Ninja Gaiden Thread

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Don't care what platform it's on. I'll buy it wherever. I'd prefer multiplatform, though. Exclusivity does not benefit action games at all. Just look at Bayonetta 2 for a recent cautionary tale.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
"There was a rumor on 4chan. A user who claimed to be leaking games for E3 2017. Stated that Ninja Gaiden 4 was going to be announced at E3 as an exclusive for the Xbox One due to Phil's trip to Japan, and Devil May Cry 5 was going to be announced as an exclusive for the PS4. Neither game was announced, and now I am having trouble locating the original post of said rumors. They are likely both 100% false. Especially since neither was announced like the rumor claimed. Though you should have seen how salty the DMC sub Reddit was after they thought DMC was coming, and they saw Dante on screen at E3 only to realize it's a promo for Dante coming to the new Marvel Vs Capcom.

At this point the unfortunate truth is that there has been no official word, or hints from the developer about a new Ninja Gaiden game since we first heard about NG4 after Yaiba's release. The last update that we heard from Tecmo was that they thought the series was important, and would return in the future. But that it needed to rest in the shadows for a while. We haven't even heard about next Gen ports for the existing games either.

I sincerely hope we get Ninja Gaiden 4. That's its a fantastic game, and that it's available on all platforms."

Sotherius

We don't know when we will get more ninja gaiden, but i have high hopes it will happen eventually, is just a thing i don't see they dropping.

Brute

Standard Donor
Honestly, even if another Ninja Gaiden game does come around, if it's not on the quality level of Nioh, I will probably be extremely disappointed after the initial excitement wears off. Despite having a personal bias with respect to NG2's combat, visuals and music, if I put my nostalgia aside, Nioh is a much better overall game than any Ninja Gaiden to date. I know that will offend a lot of people in here, and I'm not saying that everything about Nioh is better (I'm personally not crazy about its Dark-Souls inspired elements, for example). But if someone told me that I could choose right now between having Ninja Gaiden 4 or Nioh's third DLC, I'd pick the latter in a heartbeat.

Sotherius

Ok, i think i can agree with that sentiment to some extent.

I feel that Nioh is a much better game, because it is a complete game, completely tested out, complete content, and in general, it doesn't have game breaking glitches and is a much balanced experience overall (well, as balanced as something with diablo-style loot system can be anyways).
While i think nioh could use some things from dark souls that didn't use (i'm being really specific here, i mean just weapon and armor upgrade and loot system in general).

If we're going to compare, the only Ninja Gaiden game that stands against NiOH in just being a fully fledged out and complete game, is Ninja gaiden Black, and that game is what? 13 years old right now.

But i still enjoy the style of combat and approach of ninja gaiden more, and i think it does things that not any other action game series do, and i'm really glad NiOH is a thing on its own, even though i hate the loot and upgrade systems in the game, i still feel that the game as an action game stands out among the rest really well.

Having said this, i think current Team Ninja can nail the next ninja gaiden and make a perfect game, if first, the project is handled by fumihiko yasuda (director of nioh, and also the responsible from ninja gaiden 3 razor's edge), when i think that NG3RE came out less than a year after Vanilla NG3, i think of the potential that Fumihiko has handling the team by himself from the beginning. It is also worth noting that TN took lessons in enemy design, and also about learning from fan-feedback in this period, which is also something important.

If Ninja Gaiden 4 is a project handled with care, time, and budget, it can be something great, better than any previous ninja gaiden game, the potential is there.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
game breaking glitches.

Well I wouldn't say that ahahaha (but they do usually end up fixing them). I do feel that NiOh brought some life into me regarding action type games. Before it was NG and I craved for another one years after NG3:RE was released. Then they brought NiOh to which I once thought it was a lost project forgotten or just flat out cancelled without telling anyone. Heck, NiOh originally wasn't suppose to be like this if I remember. It was suppose to be some sort of open world RPG Dynasty Warriors-type where you see other players out in the open or some case that I read in some article way years back. It even had a very old trailer that's pretty different than the final game.

I still would like another Ninja Gaiden though.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ninja Gaiden is my favorite gaming franchise of all time and likely won't be unseated, as much as I love Nioh. I will always take more Ninja Gaiden in any form.

UpSideDownGRUNT

If Ninja Gaiden is gonna make a comeback it needs to come back and hit the hardest it's hit in years.

The absolute last thing we need is another Ninja Gaiden 3 Vanilla or Yaiba, but I also wouldn't want it to be Nioh with Hayabusa either. We need Ninja gaiden 4 to be the best Ninja Gaiden since Black which let's be honest is going to be hard to accomplish.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Ninja Gaiden is my favorite gaming franchise of all time and likely won't be unseated, as much as I love Nioh. I will always take more Ninja Gaiden in any form.

Amen

Ninja Gaiden is one of those games that are on my special list. Sure there will and has been games that come out that I absolutely love but at the end of the day NG > All

Hoping for some news at TGS....not sure what happened with Team Ninja's Ninja Gaiden Facebook, they always answered questions regarding the series and if they will be at special events, no idea why they got rid of all them :/

Pn33milan

Of course, after DOA, I had to play NG! XD
I only have sony consoles, so I only played the ports and not the originals.

After hearing the flop it was NG3 at launch, I decided to pick up sigma 2 on PS3 and I loved it.

When they announced NG3RE on PS3, and with Kasumi, I was sold! XD
I picked it up, I played the hell out of it, I found some friends to complete the ninja missions together and, up to this point, I think it's my favourite in the series.
I know it might be an unpopular opinion, but it was still the best one from the point of view of gameplay feeling, for me.
After I played NG3RE and went back to sigma 2, I found it a little more clunky. But still great ;)

In the end, I picked up sigma and dragon sword on NDS and they were both wonderful.
There were many features in sigma that I am sad they didn't bring back in future games :(
While dragon sword is one of the games which used the capabilities of the DS at its best

I admit I still didn't play Yaiba. I'm not a fan of zombies and the tone of the game didn't catch me. Let's see in the future ;)

Having said that. I hope they release a new chapter before the end of this gen. I think it's the perfect time

Argentus

i just can't play NH sigma knowing that the Future Ninja costume is no longer unlockable after beating the game.

Whhyyyyy did they take that out?

Brute

Standard Donor
Sigma's biggest problem was the Rachel segments. Sigma 2 had a lot more problems over NG2 vanilla, but at least it tried to compensate for those with plenty of nice added features. Sigma 1 is literally just NG:Black but worse (dual swords don't get close to compensating for its weaknesses). Sigma 1 just hurts to play if you're familiar with the original.

Pn33milan

yeah, not a fan of the Rachel section (and Rachel in general, tbh XD)

yeah, like I said, I've never had Microsoft consoles, so i have never played the original titles. I'm ok with the ports ^_^

dg1995

Sigma's biggest problem was the Rachel segments. Sigma 2 had a lot more problems over NG2 vanilla, but at least it tried to compensate for those with plenty of nice added features. Sigma 1 is literally just NG:Black but worse (dual swords don't get close to compensating for its weaknesses). Sigma 1 just hurts to play if you're familiar with the original.
I never understand the hate that Sigma 2 gets. Sigma 2 at least made the game less cheap(In Original 2 in master ninja difficulty you are forced to just spam some infinity moves in order to beat enemies otherwise they kill you easily) and At least in sigma 2 that stair part is playable compare to the slow motion mess that was in 2.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD