Ninja Gaiden Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
I never understand the hate that Sigma 2 gets. Sigma 2 at least made the game less cheap(In Original 2 in master ninja difficulty you are forced to just spam some infinity moves in order to beat enemies otherwise they kill you easily) and At least in sigma 2 that stair part is playable compare to the slow motion mess that was in 2.
Like I said, Sigma 2 did make a lot of improvements over 2 vanilla, but it also has some areas where it's weaker. This is oppossed to Sigma 1, which is basically just Black but worse. I'll address some of the pros and cons I see in Sigma 2 vs the original NG2 below:

+Chapter Select
+More vivid colors
+Emna's Fang
+Some new, decent boss fights
+Playable stair fight

-Essence/currency system
-Weapon upgrade system
-Palette swap enemies (too much health, nearly immune to-delimb; not challenging, just tedious to hack at for a while)
-Female chapters (break flow, and these characters' movesets need closer examination)
-Ranged weapons (Ryu must always have the bow equipped, and loses access to other types of weapons)
-Weird-looking Ryu model
-No blood (the colored mist is not only unsatisfying, but also weird to look at, and breaks immersion)

Dark_Blood_NG

New user here,

probably Fiend Busa and Sotherius remember me from NGRealm forum. I signed up here since I've seen there is a Ninja Gaiden thread, and seems pretty active.

I've played NGB, NG2 and NG3RE in the past. Right now I'm playing Sigma 2 for the first time, on Master Ninja. Theoretically, I'll try to do my best learning this game, then I want to go back to RE, which is probably my favourite but also the one I play the worst. Hopefully I'll become decent.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
New user here,

probably Fiend Busa and Sotherius remember me from NGRealm forum. I signed up here since I've seen there is a Ninja Gaiden thread, and seems pretty active.

I've played NGB, NG2 and NG3RE in the past. Right now I'm playing Sigma 2 for the first time, on Master Ninja. Theoretically, I'll try to do my best learning this game, then I want to go back to RE, which is probably my favourite but also the one I play the worst. Hopefully I'll become decent.

Hey,

What's up man! I remember you :)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I never understand the hate that Sigma 2 gets. Sigma 2 at least made the game less cheap(In Original 2 in master ninja difficulty you are forced to just spam some infinity moves in order to beat enemies otherwise they kill you easily) and At least in sigma 2 that stair part is playable compare to the slow motion mess that was in 2.

Sigma 2 was OK at best. The tweaks ranged from inspired to unbelievably stupid. I enjoyed it but Sigma 2 Plus was far superior aside from the frame rate.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They added the blood and gore back in and made some camera tweaks mainly. Just backtracked on some things the original Sigma 2 did that I disliked.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Doubtful. But more Nioh in some form, for sure.

Hope you're right haha. Much rather have NG4 >.<

And if they do come out with NG4, they better do something with Jin Hayabusa (reference, voice change, playable character with different moveset???)

Would be awesome.

Radiance

Wonder why they're focusing so much more on Nioh. Not a bad thing, I actually enjoy it more than NG, but still curious.

Sotherius

Also, NiOH is the love project of Koei's president... Of course something related to it will be greenlit easier...

Pn33milan

Imo, after NG3 they don't have as many ideas as before to refresh the series.

I kinda see nioh as a mash-up of discarded ideas for NG.

I don't mean we'll never see NG back again, but maybe it's more reasonable for them to experiment with the nioh formula, before they try again to innovate NG

The only idea they had for NG3 was to make it more "cinematographic" and we all know how much good it did -_-

For the records, I love both nioh and NG, but I'd rather have NG4 now than more nioh. With the game being not even 1 year old and its season pass, I'm settled for a bit more time ;)

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
It's Ninja Gaiden's 30th anniversary this year!

Smile Hayabusa, smile!!
VTeHm5P_d.jpg

Dark_Blood_NG

IMO:

Nioh 2 is granted because they already said that they wanted to do it since Nioh has been their greatest success.

"Hayashi-san’s chosen keywords for 2018 are “to gamers all over the world” I don't really like this sentence if the sense of it is "to all type of gamers, casuals included", because Ninja Gaiden is not the type of game that would be suitable for casuals. So that would mean either watered down/casualized NG or no NG at all. Though, they already did watered down NG with NG3 so I would be more inclined to think no NG at all.

I just hope I'm wrong.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD