New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

PMSWedge

No GVN for me - that's pretty far for me since I am in Cali. I will be at the IPL event though - pretty excited for it! (Also I have no excuse, I live 20 min away and have nothing else going on that weekend).

I will try to coerce some more people into coming with me so they can see how fun these events are ^___^

Chris Harris

No GVN for me - that's pretty far for me since I am in Cali. I will be at the IPL event though - pretty excited for it! (Also I have no excuse, I live 20 min away and have nothing else going on that weekend).

I will try to coerce some more people into coming with me so they can see how fun these events are ^___^

Yay Wedge!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Nice, hope you can start planning now though to look into coming to NEC in December :).

jaewonz

hello again everyone,

i used to go by RyuHikaru on DOAC, but that handle has been retired for a while now . i remember most of you from the DOA2U and beyond days . the DOA community was the one of the only communities that i genuinely cared about, so i'm glad to see that all of the pointless drama that was frequently over there on the old server is now (for the most part) gone here at FSD . i met a lot of my current good friends by being a part of the DOA community over the past 5-6 years . . so i await welcoming some hungry newcomers to the community when DOA5 is released .

with all of that said, let's play some games .

-jay

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

East Coast has the biggest DOA scene hands down. Hope you can make some of the majors at some point, at least. Failing that you should help kickstart the west coast into action.. they had some problems with turnout to DOA events last time around. The players are definitely there, they just don't do anything. Get yourself a tazer and start motivating them =)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
East Coast has the biggest DOA scene hands down. Hope you can make some of the majors at some point, at least. Failing that you should help kickstart the west coast into action.. they had some problems with turnout to DOA events last time around. The players are definitely there, they just don't do anything. Get yourself a tazer and start motivating them =)

One of the common issues I forget about is that I think "Oh, it's California. You have a lot of players in California." Being on the east coast I'm used to driving through states from other states. I often forget immediately that California is half the size of the East Coast. So for many players it's like saying it's feasible to drive from South Carolina to Massachusetts.

Paulina

Hey everyone! =) Helena and Leifang player here. The name's Paulina. I got into DOA about ten years ago, back in the days of DOA3 and Blockbuster. You wouldn't know it by my skills, though. ^^" Definitely on the casual side of the spectrum. I'm hoping to up my game and get more competitive, especially now that I've found the community.

I've been getting psyched about 5 for several months. I was watching gameplay videos on Youtube recently, and stumbled across the IPL tournament at this year's E3. I've already recognized a couple people here that competed in the vids -- it's kind of surreal. I had no idea DOA had such a big following. I guess I assumed most fighting enthusiasts were into Tekken or SF (not really a fan of either). Hope I get to meet & hash it out with some of you. =)

Vanity Assassin

Hey everyone! =) Helena and Leifang player here. The name's Paulina. I got into DOA about ten years ago, back in the days of DOA3 and Blockbuster. You wouldn't know it by my skills, though. ^^" Definitely on the casual side of the spectrum. I'm hoping to up my game and get more competitive, especially now that I've found the community.

I've been getting psyched about 5 for several months. I was watching gameplay videos on Youtube recently, and stumbled across the IPL tournament at this year's E3. I've already recognized a couple people here that competed in the vids -- it's kind of surreal. I had no idea DOA had such a big following. I guess I assumed most fighting enthusiasts were into Tekken or SF (not really a fan of either). Hope I get to meet & hash it out with some of you. =)
Welcome, and I am a Helena player as well, we should play when five comes out

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Welcome. What state or region do you live in? There might be a tournament nearby that you can attend to meet up with some fellow forum goers :).

Paulina

Welcome. What state or region do you live in? There might be a tournament nearby that you can attend to meet up with some fellow forum goers :).
I'm from San Jose, CA. It's about an hour south of San Francisco. I was actually thinking of heading up to IGN's Hot Import Nights in San Mateo on the 18th.

It's funny, what you guys were talking about earlier; it really does seem like a hike to drive to another state if you live in California. ^^" The only time I go anywhere near state lines is when the fam goes up to Lake Tahoe, next to Nevada...even that's like 5 hours.

Welcome, and I am a Helena player as well, we should play when five comes out
Most def. Vanity. =)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The only time I go anywhere near state lines is when the fam goes up to Lake Tahoe, next to Nevada...even that's like 5 hours.

See, 5 hours for me is going from Maryland through Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and arriving in Connecticut, or driving through Washington D.C. and Virginia to arrive in North Carolina.

Paulina

See, 5 hours for me is going from Maryland through Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and arriving in Connecticut, or driving through Washington D.C. and Virginia to arrive in North Carolina.
For some reason I picture a bunch of trains running through the East Coast. Like "Oh, you live in NYC and wanna go to Baltimore? There's a train for that." :cool:

jaewonz

yup, and depending on how early you book (as well as which bus service you choose), you can get bus tickets for as low as one dollar, one way.

i've done plenty of trips from white marsh to NYC and back in the next morning to play at CF all day (when it was worth a damn) using megabus--it truly is such a great service.

bingsoo

Hi guys. I'm a DoA noob hoping to join the community. DoA5 will be my first ever DoA game since I've never had an Xbox/360. I've always been interested in the series, ever since playing DoA3 with my friend. I was so ecstatic that 5 was going multi-platform.

I am switching to DoA from MK9, which was the FG I've been playing up until recently. I have tried to go out to casuals and locals for MK9, but I eventually decided to switch out from the game because of the horrendous netcode. Online was a completely different game, and training with the AI for events that would cost money didn't seem reasonable to me.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot about the game here. I will probably be maining Rig and maybe Sarah because I love all taekwondo characters, but I have always had a thing for Kasumi, so I may try to learn her as well o.o Anyway, thanks! :D

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hi guys. I'm a DoA noob hoping to join the community. DoA5 will be my first ever DoA game since I've never had an Xbox/360. I've always been interested in the series, ever since playing DoA3 with my friend. I was so ecstatic that 5 was going multi-platform.

I am switching to DoA from MK9, which was the FG I've been playing up until recently. I have tried to go out to casuals and locals for MK9, but I eventually decided to switch out from the game because of the horrendous netcode. Online was a completely different game, and training with the AI for events that would cost money didn't seem reasonable to me.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot about the game here. I will probably be maining Rig and maybe Sarah because I love all taekwondo characters, but I have always had a thing for Kasumi, so I may try to learn her as well o.o Anyway, thanks! :D

Cool, you're in VA. I'm in MD. There's a few people here like Nordic Ninja or Blackula that are also in the VA area. NN is trying to start up tournaments for various games and will be running one the same weekend as IPL Round 2. Maybe I'll see you there :).

UnD34D

Welcome Paulina and bingsoo, also anyone else I didn't see. I'll admit I don't know the Cali landscape to well but I think San Fran is somewhat close to San Dog (San Diego), and I know San Dog has a good FGC. As for Virginia, its a hot bed of FGC activity, if you live in VA and can drive an hour or two at the most you'll get a scene. Most of the scene is split into three groups, SoVa (taking place in Chesapeake/VA Beach/Hampton), Richmond, and NoVA (they have big tournies at George Mason University). You guys have it lucky, I had to forge an offline scene here in Northern Japan and before that I lived in Iowa, where the nearest scene is Chicago which is not only a 4+ hour drive, but then you're also in Chicago -_-.

Paulina

Welcome Bingsoo! =) We're in the same boat; I've been playing DOA forever, but up until a few years ago, it was just button mashing with my friends. I've been watching "fundamentals" vids on Youtube, and it's embarrassing how much I've learned ^^; Like...core gameplay mechanics, like the triangle system, that I literally did not know. Derp.

I'll admit I don't know the Cali landscape to well but I think San Fran is somewhat close to San Dog (San Diego), and I know San Dog has a good FGC.
Heheh. X) They're actually an 8-hour drive apart, believe it or not. My dad had a business trip in San Diego about two years ago, and asked if I wanted to tag along. We had to fly down since driving was just too inconvenient.

UnD34D

Heheh. X) They're actually an 8-hour drive apart, believe it or not. My dad had a business trip in San Diego about two years ago, and asked if I wanted to tag along. We had to fly down since driving was just too inconvenient.

Oh my bad, I've only been there by ship, and EVERYTHING takes forever by ship, because we always do shit to fuck around on the way. Again, don't know the scene to well, but I know there is a SoCal and a NorCal scene, if you post up on here there are probably some players in the matchmaking thread, and if you go over to shoryuken.com I'm 100% they have a thread for NorCal and one for SoCal, they might not play a lot of DOA but there is an offline scene for sure and tons of tournaments, and honestly, if you get into the Tekken or VF scene, your DOA game will also improve, no doubt.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD