Ninja Gaiden Weapon Discussion

Brute

Standard Donor
So Muramasa talks about how the Dragon Sword can only be wielded by those of the Dragon lineage. What exactly happens when some random guy tries to pick it up? Is it like untouchable or something?
It drains/consumes their soul, according to the lore.

Don't ask how Cliff touched it. NG3's story is so hole-y it could be taught in Sunday School.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The Alchemists are a bit different, but yeah, there were certainly some plot holes. Let's be real though, only those of us that are really into the franchise noted most of them.

bingsoo

NG3's story is so hole-y it could be taught in Sunday School.

Lol, nice.

NG4 should go back to all that Dragon lore. Seriously, I really hope they leave the CIA, Irene, and Mizuki out of it. BTW, did Momiji teach herself to use the Naginata during her pilgrimage after NGDS?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Momiji taught herself to use the Naginata with plot-fu so she could avoid being a clone again in Sigma 2 lol. Luckily it's a solid style for her. And the Dragon lore came up very strongly in DS so I'm not sure what else they could do with it.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
well he never really tried to "use it " per-say.he just picked it up and threw it to....wait.

is Canna part of the Dragon lineage now? O_O

Brute

Standard Donor
well he never really tried to "use it " per-say.he just picked it up and threw it to....wait.

is Canna part of the Dragon lineage now? O_O
Goddess form could be counted. Not sure if Canna's normal form still carries any remnant of Ryu's blood (I tend to doubt it).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Canna herself was unchanged. The Goddess form itself seemed to have just grown around her and her psyche was linked to it. Not likely the blood ever touched her so I'd say that's not something that ever needs to be addressed again.

In any case, we're getting away from discussing the weapons themselves a bit too much, despite this being somewhat relevant still. Let's pull it back in a bit.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
am i the only fan of dokus kitestu? XD

the UT animation was badass and the soul steal move was cool

No.
am i the only fan of dokus kitestu? XD

the UT animation was badass and the soul steal move was cool
No. I love that weapon
I personally wish they would bring it back. I think it would be cool to not only have it by itself but also to dual wield it with either the true dragon sword or archfiend blade

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I would say a good UT for something like that would be instead of him trying to dual wield three swords lol, have his Shadow/Spirit come out and do the combo with him.

id use that for something else,it's the sword's spirit that does all that cool shit also it splits in more moves than just the UT

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Kitetsu doesn't drain HP in Black or Sigma. Never played the original NG, so can't say, there.

From what I remember in NG vanilla the Kitetsu would drain your HP but there is an amulet that slowly heals your HP so if you had that equipped the Kitetsu wouldn't drain your HP

i forget what the amulets called, is it in NGB?

Lol i remember camping with the amulet for 20minutes to regain full HP on certain parts cuz i was a noob, good ol NG days

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD