Ninja Gaiden Thread

DeathHand

Hey guys, got a question, so I jumped from Xbox 360 to ps4 for this gen, the thing is I REALLY want ng sigma1 for personal reasons I prefer it over my classic black.

You guys think TN will release some sigma remaster collection at some point? or should I consider getting a cheap ps3?...considering their story for updated versions and people asking for it on FB I don't know what to think so I'm asking you pros :)

really got nothing to play until November...remasterstation sigh

Nameless Sama

Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 for ps4 ? It Would be a dream.... but I right know i am really interessted in Ninja Gaiden 4. What happend to this ? I would bei happy if we get some little infomations.

Ah yeah the tonfa and nunchaku still rocks. I wish them for ng4.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Xbox One will be the first to have playable Ninja Gaiden with BC. I don't envision a port happening because it's a waste of resources.

DeathHand

Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 for ps4 ? It Would be a dream.... but I right know i am really interessted in Ninja Gaiden 4. What happend to this ? I would bei happy if we get some little infomations.

Ah yeah the tonfa and nunchaku still rocks. I wish them for ng4.

I heard ng4 is on hold because they dont know where to go with the series at this time.nioh is their current protect for this current gen and doax3, I heard this from a comment on FB if I remember correctly, so it´s not exactly a great source sometimes...
people are asking for a HD re master of sigmas until ng4 comes out, from the research I did recently, there´s topics on forums and websites as well FB messages on NG page posts...we shall see
I can see a HD re master from sigmas happening, polish a few textures and water on sigma and make sigma2 more like vanilla on enemy numbers and blood among some balance and extras, we shall see...but doesnt seem likely at atm

Kronin

Take NG2. Refine mechanics to be as solid as Black. Make cool new level environments. Add co-op Chapter Challenge.

Mission Accomplished.

To this perfect picture I would add to put a focus on the human side of Ryu as in NG3... but I know that many people would love to experiment obliteration techniques over my body xD

DeathHand

Take NG2. Refine mechanics to be as solid as Black. Make cool new level environments. Add co-op Chapter Challenge.

Mission Accomplished.

would not that require to slow down NG2 a little bit? NG2 is faster, not for the better...the difficulty its just cheap crap (missels and explosive kunais alll over) , I didnt feel like it was lack of skill when I died on master ninja unlike in NG1/Black/sigma. I´m with you on preferring ninja gaiden 1 gameplay, the only thing I prefer in sigma over black is only small touches like the dodge moves (it´s so cool 8D~) and the top on the water gameplay and off course the polished graphics, but ng1 to ng2 there´s a huge difference that comes on the careful dodging and very strict frames of weak points that harder enemies rarely had (remember the wip boss or the skull monsters?), weapons would make a HUGE difference in fight to have an uper hand, in NG2 feels you can do well with just any weapon on any enemy since all are versatile unlike the original...I dunno, just saying it would require a HUGE amount of changes that takes a LOT of thinking/studing and I dont trust TN now to touch NG2 on balance besides fixing it´s flaws....I still think NG3RE is meh.
the little I played from sigma I was only disappointed from the lack of puzzles water graphics (I mean come on xbox version looked way better on this) and lack of costumes, but then again I only played it a bit to help my friend on higher difficulties ...

Brute

Standard Donor
would not that require to slow down NG2 a little bit? NG2 is faster, not for the better...the difficulty its just cheap crap (missels and explosive kunais alll over) , I didnt feel like it was lack of skill when I died on master ninja unlike in NG1/Black/sigma. I´m with you on preferring ninja gaiden 1 gameplay, the only thing I prefer in sigma over black is only small touches like the dodge moves (it´s so cool 8D~) and the top on the water gameplay and off course the polished graphics, but ng1 to ng2 there´s a huge difference that comes on the careful dodging and very strict frames of weak points that harder enemies rarely had (remember the wip boss or the skull monsters?), weapons would make a HUGE difference in fight to have an uper hand, in NG2 feels you can do well with just any weapon on any enemy since all are versatile unlike the original...I dunno, just saying it would require a HUGE amount of changes that takes a LOT of thinking/studing and I dont trust TN now to touch NG2 on balance besides fixing it´s flaws....I still think NG3RE is meh.
Kind of, but not exactly. Ryu's movement and attacks became faster, but enemy movement didn't really (Crow Shadow Demons are among the fastest foes in any of the games). NG2's combat problems were rooted in things aside from its sheer speed. For example, terrible collision and hitstun plagued almost every encounter with larger fiends. Bosses had stupid attacks and attack patterns, making the best way to fight them exploiting loops, rather than legitimately recognizing patterns and using reflexes to maximize offensive opportunities. Perhaps most prominently, the game expected you to get hit. A lot. How can you not when you're being sprayed with bullets, rockets, and incendiary shurikens from every direction in almost every single encounter? Allegedly to offset this, you have partially regenerating health, free heals at save statues, etc.

It's my honest opinion that those features were fucking bullshit. I far prefer the approach of Ninja Gaiden 1, where the idea was to try and complete every encounter flawlessly (which you could do consistently provided you don't mess up). This philosophy is clearly reflected in its gameplay, whereas NG2 sloppily throws a handful of enemies at you with the goal of barely surviving to build your health back up afterwords. Yes, I realize it's technically possible to complete Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja without taking damage save the acid pits (shinobier did it, IIRC), but no one can perform like that consistently because the developers never planned them to. So, it's stuff like that I'd like to see fixed, while still hosting the weapon selection/movelists, OTs and fluid responsiveness of NG2.

the little I played from sigma I was only disappointed from the lack of puzzles water graphics (I mean come on xbox version looked way better on this) and lack of costumes, but then again I only played it a bit to help my friend on higher difficulties ...
I still personally feel that Sigma 1 is the second-worst of the main Ninja Gaiden titles from TN (right after NG3 vanilla, which was horrible), but that's a topic for another time.

NinjaRayMan

Looks like NG will suffer the same fate as the NES series, done at 3.
Just think, they chose to work on DOA volleyball instead of NG4!
Hopefully Ni-oh is good enough to fill the void until they decide to resurrect the series.
The complete lack of hack-n-slash titles on this generation of consoles is really depressing

Kronin

Looks like NG will suffer the same fate as the NES series, done at 3.
Just think, they chose to work on DOA volleyball instead of NG4!
Hopefully Ni-oh is good enough to fill the void until they decide to resurrect the series.
The complete lack of hack-n-slash titles on this generation of consoles is really depressing

I think that they aren't working on a new Ninja Gaiden because just now they are trying to make a good hack'n'slash through Ni-Oh. I believe that team behind NG could end to work to both the series alternatively between an episode and the other (the gameplay concept apparently should be the same or very similar), and the eventual improvements with Ni-Oh ended to be implemented in the next NG and viceversa.

I think that we will have to wait for a break in the series but I'm pretty sure that neither KT neither TN is eager to put an end to the NG series, they are just stating that with FF Dissidia, Ni-Oh and DoAX3, NG3 will have to wait. They said us the same thing for DoA6 and I doubt that someone can think that we will not ever see it after the commercial success of the 5 series.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
RIP

■ Koei Tecmo’s Yosuke Hayashi

Q: Will there be a new Ninja Gaiden soon?

A: Although a lot of our staff want to work on one, since we’re working on a variety of projects, we’re not actually going ahead with it. We have a number of ideas, so we’ll tell you when it comes to form.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/10/dengeki-...-enix-koei-tecmo-sce-more#vJtQQcMlRGCEHDSc.99

Welcome to the life of a NG player.

I know this game all too well, I don't expect a new NG for two-three years.

Nameless Sama

Hello there ,

I am searching a partner for the team missions in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 -> I dont have a Partner to practice and I really want to finish the missions . I only need -> Mentor 5 , MN 1 , 2 , 5 UN 1 , 2 , 3. My only problem is to fight Liz and to fight against FG with the tonfa. But the others are no problem. I can twirl with Rachel too , but I need to warm up first. Everyone , who needs to finish other trials , would be great opportunity too.

I am tired of DOA and wanted to play Ninja Gaiden again. It' was worth trying to ask.

Ninja Gaiden just for fun.

For Ninja Gaiden Razors Edge -> I have this game on the ps3 too. So if you want we can play it together.

:hayabusa: PSN -> IThats-My-WayI :hayabusa:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I can help you.

fiendbusa is my psn

Edit:

If you are good with the BoTA. UN1 with 2x bota is a lot faster and easier.

Nameless Sama

You was the first one , who was my friend on PSN Gary D: -> :hayabusa: -> that really hurts man

-> Yeah thanks , its really hard to find any partner. Story and Chapter Challenge are done. Since I have a long time ( 2 weeks ) we can play Ninja Gaiden together if you want. I have watched you Video with liz (loop) it really helped me but I still need training via Online. I have watched many trials so I actually know what we have to do.

Thank you mate -> :hayabusa:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
SORRY! I just never see you online thtats why D:

Yea, we can do some online training first, I need it too since I haven't played in forever. We can train in Master Ninja 3.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD