Ninja Gaiden Thread

Argentus

So I just picked up Sigma Plus on the vita..this will be my first time replaying the original game in like ten years so I'm excited.

Although supremely annoyed that the graphics are noticeably inferior. I remember ng looking great for its time but is it just my nostalgia talking or is sigma plus using much simpler lighting (no shadowing on anything) and simplified textures? Maybe its just the lighting but its already bugging the hell out of me and I'm still in the ninja hideout.

Was the ps3 port like this too with the lesser visuals?

Though they did add bloom and the fast loading times are welcome.

There's also sigma 2 plus or whatever but I'm waiting till next paycheck. I have to use the rest of this one to pay some overdue debts with people...

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Vita's harder is weaker than the ps3, so downgraded graphics is to be expect but at least it runs at a smooth 60fps (I think it runs at 60fps :eek:)

Ps3 port of NGB is much prettier.

Sigma 2 plus runs terrible and looks terrible. Not to mention getting a plat for it is literally impossible.

Argentus

Vita's harder is weaker than the ps3, so downgraded graphics is to be expect but at least it runs at a smooth 60fps (I think it runs at 60fps :eek:)

Sigma 2 plus runs terrible and looks terrible. Not to mention getting a plat for it is literally impossible.
But I don't think the vistas hardware is much worse than the original Xbox, right? I mean I see other HD remakes rendered flawlessly on vita like metal gear, etc. So why is ninja gaiden the only one that looks worse than the original?

UpSideDownGRUNT

The only "plus" (badum tish) with NGS2+ is it has the DOA Throwback although it's weird that NGS2+ has the throwback and not NGS+ considering the throwback made it's NG debut in NG Black...

Anyway I vastly prefer the actual NG Black to Sigma/Sigma + anyway
it has the OG 3 NES games and the throwback/exclusive demon Ryu costume ;)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor

Sigma Plus runs at 30fps and Sigma on PS3 isn't a port of Black, it's a rebuild that's inferior. Mid-level loading zones that can even happen during combat (in Tairon, mostly), removing certain cutscenes in favor of playable sequences that were largely unnecessary, and the six-axis ninpo charging garbage was truly stupid. Rachel's missions being required were yet another stupid decision. It is better looking but that's about all I'd give it.

Argentus

Sigma Plus runs at 30fps and Sigma on PS3 isn't a port of Black, it's a rebuild that's inferior. Mid-level loading zones that can even happen during combat (in Tairon, mostly), removing certain cutscenes in favor of playable sequences that were largely unnecessary, and the six-axis ninpo charging garbage was truly stupid. Rachel's missions being required were yet another stupid decision. It is better looking but that's about all I'd give it.
So basically this isn't gonna be as good as the original...

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
If Sigma Plus is something like Sigma for the Ps3 you'll still enjoy it unless you hate Sigma. I personally just can't stand the shitty new music xD.

I had no problems with it except the terrible new music and the shaking ninpo like Cyber said. If you did karma runs back in black you might find it annoying in Sigma because the time limits are insane.

I wouldn't even pick up Sigma 2. I haven't played both of them but I read that Sigma 2 just runs like pure crap.

Last edited:

Argentus

If Sigma Plus is something like Sigma for the Ps3 you'll still enjoy it unless you hate Sigma. I personally just can't stand the shitty new music xD.

I had no problems with it except the terrible new music and the shaking ninpo like Cyber said. If you did karma runs back in black you might find it annoying in Sigma because the time limits are insane.

I wouldn't even pick up Sigma 2. I haven't played both of them but I read that Sigma 2 just runs like pure crap.
Yeah the music is terrible lol. The environments also lack the sleek sheen that was signature for team ninja back then

Argentus

So aside from the worse graphics I've discovered three things I'm not big on

1) the game is far easier so far due to getting money way faster so you can buy upgrades earlier, as well as the game throwing all the upgrades like flying swallow at you right off the bat in the first level.

2) I don't remember there even BEING stun in the original. Whereas in this one the soldiers are stunlocking me with their attacks which is really annoying because I can never due any attacks with any kind of delay such as essence charges or combos. Spam izuna and flying swallow seems to be the best bet so far.

3) I just found out they removed Ninja of the Future, my favorite costume ever, and replaced it with the shitty "regular ryu with a bloody arm" from ng3. WHAT THE FUCK. So much for replay value....

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
So aside from the worse graphics I've discovered three things I'm not big on

1) the game is far easier so far due to getting money way faster so you can buy upgrades earlier, as well as the game throwing all the upgrades like flying swallow at you right off the bat in the first level.

2) I don't remember there even BEING stun in the original. Whereas in this one the soldiers are stunlocking me with their attacks which is really annoying because I can never due any attacks with any kind of delay such as essence charges or combos. Spam izuna and flying swallow seems to be the best bet so far.

3) I just found out they removed Ninja of the Future, my favorite costume ever, and replaced it with the shitty "regular ryu with a bloody arm" from ng3. WHAT THE FUCK. So much for replay value....
It was removed from Sigma and naturally is gone in Sigma Plus.

I don't agree with the game being easier than original solely due to karma. They actually take steps to prevent you from getting the UF too early whereas I believe you could have it by Chapter 7 in Black. As for the stun thing, you're standing still or blocking too much. You're a Super Ninja. Act like it. Even on Master Ninja you shouldn't ever have to worry about that sort of thing. Work on your movement.

Argentus

It was removed from Sigma and naturally is gone in Sigma Plus.

I don't agree with the game being easier than original solely due to karma. They actually take steps to prevent you from getting the UF too early whereas I believe you could have it by Chapter 7 in Black. As for the stun thing, you're standing still or blocking too much. You're a Super Ninja. Act like it. Even on Master Ninja you shouldn't ever have to worry about that sort of thing. Work on your movement.
Trying. Can't move in cramped hallways (ch3) and for some reason sigma has a helluva time tracking enemies (so many times trying to attack only for ryu to whiff and just land in front if or behind enemies.)

Also why would they ever remove a costume? Let alone the original unlockable?! Is the plasma saber still there or what?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Plasma saber gone to I think lol D:

Have you tried aiming the stick towards enemy direction before attacking?

Argentus

Plasma saber gone to I think lol D:

Have you tried aiming the stick towards enemy direction before attacking?
Yes I'm not THAT clueless lol.

.well fuck I may return this game then. Honestly replaying as a light saber samurai was most of the appeal of playing again for me. Between all the changes I think I'm better off trying to find a refurbished original xbox to play my old original copy...

Like none of the changes so far are good ones

Argentus

Lol I forgot that ryu is the worst ninja ever. Even a random Moroccan in a trenchcoat can sneak up to and away from him, right in front of him.

Seriously what kind of ninja is always ambushed?!

And oh so thats where Rachel's air throw comes from.

Argentus

Gamov is an ex black spider ninja, not just some random Moroccan. not sure why you thought he was aribic
Whenever I see those glasses I also picture a fez to go with it to complete the Moroccan stereotype lol. It was a joke more than anything else.

And freakin spoilers dude. I just remembered him as the guy who said rachel will be fine then got sampled by the DDB at the end and that's it.

Haven't played ng since the original so any content added since black/sigma/ plus is new to me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD