Ninja Gaiden 4 - Where should the story go?

UpSideDownGRUNT

AS long as they don't do any more demon arms or anything like that

1. I like the Dragon Sword and would prefer to keep it rather than making a random mention to Hayate for the Jinran Maru
2. the whole gimmick was stupid and tedious they did it better in NG3:RE but it was still tedious.

Also, please no more Troy Baker I have nothing against the guy but it's too weird that Hayabusa has the exact same voice as Snow made me think Ryu was gonna start shouting STEELGUARD everytime I blocked and Ali Hillis as Mizuki didn't help playing through the game with Snow and Lightning's voices made it awkward for me I couldn't wait to change it back to JP to hear that Hideyuki Hori goodness (in NG3 it forced you to begin straight away so I couldn't change to JP first hand)

Neiko

personally i can see a mix between previous posts
-jo dying
-mugen tenshin
for a longer story mode with more opportunities for cutscenes because we all play campaign for those cutscences

I say when it comes to american voice acting give it to Johnny Yong Bosch As for the Japanese Keep the guy who did ninja garden sigma2

UpSideDownGRUNT

I say when it comes to american voice acting give it to Johnny Yong Bosch As for the Japanese Keep the guy who did ninja garden sigma2

JYB would be even worse! and Hideyuki Hori has been voicing Ryu Hayabusa since 1996 he wasn't just NGS2

id rather have some action scenes i gotta say im jealous of DMC fans when it comes to that.

yeah DMC is good for that even DmC had some awesome action scenes the only thing that game lacked was a good protagonist. something that's been missing since DMC1

Brute

Standard Donor
yeah DMC is good for that even DmC had some awesome action scenes the only thing that game lacked was a good protagonist. something that's been missing since DMC1
1) DmC had no good action scenes in its cutscenes
2) DMC 1 Dante is actually kinda boring
3) DMC3 Dante is the best action game protagonsit ever.
4) DmC was lacking a lot more things than that
5) This is getting totally off-topic. My apologies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

1) DmC had no good action scenes in its cutscenes
2) DMC 1 Dante is actually kinda boring
3) DMC3 Dante is the best action game protagonsit ever.
4) DmC was lacking a lot more things than that
5) This is getting totally off-topic. My apologies.

1) DmCs ending was pretty alright
2) DMC1 Dante was the epitomy of awesome
3) DMC3 Dante was a douche I hate DMC3 Dante although still not as bad as DmC Dante that we can agree on
4) DmC(Xbox 360) had no issues with me it played smoothly, had no glitches and has an awesome OST/gameplay
5) I'll fix that by saying that NG4 could use some improved gameplay aspects maybe potions can return or better yet maybe it could be less linear, and it could try not to move away from Hayabusa's personality when he gets raged at the Regent it just seemed completely out of character to me.

Brute

Standard Donor
1) DmCs ending was pretty alright
2) DMC1 Dante was the epitomy of awesome
3) DMC3 Dante was a douche I hate DMC3 Dante although still not as bad as DmC Dante that we can agree on
4) DmC(Xbox 360) had no issues with me it played smoothly, had no glitches and has an awesome OST/gameplay
5) I'll fix that by saying that NG4 could use some improved gameplay aspects maybe potions can return or better yet maybe it could be less linear, and it could try not to move away from Hayabusa's personality when he gets raged at the Regent it just seemed completely out of character to me.
4) DmC's soundtrack was mighty boring compared to DMC1,3 and 4s. Gameplay was visually unimpressive, art design was lame and brown/gray all the time, had zero atmosphere, no sense of customization, weak feeling wepaons, stupid/unintimidating enemies, poor replay incentive/nlocks etc. I could go on for days if I wanted to. DmCs not "bad" I guess even compared to the highly flawed DMC4 it's vastly disappointing.
5) Agreed.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Immortals bore me I prefer people who have to actually try to accomplish things if they do actions scenes in NG4 I'd prefer then not to be completley one sided.

Xernuht

I'm gonna flip my shit if Troy Baker doesn't stay on as Ryu. While there were some issues with his DOA5 version, his NG3 was dead-on, and Baker himself is a much better voice actor than any of his English predecessors.

That said, a new villain, maybe just a mid-game boss minion, must now be a bloodthirsty psycho voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch. Why? Why not.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I've gotten nothing against the two but I hear them literally everywhere -_-

Anyhow back on topic I really hope TN expands on the black spider clan before they to extinct I loved reading their journals and seeing how human they actually were.didn't even need them screaming for mercy it was subtle and completely optional l.I want those journals back at the very least

Brute

Standard Donor
Immortals bore me I prefer people who have to actually try to accomplish things if they do actions scenes in NG4 I'd prefer then not to be completley one sided.
If you're referring to Dante, he can actually be killed, permanently, unlike Ryu who is simply brought back to life by a falcon spirit when he dies.

I'm gonna flip my shit if Troy Baker doesn't stay on as Ryu. While there were some issues with his DOA5 version, his NG3 was dead-on,
Hehe, no.

and Baker himself is a much better voice actor than any of his English predecessors.
I guess. I don't plan on using English voices so I suppose I couldn't care less what they do in that regard.

Xernuht

If you're referring to Dante, he can actually be killed, permanently, unlike Ryu who is simply brought back to life by a falcon spirit when he dies.

... to be honest, there hasn't really been a DMC game where Dante's actually had his life threatened convincingly.

Hehe, no.

I guess. I don't plan on using English voices so I suppose I couldn't care less what they do in that regard.

Personal preference, I guess. Either way, I prefer the English, so Troy Baker must stay. As must Hideyuki Hori, but I doubt that will ever change.

Brute

Standard Donor
... to be honest, there hasn't really been a DMC game where Dante's actually had his life threatened convincingly.
Vergil almost killed Dante and was right about to finish him off until Arkham stopped him.

Xernuht

Vergil almost killed Dante and was right about to finish him off until Arkham stopped him.

What? You mean at Mission 6 in 3? I guess that counts... although that was pre-DT. After he got DT, he became invincible in-story.

Maybe 'Busa should get a Devil Trigger-type move?

Brute

Standard Donor
I should really get the NGS+ titles, shouldn't I? (No Xbox, fyi)
By "+" do you mean the Vita titles or the PS3 ones? Never played the Vita ones myself. Kinda curious.

Shame about no xbox. I don't have mine hooked up anymore, either, but Black is the best NG in the series and is a good deal superior to the PS equivalent, Sigma. Sigma 2 has pros and cons with the Xbox NG2. Some better, some worse. Regardless, all 4 are great games.

Xernuht

By "+" do you mean the Vita titles or the PS3 ones? Never played the Vita ones myself. Kinda curious.

Shame about no xbox. I don't have mine hooked up anymore, either, but Black is the best NG in the series and is a good deal superior to the PS equivalent, Sigma. Sigma 2 has pros and cons with the Xbox NG2. Some better, some worse. Regardless, all 4 are great games.

I mean the Vita ones. I actually was considering NGS+, but I started RE instead.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The single best entry is the Xbox Ninja Gaiden Black. If you have access to an Xbox or 360 you can play it.

But let's get back to the Ninja Gaiden 4 story, shall we?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD