Nioh General Discussion

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not really interested in the game like that but i do like the designs, this ice lady with a hime cut is gorgeous:
IMG_20161007_081705-1.jpg

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Last edited:

Puño de Leyenda

New characters

2rLxVf2.jpg

beNleq1.jpg

also im going to give a bit of a warning for this one. remember they said William is supposed to be the only playable character so don't get to excited. we're still not sure what this screen is for.

http://imgur.com/a/j2out

there is some more here that i don't feel like posting

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/5ak9iq/new_characters_famitsu_screenshot/

Awesome update, thanks!!!

And in regard to the Hattori Hanzo pic, I appreciate your forewarning. Here's hoping that he actually is playable and also some other characters!

Last edited:

Sotherius

I can see other playable characters in some sort of NG+ file...

Also, with the game having pvp, it would make sense, and also from the perspective that you can have unique skills for each character.

Is something i hoped since the beginning, and nothing is true until it is confirmed, but i have high hopes.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
From the London PS4 Pro event:

CwVSRBvXgAAqfXA.jpg:orig

That it reaches native 4K on the PS4 Pro shows that it actually isn't that graphically impressive. Normally current gen titles don't reach a native 4K on the Pro and have to go for 4K checkerboard rendering.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It looks great and plays better. Not sure what you're looking for.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It looks great and plays better. Not sure what you're looking for.

I'm saying Nioh is not a pretty game, not on the OG PS4 and not on PS4 Pro. Which worries me for DOA6. If it comes around in a couple of years I want it to slay every other game graphically like it did on the PS2 and OG Xbox.

In other news:

Speaking at a PlayStation Pro event earlier today, Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi revealed that Sony will be publishing Nioh in both Europe and North America. The PlayStation 4 exclusive is due out in February 2017, and Hayashi said that the team is working with Sony in order to "get the game into as many hands as possible".
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016..._first-party_ps4_game_will_pubish_in_the_west

This means Sony is treating Nioh as a first party game and a Xbox One and PC release have become very unlikely.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Nioh looks fine to me. I don't see what the problem is. Besides, they still have plenty of time left to finish.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Eh I love it, but it's not the prettiest game graphically, but then again neither are any of the Souls games they just have good art direction. Nioh doesn't always excel at that, the caves honestly just suck but then you have the grasslands and raining temple which looks and sounds excellent.

Last edited:

Sotherius

I like the art direction, gameplay and designs in general.

Running on 60fps on my regular ps4 is all i wanted and i imagine i'll get that.

Brute

Standard Donor
It's on a console and isn't being made by Naughty Dog. The graphics won't be the latest and greatest by default.

That said, game looks fucking amazing. Haven't been this excited for a game in a very long time.

Sotherius

Seeing how Fumihiko Yasuda is the director of Nioh, and how Kou Shibusawa has this as his personal project, i really hope that this game is successful, first, because i honestly think it is great, at least the beta was, and the second reason, is that Koei is probably going to greenlight team ninja's projects more easily if they make this super high budget game work. (So Ninja Gaiden 4, in the future, please).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just incase for those that haven't seen, it looks like there will be more playable characters. One of them is Hanzo.

14915601_1786153161643704_710758004340723899_n.jpg

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I love it when you out of the blue decided to Google a game coming out and get some new info.

These are the pre-order bonuses and deluxe version of the game

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/nioh-digital-deluxe-edition-pre-order-bonuses-announced

Pre-order
IMG_0774.JPG

Deluxe edition
IMG_0775.JPG

Ironically, because of the demos this was for once a new IP I would have bought a deluxe edition for if only it had good physical items like a statue, poster, or anything really.

But hey if i can get that sick ass armor and the dynamic theme then I'm good.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD