Ninja Gaiden Thread

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I just cant see this statue costing anywhere near $300 to make. I know they got to profit but damn $300 is crazy lol. Still unsure if I should keep the pre order or cancel lol.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Hey did anyone else used to find NG2's hit sound misleading?

You block an attack like normal, take no damage but it would still play the same "injured" audio for when Ryu does actually lose HP because of an attack. It was only in vanilla as well, im pretty sure they fixed/removed it in NGS2.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
so i recently joined on facebook group for NG4 and i dont think the mod knows what he's doing. i recently showed them the pic that showed Hayate and Ryu fighting and stated clearly i couldn't tell if it was for NG4 or Razors Edge, then the guy just post the picture up with zero context. i just told you im unsure of it please put a safety net down before you get everyone hopes up.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Im pretty sure its for NGRE. It looks like a concept art that takes place in the beginning of Day 5. I think they were planning to have Hayate playable in NGRE but decided not to.

Edit: Looking at it again I think its drawn near the mountain area where all the fiends came out in NG2. Anyway I don't even know why people think that is NG4 related when you can clearly see the grip of murder curse on Ryu's arm lol.......

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Im pretty sure its for NGRE. It looks like a concept art that takes place in the beginning of Day 5. I think they were planning to have Hayate playable in NGRE but decided not to.

Edit: Looking at it again I think its drawn near the mountain area where all the fiends came out in NG2. Anyway I don't even know why people think that is NG4 related when you can clearly see the grip of murder curse on Ryu's arm lol.......

im so used to seeing that my mind blanks it out. its interesting how much effort went into the re-release, do you normally do concept art for whats practically the same game? im also curious about the elemental swords with lighting and fire.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
im so used to seeing that my mind blanks it out. its interesting how much effort went into the re-release, do you normally do concept art for whats practically the same game? im also curious about the elemental swords with lighting and fire.

I wouldn't say a lot of effort went into the game as its full of bugs and exploits. They didn't even ever bother patching the Jeep crash bug in Day 8.
Not sure about the lightning and fire, maybe has to do something with the swords or its just an artistic style or something to show where Ryu/Hayate slashed their swords haha no idea xD

I wouldn't give too much thought about this drawing. Its screaming NG3/NGRE. Heck even the enemies in that picture are drawn exactly as they appear in NG3/NGRE.

Cyber said NGRE was already announced for the Wii when NG3 wasn't even released so who knows when this picture was drawn.

Kronin

@Russian-chiropractic19 So far we have no official screenshot, art and so on from Ninja Gaiden 4, there is no way that we can have seen something coming from it.

That picture was showned on screen during an interview with Hayashi and Inafune (about Ninja Gaiden Yaiba) while in background the TN's director was talking about them working on the actual sequel of the proper Ninja Gaiden series (not sure if he mentioned explicitely "Ninja Gaiden 4"), talking as the main series is something separated from the spin-off of Yaiba in both the gameplay and spirit and so no one should fear of the latter being the replacement of it.

People as always don't think and jump directly to the conclusions, so I'm not amazed that, seeing the picture and hearing these words, someone could have thought: "Look, that is a NG4 preview".

PS: Finally, the cursed arm of Ryu in that picture should cut any doubts about the source of the concept art. It's also interesting to notice that Ryu, unable to use the Dragon Sword, is fighting with two different blades while Hayate is very likely keeping the Jinran-Maru for himself in this alternative scenario.

953c9c9a020a64d00bb9ab5327eae4d2.png

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I would totally buy that if it was his traditional (post-Xbox) costume. Shame.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Does anyone know where I can find a Yaiba walkthrough in Japanese? I really want to hear the Izuna cliffhanger in Hideyuki Hori voice. Unless the game is only in english? :eek:

Edit: Ok after some researching I found out if you change your Ps3 system language the Japanese the in game voices changes to Japanese.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Oh snap

Heads up for anyone who bought the Ryu statue:

"Due to the West coast heat wave, and the substantial wait times at the local ports, Multiverse has concerns regarding the possibility of warpage on the Ninja Gaiden 3: Ryu Hayabusa Limited Release statue."

"If you should experience any warpage of the statue that makes inserting the Ryu Hayabusa figure into the Base difficult, please DO NOT FORCE the statue onto the base; it may result in breakage that is not covered by our standard warranty. Our suggestion is to use a hair dryer to slowly heat the legs of the statue at a safe distance (about 6" – 8") so that there is more give when inserting the feet into the base."

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Does anyone know where I can find a Yaiba walkthrough in Japanese? I really want to hear the Izuna cliffhanger in Hideyuki Hori voice. Unless the game is only in english? :eek:

Edit: Ok after some researching I found out if you change your Ps3 system language the Japanese the in game voices changes to Japanese.
I found the Japanese language files on my pc copy as well. Game is much more playable on pc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD