New York DOA5

Tenryuga

Perhaps a monthly is the most financially feasible for most. Shelling out $80 a month on venue and entry fee not including travel and food fees is a lot.

The most practical would be a bi-weekly $40 a month not including food and travel fees or a monthly $20 a month not including food and travel fees. Both of these sound reasonable.

Btw I grew up in pretty much every borough of NY all my life. I only recently moved out to Yonkers NY. I hate traveling as well unless its vacation fun but perhaps for a bi-weekly or monthly it shouldn't be so bad.

I dunno was just interested in an actual local tournament since I have zero desire to play in the bullshit that is DOA5U online anymore where negative frames are positive and people play like they have nothing to lose.

Amen.

I support this idea. I have also been wanting NYC to get something like a local tournament going. We've a lot more players than we used to so it should be possible now. We can start small with like 10 ppl. Entry fee should be 10 bucks.

For the prize split I say 50% First place 30% Second Place 20% Third place. If we get more entrants and ppl showing this can change but for now this seems fair.

I also support it being monthly. 20 bucks a month isn't so bad especially when you have a shot at evening it out or profiting a little bit. Sound good to you guys?

Since were there a decent amount of time anyway I don't see it conflicting with casual sessions. Another option would be making the tournament Bi - Monthly. That way one month could be casual sessions and another would be the tournament + casual sessions if players are up for it.

Last edited:

splslick

@Something-Unique
Personally I don't have an issue with running a tournament during these offline sessions. It helps give the players more experience in that type of setting especially for the ones that want to compete at Summer Jam and The Fall Classic. The only problem I see from this is that there won't be a good enough number that would show up for an offline tournament from what I have seen. On average, we normally get less than 10 people showing up for a session. So I wouldn't know if more people would show up for a tournament. Then again, I'm sure if it's advertised on all the fgc forums and everyone talks to their friends about it, then I see the number of entrants will be higher. We can try that setup once to see how it pans out. The setups aren't a problem since Next Level has a bunch of ps3 and 360.

In terms of doing a biweekly vs a monthly, I wouldn't mind a biweekly event. It gives me more incentive to play and allows me to play more offline since I really don't hate the online to this game. We can maybe do it where we meet up twice a month. The first time would be a casual session and the second time would be an actual tournament. If I remember correctly, VF and Tekken only met up once a month and it worked out for them. I know that this is a different community but I'm sure this can work out. I'm open to any idea to be honest

@Tenryuga
That setup can work as well. By any chance, will you be making it to this month's session???

splslick

I live in NYC, but I'm not a big fan of travelling outside of Manhattan(without cabs or a car). I'm fairly busy and constant travelling isn't exactly within my means.
I don't mind hosting a session at my place since I live in manhattan. But I only have 1 tv at the moment and it's pretty laggy =[....Planning on buying at least 2 BenQ monitors so that I don't have a laggy setup. Also, Next Level isn't too bad. Just take the D train to 9th ave and just walk a bit. My only suggestion though would be to leave too late that way you can catch the train without having to wait a long ass time

splslick

We need to convince Next Level to use that big screen. BlazBlue, Marvel & even VF did it.
If we tell them that we are doing a tournament, they might allow us to use their setup. It doesn't really matter if we have a stream or not to be honest. As long as the tournament runs smoothly, that's all that matters to me :D

Last edited:

Hold_Junkie93

If we tell them that we are doing a tournament, they might allow us to use their setup. It doesn't really matter if we have a stream or not to be honest. As long as the tournament runs smoothly, that's all that matters to me :D
That reminds me, anyone happen to watch the vf stream sometimes? Lol getting my ass whooped is pretty fun somehow.

BboyDragon

Premium Donor
well me personally I rather have it be monthly @Something-Unique cause i'm coming up there once a month from Boston anyways, so it would be great if we can run tournament, I love me tournament play. anyways you guys ready next weekend two birthday celebrations. party over here party over there

Hold_Junkie93

well from what I know 7 days from now right @Hold_Junkie93 @splslick
Oh, man, I can't wait to see how these match-ups are gonna differ from the last time I saw you guys. Going to bring my ps3, again. Want some of those games saved on my ps3 for personal enjoyment, and a lil training method of mine. Not that, I'm trying see how you guys just play. Myself specifically to improve upon my playstyle, n stuff.

Something-Unique

Seems like everyone likes the monthly setup for the tournament. Bi-weekly for the casuals or however you guys already run your casuals.

Sounds dope if you ask me. How many people in total is the NY scene for casuals on average currently atm. If u add me an bboy (out of state) once a month what's that?

I might be able to make the bi as well but not yet.

splslick

Seems like everyone likes the monthly setup for the tournament. Bi-weekly for the casuals or however you guys already run your casuals.

Sounds dope if you ask me. How many people in total is the NY scene for casuals on average currently atm. If u add me an bboy (out of state) once a month what's that?

I might be able to make the bi as well but not yet.
As of right now, about 6-8 on average show up. But the people that show up are just the ones in this group.....If I contact a few other people, the number would go up since they don't use FSD =[

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD