Nioh General Discussion

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I finally beat this dude Tachibana completely naked with the bare hands. This guy is a real dick when you get him to that tiny bit of health left. I'll try to re-record a better one that doesn't involve a super lengthy battle.

Tachibana: Shit i'm about to die, fuck it. Summon my dog.
Me: Dodged it woo. *Comes back around*, *I die*. Oh wat.
Tachibana: Woooooo *bows*.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Somebody found a loop on Tachibana with the axe. It's pretty lame to watch but expected with any human-like enemy, really.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Somebody found a loop on Tachibana with the axe. It's pretty lame to watch but expected with any human-like enemy, really.

Ah yeah I think I seen that one. There was another video involving that rock on the left side of the entrance. Player got him stuck there and all he had to do was charge heavy axe triangle ground wave multiple times.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ah yeah I think I seen that one. There was another video involving that rock on the left side of the entrance. Player got him stuck there and all he had to do was charge heavy axe triangle ground wave multiple times.
Yup. Kind of takes the fun out of it but if someone is having trouble I guess it's better gaming the boss than calling in another player and letting them do it. At least you're doing it yourself. Or something.

Brute

Standard Donor
I've seen some people playing Nioh like Ninja Gaiden as well; spamming the whirlwind attack with the dual swords repeatedly like the old 360 Y.

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the "Hidden Teahouse" or the "Storehouse"?

Argentus

Have you guys tried the Twilight missions yet? it's a change in area coloring and scenery to dark red, enemies replaced in areas with stronger ones, more enemies etc. but the reward payout is greater for playing on it. There is this flaming wheel Yokai thing in some of these twilight missions too. I finished the one with Hino-enma the other day.

He's actually pretty easy for the first part, the second part he obtains faster movement but not at all super difficult. You'd want to attack him at certain points and avoid him completely right after because of the large area spinning chains attack he does. You should attack when he finished the spinning attack or two chain ball swings. (2-3x strikes of mid stance Katana should do it) and then immediately step away for repeat. The second part is when you shatter his chains, he'll tend to throw the chain balls at you this time which is not at all hard to dodge either. If he's still giving you trouble throw in some Sloth talisman to slow him down, that should allow you to get more hits in.

There's an item that allows you to call back your guardian spirit holding your Amrita. Check to see if you have those in your inventory. (Course, don't constantly use the item since it's limited, use it when you are really stuck in a jam or you are about to level up.) I only use it when I managed to die somewhere deep within the stage and I get transferred to a earlier shrine part of the stage. Really useful in Twilight missions.

I died to a stupid basic enemy during a run back to the boss and lost it all.

So of course the boss attempt immediately after that I steamrolled him since by that point id leveled up familiarity on my spear from constantly running back lol

I never remember to switch stances though and wind up just always high stance for the huge 360 degree spear sweeps and thrust barrage so I'm always at risk of running out of stamina. Adds to the challenge I suppose.

I like all the cool yanks sweeps and flips the low stance has for spears but I've seen too many enemies simply not flinching from my attacks so I never wanna risk it.

Yeah I saw the callback but I didn't know it saved the souls too so I didn't use it. Wish id known

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I died to a stupid basic enemy during a run back to the boss and lost it all.

So of course the boss attempt immediately after that I steamrolled him since by that point id leveled up familiarity on my spear from constantly running back lol

I never remember to switch stances though and wind up just always high stance for the huge 360 degree spear sweeps and thrust barrage so I'm always at risk of running out of stamina. Adds to the challenge I suppose.

I like all the cool yanks sweeps and flips the low stance has for spears but I've seen too many enemies simply not flinching from my attacks so I never wanna risk it.

Yeah I saw the callback but I didn't know it saved the souls too so I didn't use it. Wish id known
The callback from the shrine doesn't. It tells you that you lose your stuff. Bomb is talking about the Summoner's Candle item that you can use to call your spirit back with your amrita.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
14102306_856303301166343_4384344582373773142_n.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Got my Raikiri and I'm really digging the Soul Match function too. Makes it so unique equipment doesn't have to end up useless as you level up. I did accidentally make an offering of the sweet Earth element katana that Shibusawa Kou's Revenant drops (got it to drop on the Twilight mission). A little salty about having done that. Its base stats are nowhere near Raikiri's, though.

Also, Tachibana Muneshige is a fucking douchebag if you fight him normally. His damn spirit attacks multiple times when he's about to die and he constantly rushes down. I ended up killing him on the third attempt but he definitely was an interesting fight. I hope there's one against Hanzo.

Brute

Standard Donor
So no one's figured out the Hidden Teahouse yet?

So the game is good? I was never a fan of the soul series so I've been kinda hesitant.
Yes. It has elements in common with the Souls games, but you don't have to like those to dig Nioh. The combat is far sharper and more engaging, and structurally the game is actually sound (unlike From's games). Give it a go.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
So the game is good? I was never a fan of the soul series so I've been kinda hesitant.
It was good in the alpha and it's better now. It is very much like Souls games from a structure standpoint but the combat is, thankfully, leagues better and closer to what we'd expect from TN.
So no one's figured out the Hidden Teahouse yet?
I've been trying. Running around trying some of the rare items out. That horn has to do something damnit.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Anybody found those mimic enemies that appear out of treasure boxes in Twilight missions? you can obtain entirely new gestures if you lock on to them (don't attack) and perform a gesture towards them, they'll send you too that may be entirely new which you can receive upon killing them after.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Anybody found those mimic enemies that appear out of treasure boxes in Twilight missions? you can obtain entirely new gestures if you lock on to them (don't attack) and perform a gesture towards them, they'll send you too that may be entirely new which you can receive upon killing them after.
Hasn't happened to me yet. I've found the little summoner bastards that hide and I've found the turtle things that run from you but that's about it.

Side note: I love that the amrita counter switches to gold/yellow when you have enough amrita to level up. Cool detail and very useful at high levels.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hasn't happened to me yet. I've found the little summoner bastards that hide and I've found the turtle things that run from you but that's about it.

Yeah I can take a screenshot when I go for the twilight mission again. They don't seem to appear in regular versions it seems, and it's only the big treasure boxes. They come out with a bag on their back and transform into you while performing taunts. If you attack right away I don't think you'll receive new ones. I can definitely post the screenshots of the gestures I unlocked.

Yeah Tachibana can be a dick lol, that dog always seems to get me the 2nd time since I forget his lower health version will try to come back to you for an attack.

Argentus

You mean difficult? I think that's what you mean.

Fight through it and beat it by yourself. Much more rewarding and the full game will be easier for you then.

No I don't.

I'm not saying I never die but souls games can get tedious playing solo after a while and co op makes anything more fun.

Where are you?

(PS4 is the only platform it's available on.)

I've only done the first mission so far, killed the ball and chain demon on the boat.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD