New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

ThePhilocypher

Hey Guys, I'm still learning the forums. I've been playing DOA off and on since the first DOA. I got really into DOA2U and fell in love with the game. Then moved up to 4 where I took my skills to a higher level but sitll not good enough. Life went by and I pretty much passed up 5. I was the best in my city but that's not saying much AT ALL. Finally, as a journalist, I decided to go to Summer Jam 9 to cover the tournament. I had a friend that was also going for DOA5U. It was then that I got to meet the DOA community and fell in love with the game all over again. Now I train almost every day and go to a FGC weekly. I'm the only one playing DOA at my FGC, but my constant training has encouraged others to start going out to tournaments for their favorite fighters.

I Primarily play on PS3(untill i get the Darth Vader PS4!!), but I also play on ps4 at my FGC. My tag is Philocypher on ps3 and I'm a Brad Wong player. I would love to train with some people who are also into DOA. Nice to meet you all.

Hello, I've been on this site since April but only recently started posting here, as I actually forgot I had an account here and I stopped playing DOA for a while. xP
I've been playing DOA since DOAU. I think I was around 8 or 9 years old when I first played it and I loved it. c:
My main has always been Kasumi, however I also use Kokoro, Marie Rose, Honoka, Ayane and Hitomi.

I'm a really shy person, but I'm generally friendly and willing to become friends with anyone, and I'd love to meet some new people here. Glad to be a part of the DOA community! c:
Hello! what console do you play on?

Last edited by a moderator:

BRG Choy

Hi, new player here from Montreal, Canada. I just got into DOA5LR a few weeks ago. My experience with fighting games has mostly been with old school 2D games (Capcom/SNK stuff, and MvC2) rather than 3D ones. Actually, as far as 3D games go, I've only briefly dabbled in Tekken 5 and SC2 back in the days.

Currently, my main is Tina but I've been thinking of switching with another character, though I don't know who to choose because I can't grasp most characters' playstyle yet. Is there a defensive, spacing, hit-and-run or "zoning" character in DOA5 I can pick up (and annoy people with)?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hi everyone, new player here. Just recently got into DOA sometime last year and I hail from Los Angeles, CA. I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to join. Its nice to meet you all :)

Welcome! If you're in LA, and you are free this weekend, it might be cool to check out So Cal Regionals at the Ontario Convention Center. There's some players there who would love to give tips, improvements, and games in to help you level up. @iHajinShinobi for example.

The Enforcer

@ThePhilocypher I don't check this thread often, but welcome! There's a few people floating around from Michigan. It's a bummer that we're on opposite sides of the state. We do have a few regulars near the Detroit area. Not sure if you are able to drive to events or not, but we'll at least have a DOA Tourney at Youmacon end of the month.

CityOfAngels

Welcome! If you're in LA, and you are free this weekend, it might be cool to check out So Cal Regionals at the Ontario Convention Center. There's some players there who would love to give tips, improvements, and games in to help you level up. @iHajinShinobi for example.

That's awesome! I'll definitely have to try to make it there sometime this weekend. Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. 'Cause god knows I need all the help I can get considering how much of a little n00b I am at this game, haha.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
That's awesome! I'll definitely have to try to make it there sometime this weekend. Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. 'Cause god knows I need all the help I can get considering how much of a little n00b I am at this game, haha.

Hey there @CityOfAngels , welcome to FreeStepDodge and it is a pleasure meeting your acquaintance. SoCal Regionals is a tournament major happening this weekend, starting Friday.

DOA will be played Friday starting at 6pm. You don't have to enter as a participate, but you can definitely go as a spectator if you'd like and can play casuals with everyone before and after pools are done.

Aside from this event, the Los Angeles area definitely has an offline scene down there (I live in NorCal so I'll only be out there this weekend for SCR). Most of the SoCal players will actually be at SCR as well and they have casuals on weekends regularly. They are always welcoming to more players wanting to join the offline scene.

Players like @Commmanda Panda @Vincent Rayne and @ModusPwnins for example are some players you can send a message to you here about where you can meet up for casuals.

You could try posting in the SoCal thread here if you're interested; http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-official-socal-doa-thread.576/page-68

CityOfAngels

Hey there @CityOfAngels , welcome to FreeStepDodge and it is a pleasure meeting your acquaintance. SoCal Regionals is a tournament major happening this weekend, starting Friday.

DOA will be played Friday starting at 6pm. You don't have to enter as a participate, but you can definitely go as a spectator if you'd like and can play casuals with everyone before and after pools are done.

Aside from this event, the Los Angeles area definitely has an offline scene down there (I live in NorCal so I'll only be out there this weekend for SCR). Most of the SoCal players will actually be at SCR as well and they have casuals on weekends regularly. They are always welcoming to more players wanting to join the offline scene.

Players like @Commmanda Panda @Vincent Rayne and @ModusPwnins for example are some players you can send a message to you here about where you can meet up for casuals.

You could try posting in the SoCal thread here if you're interested; http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-official-socal-doa-thread.576/page-68

Hi @iHajinShinobi its a pleasure to meet you too :)

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time out fill me in on the DOA SoCal scene. I seriously appreciate it. If I get a chance to go this weekend its good to know being a spectator is welcome. Because that's exactly what I'll most likely being doing lol.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Hi @iHajinShinobi its a pleasure to meet you too :)

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time out fill me in on the DOA SoCal scene. I seriously appreciate it. If I get a chance to go this weekend its good to know being a spectator is welcome. Because that's exactly what I'll most likely being doing lol.

No problem, here is the event page for SCR for you;

https://www.facebook.com/events/1531984730397880/

As well as the website about registration;

http://socalregionals.com/

Spectator's fee is only $10 for a day pass, or $25 for a weekend pass.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hello I am new to FSD and I came here to meet new people and I want to be a better Pai. I've always liked Pai and idk why! I have been using her for 3 months now but I am struggling and like I know she's hard to use but I am dedicated and hoping that someone on Xbox One can help me out. I am also new to the DOA series.
@VAND1TA

Greetings! Hope you enjoy your stay at FSD!

If you need any assistance with DOA5LR, I can help you out! :)

KING JAIMY

Hello I am new to FSD and I came here to meet new people and I want to be a better Pai. I've always liked Pai and idk why! I have been using her for 3 months now but I am struggling and like I know she's hard to use but I am dedicated and hoping that someone on Xbox One can help me out. I am also new to the DOA series.
Welcome to FSD! Your name sounds familiar. In fact, if I recall correctly you were chatting on the stream of the tournament held in the UK today. =)

Pai is indeed a cool (albeit somewhat underrated) character and I'm glad you are having fun with her. If you ever want to have some matches on Xbox One, feel free to add me. GT is KING JAIMY (Region: Europe).
:momiji::rig::jacky:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD