New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

KING JAIMY

Hi whats up?

Just joined here because of my worries over playing DOA5 LR in the future on the xbox one.

I have trouble with the d'pad while playing KI, and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problems.

Doing 1, 3, 7 and 9 inputs using the d'pad I believe will be annoying.
Hey!

I have not played Killer Instinct but I can tell you that the D-Pad is indeed very annoying.

I believe it's going to be a major pain using the D-Pad in DOA5LR for Xbox One, especially diagonal inputs as you stated. But even worse inputs could be 33 inputs. I think Jacky's (2)3P is going to be a pain to do on the One D-Pad. Hopefully we'll get used to it as time comes, but otherwise you could look for a converter which allows you to use 360 controllers on Xbox One (if there is one, at all).

xDevious

Standard Donor
Hi whats up?

Just joined here because of my worries over playing DOA5 LR in the future on the xbox one.

I have trouble with the d'pad while playing KI, and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problems.

Hey! I see you've finally found your way to FSD, welcome!

I still have not tried to play a fighting game on One, but I would think doing some inputs will end up being a pain with that d-pad.. Hopefully we'll get fight pads for the One sooner rather than later. Or, like @KING JAIMY said, we will have to find a way to use 360 controllers on the One with some type of converter or something like that. Or, lastly, the last resort; use the analog stick instead of the d-pad... Uggh! >_> I had to do this for a while, because the d-pad on my last 360 controller was broken, and good god, it was a pain in the ass. :mad:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hi whats up?

I would recommend learning arcade stick, as it's a probable universal controller to multiple systems.

However, if you don't want to go through that learning curve effort, perhaps you might be able to get the PC version instead where you would most likely be able to use any controller you want.

If you still want to use the Xbox One version, and don't want to switch to arcade stick, then I would suggest looking into 3rd party controllers that might work better.

KING JAIMY

Hey! I see you've finally found your way to FSD, welcome!

I still have not tried to play a fighting game on One, but I would think doing some inputs will end up being a pain with that d-pad.. Hopefully we'll get fight pads for the One sooner rather than later. Or, like @KING JAIMY said, we will have to find a way to use 360 controllers on the One with some type of converter or something like that. Or, lastly, the last resort; use the analog stick instead of the d-pad... Uggh! >_> I had to do this for a while, because the d-pad on my last 360 controller was broken, and good god, it was a pain in the ass. :mad:
Ugh, don't tell me about it. Inputs like 66T or 44K are horrible to do on the analog stick.

Javert

New to 3D fighting games in general since last time I played was Soulcalibur 2 years ago and Tekken 3 way back. I was watching a stream and then a DoA5 match started to happen and truly got me hype. After almost giving up on the game because of the compatibility packs that need to be downloaded to start playing, I went to the tutorial and when I saw the concept of the holds… kreygasm: 3S with its parries is my favorite game and here holds are a feature since day one. New favorite fighter, I’m having fun online and expelling the mashing scrub out of this body.
Will be hanging around and learning. I have no offline scene but will promote the game to open minded people, since this game truly deserves an scene.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I have no offline scene but will promote the game to open minded people, since this game truly deserves an scene.

Welcome!

Maybe take a look at the Player Map in the navigation at the top of the page and you might be able to find other FSD, XBL, or PSN members who live nearby you. Then you can start up a local offline meetup and scene :).

I've been here for a week and haven't even introduced myself.
I am an American player who plays in Oklahoma. Don't know anyone who plays this game, but I do know some people who know what it is. I only really joined here to read posts (and post myself of course) so I can learn more about the game and learn new things from others who have been playing for a longer time than me.

Well I do love 3D fighting, and I was introdued to DOA by my uncle, who had the third game, just a few years ago. I also found the second game and got it for the Dreamcast and have played it so many times. Now I just recently got a PS3 and had to pick up DOA5U for it. Anyway, I hope I learn more and get better at this game.

Lady Tengu

Hey! This might seem weird and all with the new character and what not. But she seems very cute!
Anyways, My names Travis! I'm 18, i'm a "Gaymer" lol (hope that offends no one) but been a fan of DOA And SC for as long as I remember.
I'm Canadian I live in a miniature city called Grande Prairie in Alberta Canada I'm a strict Xbox fan boy no PS here xD But yes Hit me up if you wanna play!
Old account was @Lady Tengu But don't know to delete it.

Hey! This might seem weird and all with the new character and what not. But she seems very cute!
Anyways, My names Travis! I'm 18, i'm a "Gaymer" lol (hope that offends no one) but been a fan of DOA And SC for as long as I remember.
I'm Canadian I live in a miniature city called Grande Prairie in Alberta Canada I'm a strict Xbox fan boy no PS here xD But yes Hit me up if you wanna play!
Old account was @Lady Tengu But don't know to delete it.
Nice to meet you Travis...I have a friend named Travis in a Facebook group chat who is also Canadian and I think also 18 .-. Lmao but nice to see another new member here.

Voxxolki

Heyyyy !
My names Brita (bree-tah) and I'm a canadian gamer who's been fanatically obsessed with ALL fighters since I was first introduced to SF2 when I was about 7 or 8. Been playing the DOA series since DOA2, but I'm literally the only person I know who's as enthusiastic about fighting games as I am. So I've remained fairly lonely in the online gamer world. This is actually the very first online community I've decided to try and involve myself in. Really excited to start learning more and chatting with other fellow fighting game fans, because again, haven't really gotten to know anyone with the same interests. I play ps3 and plan on acquiring a ps4 for Last Round. I'm a Leifang player but I'm currently trying to master Momiji, to take a break from all that defensive play style. (though I love Leifang immmmmmenssssely...... YATTA!)

Buuuuuut I have to admit, even though I've continually read up on DOA to try and harness my skills, I still play at a very casual level comparatively to what I've seen online, and I'd like to start practicing with actual people rather than just the computer on the hardest difficulty.... learning against a computer hits a very obvious plateau and I'd like to surpass that. I mostly play ranked matches when I do decide to go online, but I'd love to build more technique in player matches before I butcher my online ranking anymore. :p

ANYWAYS. STOKED TO KNOW YOU ALL AND ACQUIRE ALL THE HELPFUL INFOS ^_^V

NeverGiveUp

Hey guys. Well I'll introduce myself um name's Justin. Im new to this forum and to the dead or alive series but im on a lot of other fighting game forums. My main game is SC5 (soul calibur 5) I play a very strong Siegfried and pretty much one of the top siegfrieds on xbox live. Haven't played in months though because i wanted to explore and play other fighting games like virtual fighter 5 FS, Tekken tag 2, Skullgirls, Street fighter Ultra and now Dead or alive 5 Ultimate.

Hopefully I'll be able to play in offline tourneys soon starting in Florida. For now I just wanna learn as much as i can about this game

Kimchi

Hey y'all! I'm Kimchi and I'm terrible at introductions.
I've been playing Dead or Alive since DOA2 and haven't missed a game since. I bought both an Xbox and a 360 when they came out just for DOA games haha. I was even a moderator on a DOAX forum roughly ten years ago. My favorite characters to play with are Kokoro, Helena and Marie Rose. I enjoy tons of different genres of games, fighting games being my favorite. Aside from DOA, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, and Soulcalibur are some of my favorites, but I'll try most any fighter once. Other hobbies I enjoy include drawing, cosplaying, toy collecting, photography and most things related to anime/manga. I'm excited to get back into the DOA community, because for too many years I just let social anxiety keep me from talking with people about the things I love. Anyways, enough rambling, it's nice to meet you all! :)

Last edited:

Kogetsu

Hey. I used to play DOA 3 and 4 casually back when they came out, but I've been trying to seriously get good at DOA5U for the last month and I joined this site because of all the helpful character guides and i like the community here. My favorite characters so far are Hitomi, Kasumi, Brad Wong, and Momiji.

Anders HD

Was wondering something, say if Im going for a title on 360 the ones that are 1000 and 3000 wins online, say I have X amount of wins on doa5u will these wins be carried over to doa5lr on Xbox 1 or will I have to start again?

Brute

Standard Donor
Was wondering something, say if Im going for a title on 360 the ones that are 1000 and 3000 wins online, say I have X amount of wins on doa5u will these wins be carried over to doa5lr on Xbox 1 or will I have to start again?
Going from Vanilla to 5U you had to start over, so if you're close to the title try and grind out that last leg and meet the threshold, or else you'll probably have to start over.

Anders HD

Going from Vanilla to 5U you had to start over, so if you're close to the title try and grind out that last leg and meet the threshold, or else you'll probably have to start over.

Ah ok thanks, but if I unlock the title it will carry over right?

Tetra Guard

Hello everyone. I have been playing fighting games all my life, but I am rather new to Dead or Alive. It quickly turned into one of my favorite fighters and I have decided that I definitely want to support this scene. Like @Voxxolki, (hello, by the way), I too am quite alone with my obsession, and I think it is time for change. I hope to go to some events once Last Round comes out and seriously learn this game.
Be seeing you all!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD