent at the game. I grew up on the Soul Calibur series since Soul Blade/Soul Edge and I never regretted sticking to this series. I literally live for it. Be it for competitive sport or casual sport. Basically, you can call me a compasual.

Why I joined?
Right now though, I'm interested in learning DOA5 seeing as I played DOA4. I wasn't good in DOA4 so no need to worry about my ego being too proud for help. I prefer to gain confidence in beating my opponents yet be gracious with them. Do whatever it takes to make me a sore loser, but I'm conceited at being a good sport while trying to win. Of course, I'm very inquisitive and bubbly(to an extent) when I'm excited about something.

Taste of mains?
When it comes to mains, I always pick the ones that captivates me the most aesthetically. Then, I'd always go and experiment which ones appeal more to me. In all FG history of my mains, I've recently always had "fun male first female second".

Some games like MK, I decided none of the females weren't for me. They just looked meh compared to the other females of FGs. So I decided that Cyrax and Johnny Cage would be it for me. Games like Tekken 6 and TTT2 only get me Yoshimitsu and Asuka, yet I'm not interested in learning the giant match-ups atm. Street Fighter ones is Dan and Sakura. For all these games, I stay casual yet competitive towards my friends irl.

Soul Calibur series would have been Yoshimitsu and Seong Mi-na, but SCV changed up the cast a bit. So now it's Yoshimitsu and whatever female main appeals to me.

DOA4 I was bouncing around on mains, but I finally decided what main I wanted to roll with. Kokoro. Yes, her looks alone forced me to break my usual trend of "fun males first female second". Her fighting style looks okay, yet I could care less if it's as boring as dirt. I will main Kokoro because imho, I think I fell in love with her as a character. So there you have it, I'll play her as religiously like I play Yoshimitsu in Soul Calibur.

Thanks for reading.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD