New York DOA5

GovTD

Hey guys, I'm like three miles out of Buffalo. Anyone in this thread that's nearby that'd be up for some local get togethers some time in the future? I was mainly looking to do some offline practice as I'm thinking about finally going out and participating in some tournaments soon.

splslick

Hey guys, I'm like three miles out of Buffalo. Anyone in this thread that's nearby that'd be up for some local get togethers some time in the future? I was mainly looking to do some offline practice as I'm thinking about finally going out and participating in some tournaments soon.
I know there was an upstate NY thread before...Unfortunately it died off from what I see =[

GovTD

I know there was an upstate NY thread before...Unfortunately it died off from what I see =[
Damn, that sucks. Guess I'm gonna have to try and convince some of the local tekken players to give DOA a shot, though that doesn't seem likely. Sucks that nobody outside of the DOA community takes the game too seriously. It really does offer a pretty damn good game if you're willing to give it a shot.

splslick

Damn, that sucks. Guess I'm gonna have to try and convince some of the local tekken players to give DOA a shot, though that doesn't seem likely. Sucks that nobody outside of the DOA community takes the game too seriously. It really does offer a pretty damn good game if you're willing to give it a shot.
That's how I feel too...People just assume this game is all fanservice with no deep gameplay =[

YOLOclutch

I saw the front page post. This is a surprise. I thought there was no NYC scene (almost lost hope). What is the frequency of meet ups at Next Level? Is it like the VF scene, like every Tuesday?

splslick

I saw the front page post. This is a surprise. I thought there was no NYC scene (almost lost hope). What is the frequency of meet ups at Next Level? Is it like the VF scene, like every Tuesday?
Right now like once a month but I'm going to assume it's going to happen more frequent once ECT ends and school is over for everyone. When that happens, I'm looking at once every two weeks or something like that

splslick

Whacho mean? Is it money thing? I'll sponsor you. But you need this jump suit son.
It's a mix of not getting the days off and money =[...But you don't have to worry about sponsoring me :p

*Also, Mother's Day happens to fall on that Sunday as well =[

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD